Factory Farming Horror Stories

Thundercrack85

Avenger
Reaction score
You know, I liked to think that things had come a long way since the days of Upton Sinclair's the Jungle, but if this any indication...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/07/u...lty-is-becoming-the-crime.html?pagewanted=all

I caution anyone with a weak stomach not to watch the videos, just read.

"Pregnant pigs with rectal and uterine prolapses were refused proper treatment. Pigs died in their gestation crates and were left there for days. One dead pig was half-buried in grain from an automatic feeder. One dying pig, barely even able to move, was desperately trying to inch her way to water, and the only hydration she received came as an act of mercy from our investigator."

I've killed animals and eaten them the same day, but this is just sickening. And the worst part is that a lot of people want to make it harder to stop.

I'm seriously considering abstaining from buying any meat products in grocery stores.

I'm just wondering what other people's thoughts are.

-_- I'm a vegetarian for obvious reasons. Granted my diet is poor, but as long as it's not meat...I don't give a crap. I still eat dairy products. Eggs, milk, cheese.

I'm not watching the video, I saw Evil Dead (2013). I've seen enough NC-17 violence for one day as is.

The killing of pregnant sows is nothing new. In my biology class as an undergrad, we dissected fetal pigs. If the sow went to slaughter while pregnant, it was considered another sale to sell the fetuses.

Pig biology is similar to human and since the fetuses weren't fully developed, they were easier to cut into.

Beats cutting open cats. :o

When my aunt's dog got old and went blind, she drove it out to the middle of nowhere and left it.

Calling her a ***** is an insult to female dogs.

I don't know why I watch these animal cruelty exposes, as I am, I think, below average weight just by my natural metabolism, I eat far more frequently than my roommates and weigh less, and I really don't think I would be healthy at all if I tried to make it as a vegetarian, so I guess I'm a hypocrite to get so bent out of shape about it and then eat a pig or chicken the next day. But seriously....we don't need to be this cruel about it. It's completely nauseating and I don't understand people who can work at these places and not feel ashamed of themselves.

I didnt watch the video but I'm sure that the animals living conditions were filthy. The farmers could pay someone to keep the area clean but then the cost of the meat would go up and kill business. And frankly, most people dont care if the animal died in pain. As long as they get their dinner.

I don't know why I watch these animal cruelty exposes, as I am, I think, below average weight just by my natural metabolism, I eat far more frequently than my roommates and weigh less, and I really don't think I would be healthy at all if I tried to make it as a vegetarian, so I guess I'm a hypocrite to get so bent out of shape about it and then eat a pig or chicken the next day. But seriously....we don't need to be this cruel about it. It's completely nauseating and I don't understand people who can work at these places and not feel ashamed of themselves.

When I watch them...it....really makes me hate people. Like if I were a God..I be a Evil one...because ''humans'' would just get...-_-....me....-_- mad....24/7.

-_- I dunno, maybe I just have anger issues. I dunno.

^ I feel the same way. Like, I kind of wish harm upon the people in the videos.

A taste of their own medicine.

Which is hugely hypocritical of me, considering how much I love a good burger.

Well, this is just recreational sadism.

But then I question if any mentally healthy person would work in a factory farm (very distinct from a conventional farm). You do nothing all day except butcher animals, who when they're not being butchered, are living in conditions that would be charitably described as "horrific". It's not a job any decent human being would volunteer for. At best, some people may have to settle for it.

So, it really shouldn't be surprising that there are so many horror stories coming out of these places. This is just one company, but it's not at all an isolated incident. Hence why the companies are trying to pass legislation to stop activists from filming in them.

The stories coming out of chicken factory farms are even more gruesome, and less hygienic (workers urinating on the chickens). Countless male chicks being thrown in wood chippers alive.

If nothing else, you'd hope that the general public would be disturbed by the hygienic issues, if not the ethical ones.

When I watch them...it....really makes me hate people. Like if I were a God..I be a Evil one...because ''humans'' would just get...-_-....me....-_- mad....24/7.

-_- I dunno, maybe I just have anger issues. I dunno.

Dude, if you watch these videos and don't get angry, then you really have issues.

Be angry.

Yeah but I'm a cat person, so.....yeah. :o
So am I. I have a cat and a dog. I love them both very much. :huh:

Maybe I'm warped. I don't know. Recently a box turtle I've had for about twenty years died. My dad buried him in the back yard. I wanted to wait a while and dig up the skeleton so I could keep it.

My dad didn't like that idea.

Hence my moral dilemma. The videos disgust and infuriate me, but I couldn't stand to not eat meat.

No, it isn't. It's a matter of $$.

Uh the white trash "workers" in the videos gratuitously urinating on chickens, tossing piglets in the air for fun, etc., has nothing to do with $$$, it's the, ahem, "workers" going out of their way to be sadists.

Which indicates they're ****ed in the head, which presumably is the only way they can stand to work in those hellholes in the first place.

I mean, just look at the people on video and see how they look and talk. You're not dealing with the best and brightest here. At best, you're dealing with borderline Neanderthals who don't understand or care about anything except "WORKER SMASH!". At worst, you're dealing with psychopathic sadists who get to take their urges out on an endless personal army of captive animals all the live long day. Some of the people there are probably rolling in their own personal blood-soaked heaven.

Last edited:
Its terrible because I rather stay ignorant about this than give up my meats. :csad:

if it makes you feel better, there are plenty of animals that would love a human burger.

Uh the white trash "workers" in the videos gratuitously urinating on chickens, tossing piglets in the air for fun, etc., has nothing to do with $$$, it's the, ahem, "workers" going out of their way to be sadists.

Which indicates they're ****ed in the head, which presumably is the only way they can stand to work in those hellholes in the first place.

I mean, just look at the people on video and see how they look and talk. You're not dealing with the best and brightest here. At best, you're dealing with borderline Neanderthals who don't understand or care about anything except "WORKER SMASH!". At worst, you're dealing with psychopathic sadists who get to take their urges out on an endless personal army of captive animals all the live long day. Some of the people there are probably rolling in their own personal blood-soaked heaven.
Look at the bolded portion, then think about what I said again. This is the direct result of cost-saving measures and production on a commercial scale.

Granted, the actions on the part of the individuals do ultimately boil down to sadism, but to ignore the economic factors in play is to fundamentally misunderstand this situation. This is a symptom of a much larger problem.

Last edited:
If this stuff sickens you guys(it sickens me as well), my sister showed me a youtube video of those *******s over in China who skin Raccoon Dogs for all the losers who want fur this and fur that. The thing that disgusted me and made me want to Hulk rage was the fact that they grab them by their hind legs and slam them into the ground to give them a bit of shell shock/knock them out, then proceed to skin them alive. The last few seconds of one of the videos is a skinned Raccoon Dog slowly moving it's head in agonizing pain.

I can't believe people do this kind of sick **** to animals...especially the cute ones.

If this stuff sickens you guys(it sickens me as well), my sister showed me a youtube video of those *******s over in China who skin Raccoon Dogs for all the losers who want fur this and fur that. The thing that disgusted me and made me want to Hulk rage was the fact that they grab them by their hind legs and slam them into the ground to give them a bit of shell shock/knock them out, then proceed to skin them alive. The last few seconds of one of the videos is a skinned Raccoon Dog slowly moving it's head in agonizing pain.

I can't believe people do this kind of sick **** to animals...especially the cute ones.

I've seen that video.

People who wear fur are shallow *****es.

Its terrible because I rather stay ignorant about this than give up my meats. :csad:

You don't have to give up meats. You don't need to sadistically torture animals for that.

Realistic goals like getting rid of battery cages, and more oversight (as opposed to these gag laws, they're trying to get passed in state legislatures) can go a very long way.

Stick your head in the sand, and it will only get worse, and your meat will be worse.

You don't have to give up meats. You don't need to sadistically torture animals for that.

Realistic goals like getting rid of battery cages, and more oversight (as opposed to these gag laws, they're trying to get passed in state legislatures) can go a very long way.

Stick your head in the sand, and it will only get worse, and your meat will be worse.

Ok calm down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"