Factory Farming Horror Stories

Unless we all switch to whatever the hell they feed the cows and pigs, we eat now. That might work.
It's mostly corn. This is problematic, because grain alone can't provide a healthy diet. The diet of the average American is already 60% corn, it turns out, and many have raised concerns that this is a pretty unhealthy trend.

I would suggest that the infrastructure already exists. Even corn farmers have to practice crop rotation, which usually involves the cultivation of nitrogen-fixing (see: protein-rich) varieties (e.g., soy). This type of effort isn't unprecedented, either.

I'm not convinced that this actually addresses the ecological/energetic concerns.

But you're killing... I don't know. What part of our diet is made up of eggs, meats, and dairy? I would imagine it's a huge percentage. They're going to have to make up for that.

As for the latter, I'm no expert, and it's all hypothetical, since, they're still working on it. But supposedly with vertical farming, it's much better ecologically. Or to quote some smart people via Wikipedia, "A study by researchers at Oxford and the University of Amsterdam found that in vitro meat was "potentially ... much more efficient and environmentally-friendly", generating only 4% greenhouse gas emissions, reducing the energy needs of meat generation by up to 45%, and requiring only 2% of the land that the global meat/livestock industry does."

It's mostly corn. This is problematic, because grain alone can't provide a healthy diet. The diet of the average American is already 60% corn, it turns out, and many have raised concerns that this is a pretty unhealthy trend.

60%? Well, I guess that explains why the corn lobby is so powerful.

No just the fruits the plants produce.
So you survive entirely on fruit?

Alex_Spider said:
If one looks at our dentition and the structure of our digestive tract would confirm that in our core we are born to be fruit eaters first.
Care to elaborate? What traits in particular lead you to that conclusion?

Last edited:
Allah wills it for the animals to be killed... if you follows Allah's way then it is painless, merciful PBUH and above all the best.. Halal is the way to go... let the blood blow as the throat is sliced Allah hu akbar and all is well and one can have a royal feast with said animal.

That said, cruelty should not be performed on the animal bismillah.

Well to me it seems like Allah got it all wrong. Every animal death is cruel and unnecessary if it doesn't involve self protection no matter how gently you cut its throat.

So you survive entirely on fruit?

Care to elaborate?

Fir most fruit yeah. Dried nuts also and pulses. Elaborate how exactly? Our differences in the body with the carnivore are huge and obvious. With the herbivore animals also are smaller but exist. Many herbivores have special digestive systems that let them digest all kinds of plants, including grasses that are difficult for us as we can't eat every kind of plant that exists. In short words we are nothing like a carnivore, more similar to a herbivore but still different enough and surely not an omnivore. That's just a cheap cop out for our addiction in meat to feel better for the atrocities we commit to the animals and our bodies.

Last edited:
Elaborate how exactly? Our differences in the body with the carnivore are huge and obvious. With the herbivore animals also are smaller but exist. Many herbivores have special digestive systems that let them digest all kinds of plants, including grasses that are difficult for us as we can't eat every kind of plant that exists. In short words we are nothing like a carnivore, more similar to a herbivore but different enough still and surely not an omnivore. That's just a cheap cop out to make us feel better for the atrocities we commit to the animals and our bodies.
What traits in particular lead you to this conclusion? You're being awfully vague.

What traits in particular lead you to this conclusion?
The traits that "Our differences in the body with the carnivore are huge and obvious. With the herbivore animals also are smaller but exist. Many herbivores have special digestive systems that let them digest all kinds of plants, including grasses that are difficult for us as we can't eat every kind of plant that exists"
How am I being awfully vague? These are facts. Do you want a detailed scientific explanation?

Last edited:
The traits that "Our differences in the body with the carnivore are huge and obvious. With the herbivore animals also are smaller but exist. Many herbivores have special digestive systems that let them digest all kinds of plants, including grasses that are difficult for us as we can't eat every kind of plant that exists"
Awfully vague? These are facts. Do you want detailed scientific explanation?
I want specific traits. You're making claims which require some type of quantification or qualification. It's only natural that we should begin discussing functional morphology. Hell, I would love a detailed scientific explanation, but I realize that may be a lot to ask.

Let's discuss the presence of mixed dentition, digestive endocrinology, the structure of the digestive tract, and post-natal developmental biology in an evolutionary context. This would be a good start.

I'm with Evo. Our teeth clearly show that we were made to eat pretty much anything we came across. Except for grass, because we clearly do not possess stomaches with 4 compartments like cows do. :oldrazz:

Bio major here. :oldrazz: As is Evo, IIRC.

I want specific traits. You're making claims which require some type of quantification or qualification. It's only natural that we should begin discussing functional morphology.

Uh, do i require some type of qualification to know that i don't have long vampiric teeth like the cornivores and that i don't have a long neck, and a tai l and can't eat all types of grass like herbivores do?

Hell, I would love a detailed scientific explanation, but I realize that may be a lot to ask.
lol go ahead they 're available all over the net.

Let's discuss the presence of mixed dentition, digestive endocrinology, the structure of the digestive tract, and post-natal developmental biology in an evolutionary context. This would be a good start.
No we wont. :dry:

I'm with Evo. Our teeth clearly show that we were made to eat pretty much anything we came across. Except for grass, because we clearly do not possess stomaches with 4 compartments like cows do. :oldrazz:

Bio major here. :oldrazz: As is Evo, IIRC.
Yeah our teeth can totally rip the flesh of an animal easily, then eat it uncooked and digest it perfectly with our weak stomach acids.:whatever: :doh:. But let me guess you need a scientific explanation too for this like Evo does lol

Last edited:
Uh, do i require some type of qualification to know that i don't have long vampiric teeth like the cornivores and that i don't have a long neck, and a tai l and can't eat all types of grass like herbivores do?
None of this explains the exclusion of omnivory as a possibility.

Also: the term "qualification" has several definitions.

Alex_Spider said:
I've read them. I've read arguments from vegan-run sites, too. I'm pretty well versed in these discussions.

Alex_Spider said:
No we wont. :dry:
Why not? These are the most important topics in this particular debate.

But let me guess you need a scientific explanation too for this like Evo does lol
I'm reminded of your moral argument from earlier: I'm beginning to question whether you're actually capable of defending your position.

And we should TOTALLY believe anything that we read on the internet. :oldrazz:

And there's this, which is actually from a pretty reputable source:

"We have an obsession today with fat and cholesterol because we can go to the market and stuff ourselves with it," Stanford said. "But as a species we are relatively immune to the harmful effects of fat and cholesterol. Compared to the great apes, we can handle a diet that's high in fat and cholesterol, and the great apes cannot.

"Even though we have all these problems in terms of heart disease as we get older, if you give a gorilla a diet that a meat-loving man might eat in Western society, that gorilla will die when it's in its twenties; a normal life span might be 50. They just can't handle that kind of diet."

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/02/0218_050218_human_diet.html

Yeah our teeth can totally rip the flesh of an animal easily, then eat it uncooked and digest it perfectly.:whatever: lol
Um, that's why we have opposable thumbs and were able to invent knives and such.

Actually, when I was recovering from stomach flu, the only thing I could eat comfortably was sushi. Raw fish.

I COULD NOT handle raw vegetables. They had to be cooked until they were mushy, at which point they lost all their nutrients. :oldrazz: And even then, one time butternut squash soup gave me really bad cramps.

I'm reminded of your moral argument from earlier: I'm beginning to question whether you're actually capable of defending your position.

Dude don't take it so personally. I don't have the time to get involved in thorough and detailed scientific explanations. We just share our thoughts and that's it. No hard feelings.

And we should TOTALLY believe anything that we read on the internet. :oldrazz:

And there's this, which is actually from a pretty reputable source:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/02/0218_050218_human_diet.html

Um, that's why we have opposable thumbs and were able to invent knives and such.

Actually, when I was recovering from stomach flu, the only thing I could eat comfortably was sushi. Raw fish.

I COULD NOT handle raw vegetables. They had to be cooked until they were mushy, at which point they lost all their nutrients. :oldrazz: And even then, one time butternut squash soup gave me really bad cramps.

But what i said is not just some internet rumor. These are obvious facts you can see for yourself. Knives and tools are cheating. You couldn't handle raw vegetables because you are too addicted and conditioned in eating meat simply.

Last edited:
Not a reliable source to me

My Goodness man. It's National GeoGraphic. How much more reliable do you need?!

Although all kidding aside, I am going by their name brand, I really don't keep up with them to be honest.

Dude don't take it so personally. I don't have the time to get involved in thorough and detailed scientific explanations. We just share our thoughts and that's it. No hard feelings.
Ie, you're not a scientist, or can't even think like one, and can't find evidence to back you up. :oldrazz:

But what said is not just some internet rumor. These are obvious facts you can see for yourself. Knives and tools are cheating. You couldn't handle raw vegetables because you are too addicted and conditioned in eating meat simply.
Uhhh the fact that we learned to use tools and cook our food VERY early on certainly has a hand in our evolution. :huh:

And I'm not a "meat eater," not by any means. :funny: I always have to have some kind of vegetable with my meals. During that time where my stomach was sensitive, I simply did not eat much of anything. It's a good way to lose "that last 10 lbs." Except when you're already underweight. :o

My Goodness man. It's National GeoGraphic. How much more reliable do you need?!

Although all kidding aside, I am going by their name brand, I really don't keep up with them to be honest.

Yeah I know I am getting into everyones nerves lol. But it's like you said it. Everyone is going by their brand name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"