Family turns in $1 million found on street

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by Morg, May 21, 2020.

1. Morg Super Moderator

B likes this.
  2. Shinobi Shaw Hellfire Club's Black King

Those are some damn good, honest, churchgoing Virginia people. Because if I found those bags I probably would’ve been like...

77FC71C9-5F77-43A5-AE69-A7A29E467798.gif

3. Spider-Fan83 with great power...

probably would have at least kept it around, just in case I started running low on TP... what's there to spend money on right now, anyway, that's the only thing papers good for these days lol

4. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Really?

Rent.

Food.

Medicine.

Clothing.

Child care items.

House payments.

Electricity.

Water.

Heat.

I don't know... Feels like I'm still spending money like most. Also, between Amazon and others I could still buy tons of "fun/useless" crap if $1 million landed in my lap.

5. MissMarvelous87 Registered

Haven't read the article but... How come is that you find 1 million dollars in the street? Why?

This happened just once and I was on holidays: found £40 at the entrance of a bar and I just pick them up. At the moment it was like 'nice' and kept going, the next day I felt awful!!! Someone was missing those £40!

So I decided to give the money to a poor family, my family :p 10 each and I made those people happy! After that I felt a little bit better.

Now, a million... At the rate exchange I could get myself a house.

Flash525 likes this.
  6. B [insert witty comment]

Would be have been incredibly difficult to not try & keep such a lifechanging amount of money.. that being said, I'd have probably felt a guilty given that you have no idea where that money has come from or where it was going, could have been going to a charity.

7. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I would be sorely tempted but it wouldn't be morals sad to say, that would make me turn it in.

Self preservation. I don't know who might be looking for it. And I don't mean banks or charities.

8. samsnee Ok

I don’t know how you would be able to use it though. Sounds like it fell out of a bank truck. You couldn’t deposit it without drawing attention unless you do it in small sums. And paying for a new car in cash definitely raises suspicions as well.

9. Immortalfire Make it so.

10. Marvolo Registered

You know when people ***** because God doesnt get involved and help those in need...

You know when people say God works in mysterious ways...

[​IMG]

Shinobi Shaw likes this.
  11. Spider-Fan83 with great power...

tho, I was clearly joking

but, my point was more about "paper money", how would you go about converting that much cash in to usable digital curacy?(with most shopping being done online or over the phone these days) that you can pay your rent/bills with (or do you typically send you're landlord or electric company envelops full of $100 dollar bills?)

where on your computer are you planning on inserting them $dallars bills to order stuff off amazon? lol you'd have to go out and buy a **** load of giftcards to do any online shopping and that would raise some red flags... same with trying to deposit that much into your bank account

in all honesty, I see a bag of cash in middle of the street I get as far way from that as possible... that sounds like a ransom drop or drug deal going down

no-one puts that much cash in a bag without it being for something sketchy

#11 Spider-Fan83, May 22, 2020
    Last edited: May 22, 2020
  12. BrollySupersj Howard, Fine, and Howard

I would have I kept it. Sorry, not sorry.

13. Schlosser85 Watchful Protector

This would be my sole pause.

Giving away money that falls into your lap for so called “moral” reasons just strikes me as ridiculous.

14. Marvolo Registered

Since it was in post office bags you could be fairly sure that it wasnt criminal cash.

The only real threats to consider would be the fact that it might be traceable if you ever use it, and if you're not careful the IRS will notice that your expenses significantly exceed your income. Best thing to do if you keep it would be to invest some of it, or put it into a savings account for college or a rainy day/emergency. Dont buy anything expensive and dont change your habits. Pay your bills the same way you always have and spend money like you've got the same income you've always had. This couldnt be used as play money.

Schlosser85 likes this.