Famitsu Rates Final Fantasy XII 10/10 10/10 10/10 10/10

this review offers me no hope.
FF 10 got great reviews and was on many "must buy" lists.
It is a pile of pretty turd.
The world's gone dumb.
Plus I've read several American dudes that got to play it for an hour and they all agreed the combat system sucks and they all hoped it would be changed before it's released here.

I had absolutely no problem with X until the story fell apart, the battle system itself was fun.

The combat system in the XII demo is incomplete. It was on active-without-all-the-systems-enabled mode, you can ajust it, or even wait mode which is exactly like the older FF games.

Mr. Credible said:
if you don't like it that's one thing... but when every final fantasy game (excluding the "spin-off" ones i listed before) gets very high scores, and more or less anyone who's into RPG's claims the Final Fantasy series as their favorite, i'm going to have to dissagree with you.
Now granted I only have first hand experience with FF I, II, and VII. I saw a good deal of VIII and IX, and all of X. FFI was the only one that is any good. The rest were crap. I didn't say IMO because that should have been obvious. What really made me hate FF was FFVII. Man it was horrible. All flash no substance. I shudder just thinking about it.

My only problem with FFX is that it was the worst game ever.

lars573 said:
Now granted I only have first hand experience with FF I, II, and VII. I saw a good deal of VIII and IX, and all of X. FFI was the only one that is any good. The rest were crap. I didn't say IMO because that should have been obvious. What really made me hate FF was FFVII. Man it was horrible. All flash no substance. I shudder just thinking about it.

there are probably like, 5 million people in the world that wold disagree with you, but... whatever. to each his own.

WhatsHisFace said:
My only problem with FFX is that it was the worst game ever.
It was a little bit better than "E.T. the extraterrestrial" for Atari 2600.

Mr. Credible said:
there are probably like, 5 million people in the world that wold disagree with you, but... whatever. to each his own.
Proving yet again that all style and no subtance will sell like mad if it's marketed well.

graphics look nice for ps2. rpgs are dumb for people who have way too much time.

Honestly guys. FF7 is one of the best RPGs of all time. Why all the hate? Because it's popular. Like I said, same thing happen with Halo. These games are so popular they people like to bash them for no reason.

lars573 said:
Proving yet again that all style and no subtance will sell like mad if it's marketed well.

like i said, if that's really the way you feel, that's fine, maybe RPG's aren't for you... but FFVII is arguably the best RPG, if not one of the best overall games ever. the game was both all style and all substance.

Zenien said:
7 has substance. :rolleyes:
No, it didn't. It had a cornball rice paper thin plot that made so little sense I was physically sick.

TheCardPlayer said:
Honestly guys. FF7 is one of the best RPGs of all time. Why all the hate? Because it's popular. Like I said, same thing happen with Halo. These games are so popular they people like to bash them for no reason.

Mr. Credible said:
like i said, if that's really the way you feel, that's fine, maybe RPG's aren't for you... but FFVII is arguably the best RPG, if not one of the best overall games ever. the game was both all style and all substance.

No it's one of the worst RPG's I played. I like RPG's, but most of the ones I own have either Bioware or Bethesda on the box. Japanese RPG's suck period, I never played one that was worth effort of destroying the disks. And I hate FF for actualy reasons other than it's popular. It's popularity just makes me feel pity for the fate of humanity that this crap sells so well.

lars573 said:
No, it didn't. It had a cornball rice paper thin plot that made so little sense I was physically sick.

No it's one of the worst RPG's I played. I like RPG's, but most of the ones I own have either Bioware or Bethesda on the box. Japanese RPG's suck period, I never played one that was worth effort of destroying the disks. And I hate FF for actualy reasons other than it's popular. It's popularity just makes me feel pity for the fate of humanity that this crap sells so well.

hm... so, you don't like the game. okay, i don't really care, that's your deal. but the fact that other people like it, this bothers you too?

do you know what that makes you?

Skaip said:
Final Fantasy has been slipping.
It has. FFX-2 and FFXI weren't games that were really worthy of being part of the legacy. They weren't up to scratch. Interesting diversions is all.

Clearly, however, FF is no longer slipped. Straight tens seems to suggest a pretty good return to form. I know I'll be investing, should it ever get to the UK.

lars573 said:
The rest were crap?

The vast amount of sales of the series show a hell of a lot of people disagree with you. They wouldn't be up to number twelve if people weren't still enjoying and buying the games.

Square Enix hasn't impressed me in a while but I am interested in Blue Dragon
worse move is giving the xeno franchise to namco

I miss Squaresoft:(

Mistwalker > Squarenix if you really want to play JRPGs, though you're better off with the real thing.

Released? Nothing. The head guy is the one that pretty much came up with final fantasy, and they've poached a lot of Square's upper talent among other studios.

Stephen said:
Released? Nothing. The head guy is the one that pretty much came up with final fantasy, and they've poached a lot of Square's upper talent among other studios.

so this company hasn't ever released a game, but somehow they're better than square-enix?

ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"