fan edited movies

I didn't want to start a new thread, which is why I dug this one up.

I was hoping the experts here would be able to clear something up for me.

I'm very very interested in getting my hands on "Titanic: The White Star Extended Edition" and "Pirates of the Caribbean – Extended Edition (The Spence Edit)"...however, I don't feel comfortable DL them.

I find the fanedit site to be very confusing and unclear in regards to how one would obtain a copy of these edits. Are there any other ways to get these edits besides DL them? (I looked in the FAQ and the message board there, but they didn't help at all, and I can't register-it doesn't work).

If DL really is the only option, could someone PM a SAFE site to do so one (I don't want a virus on my computer!)

Sorry if I seem like an idiot, this is new for me.

They are legal... you can only distribute them to people that own the original source material though.

I'm just finishing up my first big fan-edit: Star Wars: Renascent - The Clone Wars Narration.

It's at studio standards, in surround sound, proper NTSC framerate and dimensions, as well as a nice, interactive DVD menu and commentary track by me.

I really like the The Coming Storm fanedit of T3.

I wasn't worried about the legality of them (I thought I read that some studios are aware of them and don't see the harm in them), I'm worried about getting a virus on my computer if I DL them.

I've got to say, the fans that do these edits are wonderful for doing so-esp. when the studios never seem to get the hint!

What a weird phenomenon! A bit disrespectful actually....

Is the recut version of Batman & Robin any good? Is that possible?

It does exist. In which the movie is like 80 minutes so probably no. No matter how bad a movie is, you can't just chop that much off.

I've never thought of it as disrespectful, as I welcome making a movie better or seeing a "What if?" sort of thing. But I've looked at the list cuts of many of them, and they only seem to be done for persoanl fan desires that don't really serve much purpose for the film. Instead of just accepting and embracing some of the stuff, they take everything away. Take the Schumacher Batman films for example. I know there's a couple for BF that took away the score and replaced it with Elfman's which is wrong. Even thoguh Schumacher didn't do the best job, it's still a Joel Schumacher film. It's trying to be something it isn't, and in fact, it suffers instead of being better.

Now with the right footage and editing skills, you can make BF a better film. But embrace it as a Joel Schumacher film and keep the score and such. Because there's no point. Burton isn't directing, and Keaton is no longer Batman. Take out the stuff that has no purpose for the story. Like the stupid humor and the homosexual undertones of Riddler and Two-Face. But some stuff you can't jus get rid of all together.

BF was a wasted potential, because the cut footage was ****ing great and if they kept with the original scripts and cuts, it could have been a great film. Possibly better than even B89 and up there with BB and TDK. It had such a great basis and great ideas. Some of them survived, but it's ultimateld hackened and taken out completely to appeal to the kids.

Is the recut version of Batman & Robin any good? Is that possible?
I don't think so... but the The Red Book edition of Batman Forever makes the movie watchable/bearable. Recommended.

It's no means perfect; there's still some scenes I would have cut out, but it's a vast improvement over the theatrical cut.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"