World Fan-Made FINALE of SPIDER-MAN UNLIMITED!!!

SteelOsnick11

Civilian
Reaction score
I found a fan-made ending to Spider-Man Unlimited animated show from 1999 on YouTube that not only works in its own right as the finale to the series (23 years after the show was abruptly cancelled on a cliffhanger) with no holds barred approach to the narrative beats but also finds a way to put a brilliant spin & adapt such iconic Spidey storylines as Venom (specifically the end of ASM #299 with MJ's first horrific encounter with Venom), Kraven's Last Hunt, Maximum Carnage & Life Story.

Check it out, it's mind-blowingly good & the world should see this for sure. Feels like it was made as a labor of love for Spider-Man as a character across both the animation & comics mediums:

Felt like it was my duty to share this with everyone.

such an underrated series
Indeed & it's so refreshing to see such original daring takes on that particular world because I remember reading Larry Brody's outlines for Season 2 a few years ago (after not knowing for years what was planned by the crew of the show) & being really disappointed with the outcome: retreading the same ground, turning John Jameson into a coward that abandons Spidey on Counter Earth, Siamese Trio of Black Cats & then another big conflict happens that mirrors the one from E13 but the consequences were rather shallow...

So, this is an exceptional case where I actually prefer this YouTube take on the Unlimited finale because of how confident it is in taking matters seriously & addressing a lot of the things that made no sense in the actual cartoon (elevating Venom, Carnage, Mary Jane & especially Kraven to new heights that are deeply rooted in the lore that was established by David Michelinie, J. M. DeMatteis Todd McFarlane, was truly unexpected!) rather than the Meugniot/Brody ideas that left a lot to be desired.

Watching this ending felt like I was reading a late 80's/early 90's comic book about Spider-Man written & illustrated by the greats that know the Universe of Peter Parker & his friends/enemies from the inside out.

would have to give the show (or at least some of the later episodes a re-watch) to fully get all the references in that fan-made ending

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"