Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am i the only one who could change the name of the topic to Marvels Agents of SHIELD and not notice much diference in the kind of many of the complaints this movie is getting compared to that tv show? :woot:

Not a fan of that show. To try to compare the two mediums is not even remotely transitive. There are so many more barriers they are dealing with in the story telling on network television, not to mention budget.

Speaking of Agents of Shield, there will be an episode directly linked with the events of This movie.:D

Not a fan of that show. To try to compare the two mediums is not even remotely transitive. There are so many more barriers they are dealing with in the story telling on network television, not to mention budget.

Im just speaking about some of the complaints being very similar. Bad placed humor doesnt need a special budget. Never compared them.

I adore the show. But thats neither here nor there.

Hey guys I want this gif as my new avatar but when Iuploaded it, it's just a still pic and not a gif. Somebody help me out please? :(

48492.gif

I liked it way better than the original. I'm glad it embraced the true heights of a fantasy movie. Marvel obviously checked out a lot of the critiques on message boards from the first one.

I don't know why people said it was too funny. I thought the comedy ratio was just perfect. It said a lot about the characters and raised tension not just "time for a lol" like the first one.

Yep, very well done

Hey guys I want this gif as my new avatar but when Iuploaded it, it's just a still pic and not a gif. Somebody help me out please? :(

48492.gif

48492-lightning_zpsbc554986.gif

Here you are. It was too big.

For the next time: Please post your avatar request in the Official Avatar thread: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=393185

or especially for Thor related avatars here: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=456511

or write me a PM. :yay: I'll do my very best.

In another threads your request will be unnoticed possibly.

BTW: you can have an avvy 75x75.

48492-lightning_zpsbc554986.gif

Here you are. It was too big.

For the next time: Please post your avatar request in the Official Avatar thread: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=393185

or especially for Thor related avatars here: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=456511

or write me a PM. :yay: I'll do my very best.

In another threads your request will be unnoticed possibly.

BTW: you can have an avvy 75x75.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.:D I'll do that next time when I need a new Avatar. Thanks again. :)

I'm hoping thats the case with me, IM3 was the first MCU movie which got worse with more more viewings, and Thor 2 has similar problems to that movie, so I hope my Thor 2 rating doesnt go down with another viewing. Should be seeing it again this week sometime.

I'm starting to sweat because I'm with you when it comes to Iron Man Three.

Hope I don't have that reaction with The Dark World.

Finally seen the movie, and it was indeed better than the first. People saying that this film had too much comedy are crazy. There were not that many moments in the film. However, the only scenes I wish were removed were the ones after Frigga and Loki.

I will say this about the comedy, as much as I love Kat Dennings, she was borderline annoying at times in this film.

I will say this about the comedy, as much as I love Kat Dennings, she was borderline annoying at times in this film.

Don't say that. I liked her in the first. Didn't need to be in the film but I wasn't annoyed she was there. She had fun moments...but I could see why some might have a problem with her in that first film.

I hope they didn't overdue it.

Also, now that we know that this film is doing okay financially, I think Natalie Portman and Kat Dennings shouldn't be in the next one. IMO, a Thor film won't be truly great until they cut ties with all of the earth scenes.

Did anyone else love what they did with the end actor credits with the bit of animation adding the red, white and black to the pictures? I thought it was really effective.

Did anyone else love what they did with the end actor credits with the bit of animation adding the red, white and black to the pictures? I thought it was really effective.
I agree. The end credits since the first Thor are a beatuiful thing in the MCU.

This film is just not very good,but hey whatever. People will say it's a "fun" movie. So I guess that means it's good? This movie actually regressed from the 1st film. Yikes

I'm 29 so I'm not actually amused by an astrophysicist streaking near stonehenge, or saying that he concentrates better in his underwear.

However, there were a lot of kids in the movie theatres, boys aged 6-12. They found these scenes funny, as 04nbod says people laughed in the theatre when there was the streaking near stonehenge, the same way I liked the Spawn movie when I was 13, I remember liking it a lot, it also has an underwear scene. There is something to be said for a movie that connects to boys aged 6-12, and yes that does make it a good movie in a very real sense. It's very important to appeal to kids, it's a big deal.

Last edited:
Making issue with accents and Thor's voice? Really?
I had trouble following Thor's dialogue. In contrast to Rush (another movie with the same actor this year), where Hemsworth isn't making a stupid voice and I could understand everything he said, I would have benefited from subtitles. It's the first time I've ever had trouble following a lead actor's speaking in a comic book movie.

You don't even know the name of the villain.:whatever:
The villain was poorly developed, I'm pretty sure he had less screen time than Loki.

Those of us who have not heard of him prior to watching this movie are unlikely to remember him down the road. He is not like the Joker or Loki or Bane. He's more like parallax in the green lantern movie.

Overall I thought Darcy was one of the better parts of the movie.

Last edited:
The villain was poorly developed, I'm pretty sure he had less screen time than Loki.

Those of us who have not heard of him prior to watching this movie are unlikely to remember him down the road. He is not like the Joker or Loki or Bane. He's more like parallax in the green lantern movie.

I'll agree that he was a bit underdeveloped but he far from parallex from Green lantern, that's an exagerration. I actually strongly disagree with that.

I had trouble following Thor's dialogue. In contrast to Rush (another movie with the same actor this year), where Hemsworth isn't making a stupid voice and I could understand everything he said, I would have benefited from subtitles. It's the first time I've ever had trouble following a lead actor's speaking in a comic book movie.

I really liked Rush but Hemsworth's accent there was all over the shop. I had no problem at all understanding him in TDW and not quite sure how you considered his TDW voice stupid if you had no problems with his Rush accent.

He's more like parallax in the green lantern movie.
I'm sorry, but that is absolutely BS. Now, if you've said Nero in ST or Laufey in Thor, yes, I had agreed with you, but he is far more developed than the galactic fart cloud.

I'm sorry, but that is absolutely BS. Now, if you've said Nero in ST or Laufey in Thor, yes, I had agreed with you, but he is far more developed than the galactic fart cloud.

true.. i am surprised the poster could remember parallax cloud over malekith and dark elves (not dark angels)

More like a diarrhea cloud.:o

true.. i am surprised the poster could remember parallax cloud over malekith and dark elves (not dark angels)

:funny: It's baffling isn't it?

Hmm, it was OK. I wouldn't say the humor was too much but just misplaced. I loved the first Thor as one of the few. It had a lot of heart and I liked that. This movie showed more of Asgard but it wasn't exciting enough because of the misplaced humor. When the stakes are high and the fate of the universe depends on it I don't appreciate the joking.

Gonna catch a lot of flack for this but I would say that the superhero movie to ironically have the best use of humor is the Dark Knight trilogy. Fancy that, dark, brooding Batman does humor the best.

Finally seen the movie, and it was indeed better than the first. People saying that this film had too much comedy are crazy. There were not that many moments in the film. However, the only scenes I wish were removed were the ones after Frigga and Loki.

IA completely. I just saw it and I don't think the audience I was with laughed out loud more than 5-6 times.

I do think editing is a problem and the movie could have used a good 15-20 more minutes. Sif and TW3 were shown more and in a tougher light in the first film IMO. This one they seriously could have been just guards and the same purpose would have been served.

I do think the only time Loki is ever 100% honest is when he's talking to Odin.

I knew in the first scenes they shared, when Loki was in chains that his biggest problem is Thor being king. He is riddled with jealousy. He even mentions something about what he could so with Thor's blood in his veins. Although I was spoiled with his fake death, you could see a mile away what his ultimate goal was/is. He wants a throne but even more than that, he wants Thor NOT to have it.

I only remember parallax because after watching the green lantern I spent time on wikipedia and elsewhere wondering how such a terrible movie could be made. Otherwise I would not remember him. I can't remember the name of the ugly guy from that movie who was the secondary villain.

Similarly, I only remember Red Skull because I already knew the character from the brilliant 1990s spider man cartoon.

Malakeith and the dark elves were very poorly developed in Thor 2, I can't expect many people remembering them unless they are already familiar with the mythology.

Last edited:
Gonna catch a lot of flack for this but I would say that the superhero movie to ironically have the best use of humor is the Dark Knight trilogy. Fancy that, dark, brooding Batman does humor the best.
I agree.

In the third batman movie, the dark knight rises, when batman speaks to catwoman on top of a roof, she disappears and he can't find her, and then he says in his batman voice "so that's what that feels like". It is the funniest line in any comic book movie for me. It's an earned joke and it fits the scene rather than taking away from it.

There were a few funny moments in Thor 2. I liked a lot of the banter between Loki and Thor when they were escaping from Asgard. It made sense that Loki would trash talk in that situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"