Fant4stic: Reborn! - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it's nuts. Even I agree there. It's just so much crap is getting thrown out everywhere about this. But people run with it and it just adds to, fine not hate but negativity. Is that a better word for everyone?

Lol I don't know I'm just trying to say that it gets out of hand and it's hard to get back on track. There's not much else that can be said now until the movie. But let's all just relax a little.

More accurate. And unless someone's paying you to be his defense then why be so defensive anyway? Josh wasn't ready.. Fox did him a injustice because they didn't hire him based on talent alone. It seems to me they hired for the low cost and hoped his talent would make a decent profitable yet low budget film like he did with Chronicle.. But the FF isn't Chronicle. The FF should be FANTASTIC!!! And there's no way to make a FF movie that anybody wants to see on a Low Budget mark... Josh should've know what we knew.. This movie is nothing more then a rights grasp.. But he didn't and he do himself any favors by reacting like he has...

I wish I was getting paid lol. No I'm just a more wait and see kind of guy. I'll make my mind up after I watch the movie.

The problem with this forum has never been the positive or the negative posters in general. Instead it has been with small but vocal groups of head-in-the-sand posters, either those who are negative simply because they want Marvel to get the rights back, or those who think Fox and Trank can do no wrong no matter what bad news comes out about this film.

The Phantasm said:
Also, IMO... if you are looking forward to the film, feel positive about it, more power to you. I've never really been critical of that viewpoint. I have been critical of the sort of head-in-the-sand positivity that thinks Fox and Trank can do no wrong, rumors and recent news be damned. But I criticize that sort of blind positivity in the Marvel and WB forums too, its never been something that I've leveled against just this film.

This right here :up:
I, nor anybody else, have no problems with people genuinely excited for this movie. As a big FF fan I wish I could share in that. However, I do take umbrage with people who are going to argue that everything is fine and the rumors are/were overblown, because clearly they were wrong yet they still continue to insist that things aren't as bad as they seem.

Well were there's smoke there fire. I'm actually surprised that people actually think Trank didn't get fired from Star Wars.

The problem with this forum has never been the positive or the negative posters in general. Instead it has been with small but vocal groups of head-in-the-sand posters, either those who are negative simply because they want Marvel to get the rights back, or those who think Fox and Trank can do no wrong no matter what bad news comes out about this film.
Yes true. My posts about Fox and Trank aren't to defend them like they've done no wrong. I know the many mistakes Fox have made. And I'm sure they still will make in the future. I'm just willing to not follow every bit of dribble that comes out of the HWood Reporter too.

To Be honest.. I can't wait for this movie to come out!!! I want to see if it sinks or swims.. The questions of "Do The Fans Matter"? and "Can The Marvel Logo sell itself in the Box Office"? will be answered. If the fans hate it will the GA still come??

NEWS AT 08/07/15!!!

Edit: All this is pre-game chatter and analysis on the out come.. Negative or Positive

To Be honest.. I can't wait for this movie to come out!!! I want to see if it sinks or swims.. The questions of "Do The Fans Matter"? and "Can The Marvel Logo sell itself in the Box Office"? will be answered. If the fans hate it will the GA still come??

NEWS AT 08/07/15!!!

I think we can all agree on that. I have no doubt that, come August, it will be very very interesting around these parts.
I don't plan on seeing the movie opening weekend but if buzz is good, I might go.

Good point Flint. If it gets good reviews and the general vibe off everyone is they like it. Will people who originally not going to see it, go and see it?

I think we can all agree on that. I have no doubt that, come August, it will be very very interesting around these parts.
I don't plan on seeing the movie opening weekend but if buzz is good, I might go.

I doubt I actually see it in the Movies.. Too interested in MI:5 and Straight Outta Compton.. But I'll be watching those #'s

Good point Flint. If it gets good reviews and the general vibe off everyone is they like it. Will people who originally not going to see it, go and see it?

It all depends on what I hear. If I hear it's good, but in a muted sort of way, I'll probably just wait till its on Redbox. But if the WOM is red hot, for both the GA and the fanboys, then my interest will surely be peaked and I'll probably cave.
Now, will I buy a ticket for the movie? That's another question entirely, I'm not sure I want Fox to make a penny off of me from this. But I just might wind up in theaters. Who knows.
I doubt I actually see it in the Movies.. Too interested in MI:5 and Straight Outta Compton.. But I'll be watching those #'s

I've never cared about the MI movies, but I'm an N.W.A. fan so I'll see Straight Outta Compton on opening weekend.

Well were there's smoke there fire. I'm actually surprised that people actually think Trank didn't get fired from Star Wars.

I pay attention to the smoke and just not wish that the fire won't exist.. Movies tell you what they are and what they aren't.. Its gullible to think otherwise..

I can tell what this movie is not.. A movie about Fantastic Four.. It might be based on them but it aint them.. (At least to me... And them!!)

Only other summer movies i am going to see are FF and Mission Impossible.

No love for Jurassic world? That's easily my most anticipated after Ant-man.

I only go to so many films per year at the theater, and DBZ will be getting my money in August. Good reviews would certainly help my odds of renting FF, though.

I only go to so many films per year at the theater, and DBZ will be getting my money in August. Good reviews would certainly help my odds of renting FF, though.

like button pressed..

If Trank and Kinberg pull off a miracle and this film actually gets great reviews, I'm sure I'll catch it eventually but not in theaters. Either on cable or Netflix or Redbox with a coupon. If its reviews are middling, I don't care to ever see it. I don't trust critics or anybody else. I trust my own judgement. Fox sent all the wrong messages with this film and it's too late for them to win my movie ticket purchase now - or my family's. If it turns out when I watch it down the road that the film is everything I could ever hope it to be then hey I'll catch the sequel in theaters. But this film will absolutely not get a dime from me. That was cemented the day MBJ said "they'll go see it anyway". Such a *****e statement.

I judge things for my self so I will likely see it on RedBox. Even if I hear its bad on all levels I have to witness it myself. Then I will bash the hell out of it.

But your the blind marvel loyalists he was also talking about

Most of the people trashing this film are doing so because what they're doing is legitimately bad wrong. It's FAR more than us/them wanting the rights back.

Sure, there are SOME who think like that. Just like their are supporters who are only supporting it because its Fox, and they prefer their films. Particularly, the X-films.

But don't mistake that small group's mindset for being the general mindset of the detractors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"