hulmeisthejoker.jpg

This would be a better one
052503_lachyx.jpg

Keyser Sushi said:
Funny part is, this is on-topic in here, so nobody can complain:

Bettany_Joker_New.jpg

BETTANY, DAMMIT!!!

BETTANY ALL THE WAY, BABY!

This manip has me sold. I've seen Bettant act in Master & Commander, I plan on seeing The Da Vinci Code, and if I happen to find it on American soil, I might check out Gangster No. 1.

Hulme? Forget him. So what if Nolan wants him. Nolan wanted Katie Holmes, too.

As a sidenote, someone NEEDS to manip this pic of Bettany. It screams Joker to me.

Paul-Bettany-001.jpg

StorminNorman said:
Why the Hell is there manips of Hulme in a Paul Bettany topic?!

Is nothing sacred to you Hulme pushers! Can you please control your Hulme hard-ons, cus I don't want to hear it! You know what, I'm going to open a "Fantastic fan art of Hulme as Joker" topic and fill it with Bettany pics, thousands of Bettany pics, so many, in many in fact, it'll a thirteen-year-old girls bedroom who has the hots for him. It'll the Noah's flood of Bettany images, With me and the Hulme believers safely in the ark of faith, while the non-belivers drown in the cold, yet sexy, depths of Paul Bettany! :D :down

Too late! All you gottam Bettany-lovers have already all-but-flooded that thread w/ proposterous Bettany-pushing! :D

DCW said:
I'd be crushed if Bettany didn't get the roll. :down :(

Someone had posted larger pics of those manips a few months ago and before them I was real skeptical of him being Joker but after seeing them I was convinced he would nail the part and he should be offered the role. **** a Lacy Hulme he looks like the most non-emotional Joker

Bettany is an incredible actor and his performance in Gangster No.1 was chilling. As far as both acting and looks are concerned, he is my third favourite for the role of The Joker. My first is Christopher Eccleston (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9Op6aXXQkg&search=christopher eccleston for an example of his manic acting) and second is Lachy Hulme whose work I'm a huge fan of. Given the actors rumoured for the part, I think we can't lose.

Keyser Sushi said:
Funny part is, this is on-topic in here, so nobody can complain:

Bettany_Joker_New.jpg

BETTANY, DAMMIT!!!

:eek::up:

I want a new Batman film right now :(

Super_Ludacris said:
Someone had posted larger pics of those manips a few months ago and before them I was real skeptical of him being Joker but after seeing them I was convinced he would nail the part and he should be offered the role. **** a Lacy Hulme he looks like the most non-emotional Joker

i like the manip on the top...

That crazy Norm.

I'd like that pic a tad better if the little bit of the hood thats still there was brushed out and his shirt was different. Otherwise 'tis spectacular.

Sadly I do not have the programs or no how to fix it. I love the pic anyways...but those suggestions would make it flawless.

This is what I guess you'd call a trip-manip

bettanyjoker1wo.jpg

Mr. Socko said:
You are really taking this too far.

Just a wee bit - however look at the SCREEN CAP page on the Community Forum - look at how many XIII back grounds there are. I have no regrets... Anyways it just for the weekend, come Monday it will be Georgia Bulldog Black and Red once again.

Ronny Shade said:
That crazy Norm.

I'd like that pic a tad better if the little bit of the hood thats still there was brushed out and his shirt was different. Otherwise 'tis spectacular.

I tried to turn that hood into a jacket collar. We know he isn't gonna be wearing a purple suit in the movie so I figured I'd go with what was there. The idea is it's just some weird jacket.

But, your way works, too. :up:

WTF, how do we know he's not going to wear a purple suit in the movie!? Don't get my hopes up!!!

Mr. Socko said:
WTF, how do we know he's not going to wear a purple suit in the movie!? Don't get my hopes up!!!

Because at BOF, it was reported that Joker woudn't have his usual threads in this movie... and while that doesn't make it 100% a guarantee, Jett has a pretty good track record. It sounds like Joker will have a somewhat different look. I'm betting it will still be a very unusual and dramatic look, but not the usual one for him.

VADER: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

They better make up for this in some kind of way.

I really ****ing hope he's not in a damn str8 jacket the whole time.

Or in the clothes that he wears in The Batman cartoon. God forbid!

Damn it. He better have a purple suit.

Or at least some kinda fancy clothes.

I dont think a Purple Suit is a requirment - however he does need to change clothes. I would love a Black Suit with Purple Tie though.

EVERY medium of The Joker ever created has had him wear some kind of purple. It will suck horribly if The Joker is not flamboyant and is dark and wears a black trenchcoat the entire time with black hair and only pale skin. DAMN DAMN DAMN!

Just went to BOF and it looks like they're leading more towards Hulme for the role of Joker.

Well, we've had this discussion a bunch of times before, and here's my official position on it:

When Joker was created in the 40's, the tailcoat and the spats and the pinstriped trousers were certainly a somewhat outdated look, but they were much more common then than as formal attire than they are now. It was sort of establishing Joker as foppish. The other thing is that, while they were purple, this was in a time when a comic book had literally six colors. So we maybe shouldn't attach any more importance to a purple suit than we do Batman wearing blue and grey.

The main thing about Joker's clothes is that they are unusual enough to make him stand out. They don't have to be purple and orange, and they don't have to be formal attire.

Also, the cartoony color scheme just would not fit the Nolan Batverse. Joker's appearance needs to be realistically flamboyant, not cartoony flamboyant. I think as long as he dresses flamboyantly, it doesn't matter what he's wearing.

EDIT: It should be noted that they did not rule out the possibility that he will wear purple in some form.

Mr. Socko said:
EVERY medium of The Joker ever created has had him wear some kind of purple. It will suck horribly if The Joker is not flamboyant and is dark and wears a black trenchcoat the entire time with black hair and only pale skin. DAMN DAMN DAMN!

Just went to BOF and it looks like they're leading more towards Hulme for the role of Joker.

The Joker will have Green Hair and what not - however the suit does not make the Joker IMO. Look at Alan Ross - his Joker was perfectly creepy sans Purple Suit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"