Fantastic Four 2: Production Update(s)

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Well in my experience it is poorly thought of. Look on various web-sites that have customer reviews and they are less than average, Amazon, IDMB. While this doesnt prove my statement about the world not liking, it gives a lot of evidence towards it. IMO if it wasnt for children, this movie would have bombed.

And WTF i need to get out more, dude i go out more than most people eat, so dont make assumptions.

i have to disagree w/ you on imdb...the 6.4 rating is misleading, most of the written critiques by fans are positive....it doesn't prove your statement because the internet is not the world...it may be to you...but to the mainstream audience its not....your statement that worldwide its thought poorly of is an extreme assumption....so you may have 3 fingers pointing back at you as you point one at Frankie....:)

JMAfan said:
i have to disagree w/ you on imdb...the 6.4 rating is misleading, most of the written critiques by fans are positive....it doesn't prove your statement because the internet is not the world...it may be to you...but to the mainstream audience its not....your statement that worldwide its thought poorly of is an extreme assumption....so you may have 3 fingers pointing back at you as you point one at Frankie....:)

I know the Internet is not the world JMA, but it speaks for a lot of people. For instance, I love the Hulk movie, but the majority of the people on the Internet do not, and most casual movie goers i know didnt like it as well, so while the Internet is not the world, it can speak on behalf of it.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
I know the Internet is not the world JMA, but it speaks for a lot of people. For instance, I love the Hulk movie, but the majority of the people on the Internet do not, and most casual movie goers i know didnt like it as well, so while the Internet is not the world, it can speak on behalf of it.

No, it can't.....no one can speak on behalf of the world....I'm sorry Ave...but your generalizations are getting bigger and bigger....and look at what you just typed...you contradicted yourself....the majority of the people that saw the movie, are not a part of the internet in the way that you and others on other sites are....they just aren't....so NO, the internet cannot speak for the world...thats just absurd to even think.

I'm debating in defense of this movie....I'm debating in defense of rational thinking...

JMAfan said:
No, it can't.....no one can speak on behalf of the world....I'm sorry Ave...but your generalizations are getting bigger and bigger....and look at what you just typed...you contradicted yourself....the majority of the people that saw the movie, are not a part of the internet in the way that you and others on other sites are....they just aren't....so NO, the internet cannot speak for the world...thats just absurd to even think.

I'm debating in defense of this movie....I'm debating in defense of rational thinking...

Well i'm just talking about my experiences and what i know of the world, dont see how i contradicted myself there JMA but hey, it doesnt matter does it. Most people in Europe, Australia and America have access to the Internet as far as i know, and most of those people enjoy going to the movies, and expressing their views of it.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Well i'm just talking about my experiences and what i know of the world, dont see how i contradicted myself there JMA but hey, it doesnt matter does it. Most people in Europe, Australia and America have access to the Internet as far as i know, and most of those people enjoy going to the movies, and expressing their views of it.

You contradicted yourself by first saying that the internet doesn't speak for the world and that you know that....then your last sentence said it does speak for the world....thats a contradiction. You said that the internet is not the world, yet it can speak for it???? No Ave, most may have some type of access, but do not spend the time on the internet that you do....access and time spent on sites such as this are totally different...nor do 1,000's of people on a poll....a poll that you can usually vote on several times does not speak for millions...

And you left out Central America, with Mexico one of the largest viewers of the movie, as well as South America...and Japan...where it did very well....the only objective thing we truly have to look at is the BO...it did very, very well Worldwide for a first outing of an unknown entity...NO that does not speak to quality....but it does speak to the amount of people that saw it, majority of which probably did not go on a poll or type a critique of the movie on Amazon, or imdb....and actually after looking over Amazon over 70% of those gave it at least or more than 3 out 5 stars...on IMDB 256 out of 838 "hated it"...546 out of 838 "loved it" with 36 not giving a rating...but again I don't look at that as an overwhelming people liked it because they do not speak for the world...
If you want to speak of your friends, your neighborhood, what you have seen on the internet and make your assumption....fine.....go for it....but do not assume that the majority of the world thinks the same way....YOU CANNOT quantify nor justify it no matter how hard you try...or how many times you say it....it can't be done.....speak to your opinion thats cool....we probably agree on several things....but to speak of the world by a few opinions in reference to the amount of people who actually saw the movie is just not rational.

I apologize that this looks like overkill, but I think one of my biggest pet peeves is "over generalizations"....

Well, i can speak for the whole world when i say FF was underpar.;)

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Well, i can speak for the whole world when i say FF was underpar.;)

You don't speak for me. It could have been better of course and did it have flaws yes. But it was watchable and decent.

RedIsNotBlue said:
You don't speak for me. It could have been better of course and did it have flaws yes. But it was watchable and decent.

Agreed...

And you are both satisfied with decent, no wonder Fox continue to destroy their franchises.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
And you are both satisfied with decent, no wonder Fox continue to destroy their franchises.

Never once have I said that I was satisfied with anything.....I want the very best they can give us.....DID I enjoy what I saw on the screen....YES....was I unhappy with what I didn't see and knew could have been there.....YES .... was I unhappy with what I didn't see and should have been there.....YES.....

I don't disagree with you on my unhappiness of the movie.....I disagree that we have any idea what the consensus of the world is on the movie....and if you are primarily going from Amazon and Imdb...you're wrong....plain and simple according to the #'s....and the #'s are there....

So according to the 2 sources you gave....your assumption is wrong....
BUT the thing is thats fine.....I don't see those 2 sources as the way to gauge the majority view anyway....theres no way to gauge the majority view....there is a way to gauge the majority in your world of influence....and your assumption is people did not like the movie....thats fine.....in my world of influence I'm the one that was not happy with the movie...others enjoyed very much....but the world as a whole cannot be gauged by a few or by just looking at our social groups....never can, never will....I see very definitely that just because I didn't like all that I saw, others in my social group did very much. I'm not going to invalidate their opinions because they are not my own...nor am I going to say because the majority of my friends loved it, the world must have loved it too....thats just not true....

ALSO, am I going to allow myself and my opinions to take me into the black hole of not liking the sequel because I'm going to pick the first movie apart so much that I end up forgetting what I did enjoy. NO, I don't work that way....I'm going to focus on what I enjoyed, and hope that what I didn't is improved upon for the sequel and go from there.

JMAfan said:
Never once have I said that I was satisfied with anything.....I want the very best they can give us.....DID I enjoy what I saw on the screen....YES....was I unhappy with what I didn't see and knew could have been there.....YES .... was I unhappy with what I didn't see and should have been there.....YES.....

I don't disagree with you on my unhappiness of the movie.....I disagree that we have any idea what the consensus of the world is on the movie....and if you are primarily going from Amazon and Imdb...you're wrong....plain and simple according to the #'s....and the #'s are there....

So according to the 2 sources you gave....your assumption is wrong....
BUT the thing is thats fine.....I don't see those 2 sources as the way to gauge the majority view anyway....theres no way to gauge the majority view....there is a way to gauge the majority in your world of influence....and your assumption is people did not like the movie....thats fine.....in my world of influence I'm the one that was not happy with the movie...others enjoyed very much....but the world as a whole cannot be gauged by a few or by just looking at our social groups....never can, never will....I see very definitely that just because I didn't like all that I saw, others in my social group did very much. I'm not going to invalidate their opinions because they are not my own...nor am I going to say because the majority of my friends loved it, the world must have loved it too....thats just not true....

ALSO, am I going to allow myself and my opinions to take me into the black hole of not liking the sequel because I'm going to pick the first movie apart so much that I end up forgetting what I did enjoy. NO, I don't work that way....I'm going to focus on what I enjoyed, and hope that what I didn't is improved upon for the sequel and go from there.

I think he dislikes the movie so much that he refuses to believe anyone else could like. Because what he thinks goes you know? :rolleyes: Just give it up he obviously can't deal with people enjoying a movie he doesn't like. It is partly our fault that the movie wasn't as enjoyable because FOX barraged us with info, footage, pics, etc. and we just took it and spoiled ourselves because its impossible to resist. Hopefully FOX will keep the sequel production under wraps more.

just to chime in imdb isn't the best place to find a opinion about a movie.

they trash about every single novie on there no matter what it is.

so i wouldn't take there opinion at all.

RedIsNotBlue said:
I think he dislikes the movie so much that he refuses to believe anyone else could like. Because what he thinks goes you know? :rolleyes: Just give it up he obviously can't deal with people enjoying a movie he doesn't like. It is partly our fault that the movie wasn't as enjoyable because FOX barraged us with info, footage, pics, etc. and we just took it and spoiled ourselves because its impossible to resist. Hopefully FOX will keep the sequel production under wraps more.
yes i totally agree witgh you on the first part about him not liking it and how others could.

J Alba's Lover said:
just to chime in imdb isn't the best place to find a opinion about a movie.

they trash about every single novie on there no matter what it is.

so i wouldn't take there opinion at all.

Did you see the numbers I posted ...???

almost 2x as many loved it as hated it....

RedIsNotBlue said:

I totally agree, but its more than just partly my fault....its hugely my fault...and I don't plan on making the same mistake again...:o

J Alba's Lover said:
i meant on the message boards.

Well more than 50% of the people on those boards are trolls and the moderators do nothing.....thats why I no longer post on those boards...

JMAfan said:
Well more than 50% of the people on those boards are trolls and the moderators do nothing.....thats why I no longer post on those boards...
i was talking about the imdb fantastic four boards. but yeah your right and theres more trolls on the imdbv boards especally the jess board's.

sanitized.jpg

J Alba's Lover said:
i was talking about the imdb fantastic four boards. but yeah your right and theres more trolls on the imdbv boards especally the jess board's.

Anyone spending time on those boards these days are losing brain cells at an astronomical rate of death....:o

JMAfan said:
Anyone spending time on those boards these days are losing brain cells at an astronomical rate of death....:o
i guess that explains me of late.

RedIsNotBlue said:

I dont dislike the movie that much RINB, i just fume when i think how much better it could and should have been. And i have no problem with other people liking the movie, but sometimes i get the feeling on these boards that people like the movie a lot less than they claim to on these boards. SOME people stick up for the movie a lot more than they should. But my last 4 or 5 posts have just been winding up JMA, i thought her and anyone else would have cottoned onto that.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
I dont dislike the movie that much RINB, i just fume when i think how much better it could and should have been. And i have no problem with other people liking the movie, but sometimes i get the feeling on these boards that people like the movie a lot less than they claim to on these boards. SOME people stick up for the movie a lot more than they should. But my last 4 or 5 posts have just been winding up JMA, i thought her and anyone else would have cottoned onto that.

Well the only person I see doing that here is Thing. Me and JMA recognize the flaws of the film but we still enjoyed it for what it was that is all we are saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"