Fantastic Four General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

Peter Jackson banned from working with New Line - Wikinews, the free news source

Movie studio company, New Line Cinema has announced that movie director Peter Jackson will never be allowed to work on another New Line film. This announcement will also mean that Mr Jackson will not be allowed to film the prequel titled The Hobbit to The Lord of the Rings films he directed.

The announcement was made mainly because New Zealander Mr Jackson and his partner, Fran Walsh, filed a law suit against New Line in 2005

ok but Peter Jackson has a reputation in Hollywood that rivals Spielberg and Lucas - directors carry a lot of clout. unlike actors who are seen as disposable.

Happy 60th anniversary to Marvel’s premiere superhero team!

FF1.jpg

Created as a response to the popularity of Justice League of America, the F4, while no longer the most popular Marvel property they’re arguably the most important historically as it really can’t be overstated how much we know and love about Marvel was born in the pages of F4; ranging from stuff like Galactus, Skrulls, Inhumans, Dr. Doom, Silver Surfer, and the first Black superhero - King T’Challa made his debut in Fantastic Four. For my money, Fantastic Four #1 belongs in the same conversation as the Action Comics #1 for the most important comic book of all time. While Action Comics # 1 started the modern superhero genre, the Fantastic Four #1 arguably saved it. When the F4 debuted 60 years ago the genre creatively stagnated. Superheroes were mostly these personality-less do gooders without a hint of relatable problems. Stan Lee almost quit comics but thanks to his wife Joan Lee’s advice and together with Jack Kirby, Stan Lee created superheroes more to his liking and thus history was made! And the genre was creatively revitalized leading to the creation of many iconic superheroes we know and love today.

So even if the F4 isn’t one of your favorites, I’m willing to bet that 95% of your favorites wouldn’t exist without them. Whether that be Spider-Man, Hulk, X-Men, Iron Man, they’re all creatively descended from them. They in fact started what would later be called the “Marvel Method” which is defined as making superheroes more realistic than those square jawed goody two shoes at DC comics who always seem to get along and never had human problems. The Fantastic Four served as a prototype to this method as superheroes with relatable issues were unheard of at the time. While the Justice League got along with no problems whatsoever, the Four were far from a functional team unit. They bickered with each other, they each had personal flaws - Reed was haunted by the guilt over inadvertently turning his friend Ben Grimm into a monster, Ben Grimm was burdened with his freakish and inhuman appearance, Johnny was a immature hothead, Sue had insecurity issues.

What’s so great about those early F4 run is that it was pretty versatile in terms of scope. It could tell stories as epic and grand as “The Coming Of Galactus” but also tell stories as small and intimate as “This Man! This Monster!” This team laid the groundwork for so much. Due to their place in history and how vital they are to the creation of Marvel as well as the superhero genre as we know it they are not just the most important Marvel team ever, but the most important superhero team period(sorry X-Men).

But for such an important team that was one time Marvel’s flagship title it’s a bit sad that the F4 nowadays has been overshadowed in popularity by their brethren. A large part of that has to do with F4 just not having a quality movie big screen movie adaption. While many of their Marvel descendants like Iron Man, Spider-Man, X-Men, and even weirdly enough Ant-Man has had good big screen representations; the F4 in contrast have no such luck. Whether it be the campy low-budget Roger Corman movie, to the uninspired dullness of the Tim Story duology, to the joyless disaster that was the Trank film - the team has had a real rough ride cinematically.

Now that Marvel has the film rights back to the team, we may see a good movie version that finally does justice to what Stan and Jack created 60 years ago. Though even if the Fantastic Four never gets a good movie, it will never diminish their place in the annals of comics history as Marvel’s premiere superhero team. Happy 60th anniversary First Family!

I love the corny dialogue on some of these old covers. I wish Marvel would hurry the Fup and get us some news we can sink our teeth into.

I am looking forward to the Fantastic Four because they will bring into the MCU a diverse set of powers, some of whom we've never really seen in the MCU. Sue is invisible, which is a power I don't think we've seen in the MCU at this point.

I am looking forward to the Fantastic Four because they will bring into the MCU a diverse set of powers, some of whom we've never really seen in the MCU. Sue is invisible, which is a power I don't think we've seen in the MCU at this point.

Actual “Superpowers” are still somewhat rare in the MCU. Iron-man, Falcon, Ant-Man and War Machine all use technology. Take away their suits and they’re basically powerless.

Cap and Bucky are “enhanced” but not really super-powered. Dr. Strange uses spells.

Four characters with real, interesting super-powers will be unique in the MCU.

We haven't seen someone stretch or burst into flames and fly either.:cwink:

Actual “Superpowers” are still somewhat rare in the MCU. Iron-man, Falcon, Ant-Man and War Machine all use technology. Take away their suits and they’re basically powerless.

Cap and Bucky are “enhanced” but not really super-powered. Dr. Strange uses spells.

X-Men will follow that. Looks like it's going to be more of a trend post Fox ownership.

Which makes me wonder......how come Doom is such a bad ash? He doesn't really have any superpowers that I can remember.

EDIT: Unless being in an explosion gives you powers. :funny:

I hope the rumors I hear about She Hulk are not true. The MCU doesn't need 5-6 Hulks. 2 at most will be fine. At least Abomination has a different look compared to the Hulk. I don't want Betty Ross as Red She Hulk. If she is to change, it should be Harpy or Red Harpy. I don't need Thunderbolt Ross to be Red Hulk. Skaar doesn't need to be in the MCU and neither does Amadeus Cho unless the MCU versions are completely different than the Hulk and She Hulk. That is what I am talking about. I don't mind having two Rock (not the actor) type characters in the MCU in Ben Grimm and Korg so long as Grimm has a unique look and is different compared to Korg. That is what I am talking about.

I am also hoping that Monica has different set of powers than Carol Danvers. So far it looks like that will be the case. I hope they don't remove Kamala's stretchy powers and any blasts supplement her stretchy powers rather than replace it. It makes her different than Monica and Carol and also different from Reed Richards because she also has blasts.

X-Men will follow that. Looks like it's going to be more of a trend post Fox ownership.

Which makes me wonder......how come Doom is such a bad ash? He doesn't really have any superpowers that I can remember.

EDIT: Unless being in an explosion gives you powers. :funny:

One could argue that Reed is the most powerful member of the FF - not because of his physical abilities, but because of his brain.

And Doom channels his brain into his armor, so his physical capabilities are unlimited.

Iron Man certainly isn’t a weak character just because he doesn’t have organic “Superpowers”.

… plus Doombots.:ebr:

Last edited:
I hope the rumors I hear about She Hulk are not true. The MCU doesn't need 5-6 Hulks. 2 at most will be fine. At least Abomination has a different look compared to the Hulk. I don't want Betty Ross as Red She Hulk. If she is to change, it should be Harpy or Red Harpy. I don't need Thunderbolt Ross to be Red Hulk. Skaar doesn't need to be in the MCU and neither does Amadeus Cho unless the MCU versions are completely different than the Hulk and She Hulk. That is what I am talking about. I don't mind having two Rock (not the actor) type characters in the MCU in Ben Grimm and Korg so long as Grimm has a unique look and is different compared to Korg. That is what I am talking about.

I am also hoping that Monica has different set of powers than Carol Danvers. So far it looks like that will be the case. I hope they don't remove Kamala's stretchy powers and any blasts supplement her stretchy powers rather than replace it. It makes her different than Monica and Carol and also different from Reed Richards because she also has blasts.

I’m afraid I haven’t followed. What are the SheHulk rumors?

I am frustrated that I don’t feel like we’ve seen enough of Regular Hulk yet.

I’m afraid I haven’t followed. What are the SheHulk rumors?

I am frustrated that I don’t feel like we’ve seen enough of Regular Hulk yet.

The She Hulk Rumors based of questionable sources like Illuminerdi and We Got This Covered:

- Thaddeus Ross returns but becomes Red Hulk.
- Betty Ross returns. The rumors do not state if she's going to be Red She Hulk or Harpy or if she remains human
- Skaar shows up.

The She Hulk Rumors based of questionable sources like Illuminerdi and We Got This Covered:

- Betty Ross returns. The rumors do not state if she's going to be Red She Hulk or Harpy or if she remains human
- Skaar shows up.

those kinds of ideas are what i expect from DC not Marvel lol

- Skaar shows up.

Thanks!

I’m highly skeptical but I appreciate you filling me in.

Spider-Man fans think they have it bad waiting for a trailer but it’s nothing compared to us FF fans waiting for any news since December. It feels like an eternity since we last heard of any concrete F4 news. I hope we get news of writers soon at least.

Spider-Man fans think they have it bad waiting for a trailer but it’s nothing compared to us FF fans waiting for any news since December. It feels like an eternity since we last heard of any concrete F4 news. I hope we get news of writers soon at least.

i could care less who the writers are. I just want to know the main 4 cast. any one of the four.

I just want a tidbit here and a tidbit there to confirm things are moving forward.

We’re currently expecting a 2023 release, but that’s starting to feel hard to believe with the complete silence.

Yeah......just give me SOMETHING......

I wonder if Marvel is just letting this build for PR reasons and we're the victims. LOL.

We should hear something within the next 3 months. We have a date. November.
The Biggest Disney Fan Event of the year is coming November 19-21, 2021! Join D23: The Official Disney Fan Club as we celebrate 50 years of the Walt Disney World Resort and more! Be the first to hear exciting announcements and see sneak peeks from the many worlds of Disney—and relive your favorite memories with behind-the-scenes stories

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"