Fantastic Four General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

I'm not going to say this is going to happen, but it's one of a million things that could happen:

New kid Johnny Storm shows up at Peter's HS. Jonny is way too cool. He has a sister who is a famous actress, and a hot-rod Chevelle that he drag races in Jersey on the weekends.

He would have been too cool to hang out with Peter in the past, but now that Peter is known to be Spider-man, the two hit it off.

At some point, Peter is watching a news item about a guy named Reed Richards who is developing a rocket and Johnny mentions his sister is dating him. "Of course she is" Peter thinks - just more evidence that Johnny is way too perfect.

But at some point it is revealed that Johnny's mother is dead and his father is in prison and part of the reason He has the cool Chevelle is is sister tried to over-compensate as Johnny's guardian. So his life isn't as perfect as it might seem.

With a relatively small amount of screen time, something like that could introduce the concept of the FF, fit the Peter Parker story and give Johnny an interesting mini-arc.

Then, once the FF characters have been introduced, they could appear in other films without feeling forced.

I'm not going to say this is going to happen, but it's one of a million things that could happen:

New kid Johnny Storm shows up at Peter's HS. Jonny is way too cool. He has a sister who is a famous actress, and a hot-rod Chevelle that he drag races in Jersey on the weekends.

He would have been too cool to hang out with Peter in the past, but now that Peter is known to be Spider-man, the two hit it off.

At some point, Peter is watching a news item about a guy named Reed Richards who is developing a rocket and Johnny mentions his sister is dating him. "Of course she is" Peter thinks - just more evidence that Johnny is way too perfect.

But at some point it is revealed that Johnny's mother is dead and his father is in prison and part of the reason He has the cool Chevelle is is sister tried to over-compensate as Johnny's guardian. So his life isn't as perfect as it might seem.

With a relatively small amount of screen time, something like that could introduce the concept of the FF, fit the Peter Parker story and give Johnny an interesting mini-arc.

Then, once the FF characters have been introduced, they could appear in other films without feeling forced.

Peter's high school in the MCU is a school for the gifted though, unlike other Spider-Man portrayals where Peter just attends a regular high school. So unless Johnny is also gifted, I don't know what he'd be doing attending there if he's just a regular teen more interested in racing. That's why Flash Thompson is even a nerd instead of being more of a jock or more similar to Johnny.

but even in Amazing Spider-man he went to "Midtown Science High School" so it wasn't just a normal public school

yet we still had, Jock, Flash in that

and tho, Johnny, doesn't always act it, he is smart/gifted in his own rights (and come from a family of geniuses, who might have some pull to get him in to the school) I mean he is a teenage test pilot/ with some engineering skills

Last edited:
I’m not going to speculate on what it will be because I don’t know what direction they're going to go with FF.

But Watts does, and he already teased them in Far From Home.

I’m sure he’s excited and would like to introduce something and since he knows the FF story he knows what sort of something would fit both films.

And I can’t imagine Fiege holding him back. The primary reason Fiege might say: “No, we can’t do that.” Is he wouldn’t want to do something that might clash with their FF plan.

But Watts doesn’t only know the plan but is responsible for implementing the plan, so he’ll only do something that flows perfectly into his FF film.

makes sense to me. Whereas most directors needed to ask permission or had to respect the story boards for future MCU films in production (so as not to overstep and give them more room to work with), e.g. Civil War introducing both Ulysses Klaw and Black Panther (also Spidey lol) before the Black Panther movie came out, Watts does not have that issue. I agree he will probably drop another subtle F4 easter egg or reference. I wouldn't mind a name drop, kind of like what the Zola algorithm did for Stephen Strange in Winter Soldier.

I'd be fine with that. Sue is able to get him in and Johnny is pretty smart.

makes sense to me. Whereas most directors needed to ask permission or had to respect the story boards for future MCU films in production (so as not to overstep and give them more room to work with), e.g. Civil War introducing both Ulysses Klaw and Black Panther (also Spidey lol) before the Black Panther movie came out, Watts does not have that issue. I agree he will probably drop another subtle F4 easter egg or reference. I wouldn't mind a name drop, kind of like what the Zola algorithm did for Stephen Strange in Winter Soldier.

I just want SOMETHING and easter eggs aren't going to cut it for me.

I think one thing to consider is history.

Spider-man and Black Panther both appeared in Civil War (May 2016).

Then Homecoming was released in July 2017 and BP was January 2018.

With a possible FF release date of July 2023, December 2021 would be about the right time to start introducing FF characters.

I’m not going to get my hopes up or get excited just with general speculation and not even a hint that we’re going to get something soon.

But it also wouldn’t be crazy if we got something soon (either in No Way Home or a different upcoming film… but No Way Home makes particular sense because of Watts).

With a possible FF release date of July 2023, December 2021 would be about the right time to start introducing FF characters.

I’m not going to get my hopes up or get excited just with general speculation and not even a hint that we’re going to get something soon.

But it also wouldn’t be crazy if we got something soon (either in No Way Home or a different upcoming film… but No Way Home makes particular sense because of Watts).

For some reason, the Watts connection went right over my head and I was instead focused on the Spidey/Human Torch connection, but, yeah, for sure that makes sense. In fact, I'd go as far as saying I'll be surprised if there isn't some connection to the FF in NWH.

i agree. i have zero expectations. best way to go. the reason i am excited and will remain excited is because MARVEL HAS THE RIGHTS BACK AND THEY ANNOUNCED THEY ARE MAKING A FF FILM. that fact alone is enough to get excited about. They even released the new 4 logo, which indicates they will make the uniform look sleek imo

For some reason, the Watts connection went right over my head and I was instead focused on the Spidey/Human Torch connection, but, yeah, for sure that makes sense. In fact, I'd go as far as saying I'll be surprised if there isn't some connection to the FF in NWH.

Yeah, my brain is integrating both. There have been rumors that Reed would show up in NWH and be a new mentor for Peter, but Johnny makes more sense.

And I can imagine both Feige and Watts being interested in making that connection… and I can’t imagine they haven’t at least discussed it (even if the answer was ultimately ‘no’ we’re not going to do that).

I can’t imagine Watts hasn’t thought about it and wouldn’t be excited by the prospect. It would be like a director who was making both Hulk and FF films not saying: “Hmmm, here’s a wacky idea. What if we had The Thing and Hulk get together and fight in one of these films?”

i agree. i have zero expectations. best way to go. the reason i am excited and will remain excited is because MARVEL HAS THE RIGHTS BACK AND THEY ANNOUNCED THEY ARE MAKING A FF FILM. that fact alone is enough to get excited about. They even released the new 4 logo, which indicates they will make the uniform look sleek imo

:up: After all these years of disappointment, it’s almost hard to believe we’ll actually see them on screen at some point.

But the reality is, we will definitely see them in the next couple years and logically and realistically we could start seeing something very soon.

I’ve gone from battling the irrational hope that they might show up in the MCU (that I’ve had now for MANY years) to battling the irrational fear (that came from that constant disappointment) that it would just never happen.

One way or the other, it’s happening - no matter how hard that may be to believe.

A&W: Quantumania strikes me as the most likely place we could see a FF appearance prior to their solo film. Probably just something small like a Reed cameo though if it were to happen.

:up: After all these years of disappointment, it’s almost hard to believe we’ll actually see them on screen at some point.

But the reality is, we will definitely see them in the next couple years and logically and realistically we could start seeing something very soon.

I’ve gone from battling the irrational hope that they might show up in the MCU (that I’ve had now for MANY years) to battling the irrational fear (that came from that constant disappointment) that it would just never happen.

One way or the other, it’s happening - no matter how hard that may be to believe.

yeah man i was with you in those dark days. with all the haters telling us we were crazy...but its going to be something special to see not only the F4 but possibly the X Men and also sharing the same screen at the same time with Spidey Hulk and co. too bad Stark couldnt be there tho

A&W: Quantumania strikes me as the most likely place we could see a FF appearance prior to their solo film. Probably just something small like a Reed cameo though if it were to happen.

yeah i can see this happening. Post credits for ant man 3 - Michael Douglas aka Pym telling them about this other scientist "who would make me, Banner and even Stark look like high school drop outs. His name was - Richards. I don't know his full name because SHIELD kept him out of the public eye - so that he wouldn't fall under the wrong hands. He vanished off the face of the earth in the 60s."

Nick Fury appears out of the shadows. "I think you mean Doctor Reed Richards." Fury says emphatically. "I have news for you. He didn't vanish. In fact, because of what holy hell you unleashed- (the Quantumverse) - we found him - or better yet, he found us."

_b066dde4-d790-11e9-ab55-f69b78c5f02d.JPG

Last edited:

New Marvel announcements coming November. Possible we could get F4 related Disney Plus news like a Doom spin-off series. Be on the look out for this, guys.

Pretty possible we finally get a release date for the movie confirmed out of this event.

New Marvel announcements coming November. Possible we could get F4 related Disney Plus news like a Doom spin-off series. Be on the look out for this, guys.

Pretty possible we finally get a release date for the movie confirmed out of this event.

I doubt we'll get movie news that day. It's for Disney+ shows.

D23 is a week later. At an absolute minimum, I’d think they’ll announce which films are on which dates through 2023 at D23 - which should include FF.

And hopefully we’ll get a little more. Costume designs, for example, could be a little something they could give us.

i wonder what will happen to this place when they release a teaser trailer showing actual footage? i normally dont watch trailers for movies i know i will be seeing - but this one i have been waiting what seems like 20 years for.

I know this is a little early and speculative, but say we get the 2023 date, Marvel stays on track, COVID is under control, and life is "pretty much" back to normal. With good WOM and reviews (say close to Shang Chi), what kind of BO opening week numbers do people think we would probably see? I personally think we could see in the 125-150M range and maybe even a little bit more, but there are a lot of variables out there. Another big one is that we don't know how or if they will be introduced in preceding movies and what kind of buzz that will generate. I'm sure they'll have some type of references, but not sure how explicit they'll be.

I know this is a little early and speculative, but say we get the 2023 date, Marvel stays on track, COVID is under control, and life is "pretty much" back to normal. With good WOM and reviews (say close to Shang Chi), what kind of BO opening week numbers do people think we would probably see? I personally think we could see in the 125-150M range and maybe even a little bit more, but there are a lot of variables out there. Another big one is that we don't know how or if they will be introduced in preceding movies and what kind of buzz that will generate. I'm sure they'll have some type of references, but not sure how explicit they'll be.

I think this is one Disney is counting on. The FF are major characters with a lot of history and recognition.

I think Disney will be expecting it to do well and will invest to make that happen. I’m not going to put a number on it, but I’ll say it will be in the top ten for Marvel releases, and while unlikely, it could crack the top 5.

Thatswhat I'm hoping for the entire 2023 MCU slate.:applaud

Pre-CV this does 170-200 million easily OW. Domestic you are looking at at least 300-400 mil. WW probably 1 billion plus.

BUT since the world has changed drastically. .just cut those figures by half.

Pre-CV this does 170-200 million easily OW. Domestic you are looking at at least 300-400 mil. WW probably 1 billion plus.

BUT since the world has changed drastically. .just cut those figures by half.
No one is ever confused me with an optimist. At least when it comes to numbers.

It’s hard to predict how things will go after COVID.

Even before COVID, people had been going to theaters less - though Marvel films seemed to still draw people to theaters.

Post COVID will people just leave their houses less? We’ve advanced things like home-shopping, home-theater and food deliveries (that had been progressing even before covid). And I have a feeling at least some segments of our society enjoy the idea of doing things from the comfort of their home.

But I also suspect many people will celebrate by going out just because they finally can.

… but one thing that may be a factor, no matter how people feel, is that many theaters will have permanently shut-down (there’s at least one megaplex near me that appears to be closed for good).

I also think Disney and other studios will continue to experiment with and develop home-viewing options.

Disney currently leaves some money on the table with the theater distribution system. For every dollar people spend on theater tickets, Disney only keeps about 50 cents.

If Disney can find a way to do it, they could theoretically turn a theater ticket dollar into 75 cents and viewers pay less while Disney collects more.

So while I think FF will be a big, money-making film for Disney, it’s difficult to make a solid prediction with all the moving targets.

It’s hard to predict how things will go after COVID.

Even before COVID, people had been going to theaters less - though Marvel films seemed to still draw people to theaters.

Post COVID will people just leave their houses less? We’ve advanced things like home-shopping, home-theater and food deliveries (that had been progressing even before covid). And I have a feeling at least some segments of our society enjoy the idea of doing things from the comfort of their home.

But I also suspect many people will celebrate by going out just because they finally can.

… but one thing that may be a factor, no matter how people feel, is that many theaters will have permanently shut-down (there’s at least one megaplex near me that appears to be closed for good).

I also think Disney and other studios will continue to experiment with and develop home-viewing options.

Disney currently leaves some money on the table with the theater distribution system. For every dollar people spend on theater tickets, Disney only keeps about 50 cents.

If Disney can find a way to do it, they could theoretically turn a theater ticket dollar into 75 cents and viewers pay less while Disney collects more.

So while I think FF will be a big, money-making film for Disney, it’s difficult to make a solid prediction with all the moving targets.

It's basically impossible to predict. I agree about movie theaters. They seemed to be dying out somewhat even before COVID. I don't really like home viewing nearly as much, but younger people seem happy to watch movies and play games on their phones or tablets so I'm probably becoming a relic. I have an 86 inch TV in the family room, a 120 inch screen the our HT, but it's still not the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"