Fantastic Four General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

What’s even more interesting is that the date hasn’t changed.

It makes me wonder how things are actually progressing. It would have been the perfect time to tell everyone of delays and rescheduling, but the FF film looks to be still on track for May 2025.
Then you add the accidental SAG-AFTRA post that said Pascal will be filming Fantastic Four soon…

How far along are they and when will filming actually begin? All we’ve had were rumours and this makes me doubt some of them. Could they begin filming earlier than we though?

Unfortunately a lot of those dates are merely placeholders.and could instantly change in few months. Also a lot "untitled" movies as well.

Unfortunately a lot of those dates are merely placeholders.and could instantly change in few months. Also a lot "untitled" movies as well.
Yeah they could easily change the dates. All I'm saying is that it was the perfect opportunity to reveal new dates if things are delayed.
They may change in the furture, but the schedule being the same for now has me wondering if things are mostly still on track for them.

The exciting thing is this is the start. From here until release, we should be getting a steady flow of real news in place of the vague speculation and BS we’ve had up until this point.

You sound oddly optimistic. Are you alright? ;)
:rofl: Pedro Pascal isn’t my first choice, but he’s better than a lot of other names that have been floated, and I absolutely love Ebon M B for Ben.

I like what Matt Shakman has been saying, and I just have a feeling that the studio “gets it”.

They’ve gotten off track, but FF is the perfect property for the rebirth of the MCU.

Maybe I’m crazy, but I have a good feeling.

Last edited:
It’s starting to feel more and more likely that they are waiting for sdcc or d23. Which would be the dumbest decision.

It’s starting to feel more and more likely that they are waiting for sdcc or d23. Which would be the dumbest decision.
Unless they delay filming (which last I checked was early July), I can't see that happening. There'd be no way they could keep the casting under wraps while they'd be filming; someone would leak it. At this point it seems like they are going to be announced in the trades. I'd like to think they do another El Captian style event (especially since the previous one was 10 year ago), but I really don't know how likely that is.

Last edited:
Well at least Doom was in the trailer...a secret wars comic was in the trailer and Doom was on it from the Hickman SW run

Well at least Doom was in the trailer...a secret wars comic was in the trailer and Doom was on it from the Hickman SW run
I don't think that was Doom.

EDIT - Sorry missread your post, I think you're referring to his appearence on the comic.

Last edited:
I don't watch John Campea, but I'd love to hear how he tries to explain himself out of this one. Not that he ever had any credibility here.
He’ll do what these people always do.

He’ll pretend he never said it, and he’ll make a new prediction, then a new prediction… and eventually he’ll be right, and he’ll brag about that one correct prediction and point to it as evidence he has inside information.

Like a “psychic” who makes 10,000 wrong predictions and one right one and then spends the next 20 years telling everyone they predicted X.

Campea is one of the few names I know because he predicted Fant4stic would be a good movie. So in a “profession” filled with complete frauds and idiots, he’s king idiot in my mind.

Last edited:
Tbf I wouldn't say Campea is a scooper, since he's more of a commentor than anything else. But yea whenever he does try to bring in a scoop, it's almost never correct lol. The only time he actually had legit stuff was when he leaked those NWH images of Tobey and Andrew. But then he quickly tried to save face saying he only posted them cause they were "obviously fake" (probably so he wouldn't get in trouble with Disney/Sony).

Tbf I wouldn't say Campea is a scooper, since he's more of a commentor than anything else. But yea whenever he does try to bring in a scoop, it's almost never correct lol. The only time he actually had legit stuff was when he leaked those NWH images of Tobey and Andrew. But then he quickly tried to save face (probably so he wouldn't get in trouble with Disney) saying he only posted them cause they were "obviously fake".
Campea def isn't a scooper and he dies on weird hills. He is still trying to say the Netflix stuff isn't all canon even now lol.

The Deadpool trailer was great--it would have been fun if the commercial also featured the new FF cast, but that was always a longshot.

My gut is telling me that Fantastic Four (and it's casting) is still undergoing revisions.

The Deadpool trailer was great--it would have been fun if the commercial also featured the new FF cast, but that was always a longshot.

My gut is telling me that Fantastic Four (and it's casting) is still undergoing revisions.
So... what you are saying is that there is still a chance John Krasinski could become Reed Richards?! :suprise:

Joking, of course. :lol:

He's not my pick. But, ultimately, yes. I actually do think there is a chance. Especially if they're casting Pedro Pascal at 48, why not choose Krasinksi at 44?

He's not my pick. But, ultimately, yes. I actually do think there is a chance. Especially if they're casting Pedro Pascal at 48, why not choose Krasinksi at 44?
I accept Krasinski isn't going to be the main Reed Richards. That said, if somehow he did end up as Reed Richards I can promise there would be many fans who would be extremely happy.

I have no doubt Pedro Pascal will do a fine job as he is a great actor... but man, Krasinski as Richards seems like a missed opportunity. Just my two cents though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"