Fantastic Four General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

Charles Murphy(the same guy who broke Peyton Reed was directing Mandalorian season 2 episodes and Evan Peters was in WandaVision) believes Fantastic Four will be a July 2023 release.

Ev4utNTVgAIIW65

One thing that could make one doubt the veracity of this info is that it’s believed that Ant-Man 3 will come out next year, not 2023 like he’s saying here. However this might back him up on that.

Either way, the FF are right around the corner.

I think this looks pretty plausible. Albeit FF seems more fitting for the November release with Deadpool 3 as the July one.

That would be nice. When we were in high school my friends and I went to see the Tim story fantastic four movie for my birthday and it would be nice to see the mcu version for my birthday to make it up to them lol

That would be nice. When we were in high school my friends and I went to see the Tim story fantastic four movie for my birthday and it would be nice to see the mcu version for my birthday to make it up to them lol

You could've made it up to them by going to see Fant4stic for your birthday. :o

This is 99% likely to be absolute complete BS, but I offer it for your entertainment:

Did the plot for Marvel’s first ‘Fantastic Four’ movie just leak?

I liked this part:

“The first Fantastic Four film will supposedly introduce Victor Von Doom as well, “as a millionaire scientist friend of Reed.” He won’t become Doctor Doom in the movie, though. Doom’s origin will be explored in a separate series on Disney+, and Latveria will appear before the Fantastic Four events. The film will be released “shortly after” Secret Invasion and will have a direct connection to the series, the leaker claimed. “The team’s first threat will be Super-Skrull,””

More Jennifer Lawrence rumors have been added to the fire. I'm starting to think it might actually happen.

Source or it didn’t happen

Jennifer Lawrence as Sue would feel like one of the stalest pieces of casting in the MCU.

Source or it didn’t happen
Insider Daniel Richtman now claims that The hunger Games The star indeed began talks with Marvel very early on to play Sue Storm, despite the large number of conflicting stories circulating recently. The 30-year-old would be a solid choice for the role, even if that means fans would have to accept that Emily Blunt and John Krasinski’s dream squad remains wishful thinking, but we won’t hear any sort of bets. concrete updates surrounding the The Fantastic Four for a long time, probably not before Watts had finished his promotional circuit. Spider Man threequel in December.

Jennifer Lawrence Reportedly In The Very Early Talks For Fantastic Four - We've Covered It - OLTNEWS

Jennifer Lawrence as Sue
James McAvoy as Reed
Michael Fassbender as Doom
Nicholas Hoult as Ben
Tye Sheridan as Johnny
Sophie Turner as Alicia

Miles Teller as Cyclops
Kate Mara as Jean
Jamie Bell as Iceman
Tobey Kebell as Hank
Michael B Jordan (again) as Angel
Reg E Cathey as Professor X

Marvel will just swap the Fox casts around for Fantastic Four and X-Men. :o

I'm officially on the Henry Golding for Reed train. I can easily see him fitting the role and fitting in the MCU. Around the right age, up and coming actor that I can see Marvel wanting to snatch up.

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (along with WandaVision) is among the first new entries into the MCU since Disney's highly publicized purchase of 20th Century Fox properties in 2019. The buy returned the rights to popular Marvel characters like the X-Men and Fantastic Four to Marvel Studios proper. This makes the sandbox in which the MCU now plays much bigger.

We heard Wanda Maximoff (Elizabeth Olsen) referred to by her traditional comic book alias Scarlet Witch in WandaVision, and Lovecraft Country star Jonathan Majors was cast as Kang the Conqueror in the next Ant-Man movie. Feige confirms to EW that those specific details were "already free and clear" for them to use before the acquisition, but there are certain things coming in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier that will reflect that larger sandbox. He doesn't want to set expectations too high, but teases, "There's a setting in particular that people have already glimpsed in some of the trailers that is a setting from the Marvel Comics that was not previously available to us, but it's more of an Easter egg in and of itself.

O Captain, my Captain! How 'The Falcon and the Winter Soldier' confronts the legacy of America's hero

I'd be cool with Lawrence as Sue but would be concerned about her commitment to a role she'd be playing for 10 years.

didn’t she commit to the hunger games? She’s proven she can commit to a franchise before. If she kills the audition then she earns the role

She could use something to reinvigorate her career.

She was riding a wave with Hunger Games and Silver Linings Playbook, but her roles since then have been somewhat forgettable.

She needs a good role if she wants to stay relevant, so I’d think she and her agent would be pushing hard for something like this.

didn’t she commit to the hunger games? She’s proven she can commit to a franchise before. If she kills the audition then she earns the role
Yep and she did a good job in her first two X-Men appearances. Not many actresses could do much with the script in Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix.

She was riding a wave with Hunger Games and Silver Linings Playbook, but her roles since then have been somewhat forgettable.

She needs a good role if she wants to stay relevant, so I’d think she and her agent would be pushing hard for something like this.
Could be. She has a movie with Leo she just wrapped on that should be good. I see the Jennifer Lawrence casting in the same vein as Brie Larson. It could also be similar to the Mahershala Ali as Blade where he just straight up asked about the role and it's entirely possible she and her agent reached out to Marvel about the role. Unfortunately I don't think we'll hear anything until this summer around Comic-Con.

one could say she is at a similar place as RDJ was before Iron Man...

So how many of the other X-Men cast will Marvel get for Fantastic Four?

The real life F4 everyone.

Interesting. Makes me wonder if Marvel will go with the angle of the flight being a civilian space mission. It could easily explain why Sue and teenage Johnny are there

Last edited:
The real life F4 everyone.

Interesting. Makes me wonder if Marvel will go with the angle of the flight being a civilian space mission. It could easily explain why Sue and teenage Johnny are there

I’ve always thought that would be a logical real-world way to introduce them.

But the real world and the MCU are diverging. With the way things are going in the MCU, I suspect they’ll replace the Russian Space Race with an alien “Deep Space Race”.

With all the alien activity happening in the MCU, Earth needs technology to be able to travel long distances in space so they’re not behind potential threats.

I’ve always thought that would be a logical real-world way to introduce them.

But the real world and the MCU are diverging. With the way things are going in the MCU, I suspect they’ll replace the Russian Space Race with an alien “Deep Space Race”.

With all the alien activity happening in the MCU, Earth needs technology to be able to travel long distances in space so they’re not behind potential threats.

we are going to need an Ironman suit and Japan has to ramp up their mecha technology

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"