Fantastic Four General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

Do people think this is relatively reliable? I read it to mean that 2 of the FF will be well known and the other 2 newcomers and not that everyone in the movie except 2 will be newcomers.

I heard Justin Timberlake was recently at Marvel Studios for casting. What do you say, Timberlake as Reed Richards? Doom, perhaps?
:)

I heard Justin Timberlake was recently at Marvel Studios for casting. What do you say, Timberlake as Reed Richards? Doom, perhaps?
:)

i can see him as an older version of iceman - besides that, not much else. he doesnt come off as an exceptional actor.

Imagine if this was an adaptation of the Galactus trilogy. I seriously can’t wait to see the Silver Surfer, and F4 is the best place to introduce him before his solo film. Hopefully Reeves plays him too.

I wonder what Marvel would use him for though. Probably some lesser known side character?

i feel like he would be out of place in the MCU.. i think he is much better suited to a cyberpunk movie or even the star wars universe as a han solo type character

i feel like he would be out of place in the MCU.
I got the impression they were giving him some sort of part. He's not the worst actor in the world. Not sure who he would play though. Maybe if they gender swapped Dazzler.
:cwink:

I got the impression they were giving him some sort of part. He's not the worst actor in the world. Not sure who he would play though. Maybe if they gender swapped Dazzler.
:cwink:

call me crazy but he could potentially even be Johnny Storm

Dude is 40, I doubt he's Johnny. Or anyone in the MCU right now for that matter. We see actors meet with marvel all the time only for nothing to come of it.

Last edited:
Rumor: Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness Could Feature Major Cameo Appearance By John Krasinski As [SPOILER] - The Illuminerdi
From what we’ve heard, it sounds like John Krasinski may have filmed scenes as Mr. Fantastic for Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness. Now, if this turns out to be true it would be a huge win for fans that have fan cast Krasinski as the leader of the Fantastic Four for years. Interestingly it sounds like Krasinski could be playing a variant version of Mr. Fantastic from another universe. Mr. Fantastic was one of the members of the Illuminati in Marvel comics.
Take it with a grain of salt for now but the Iluminerdi are pretty reliable so this could be true.

The big question is: Is he going to be MCU Reed or just a variant that's an Easter egg for that fancast?

Take it with a grain of salt for now but the Iluminerdi are pretty reliable so this could be true.
I'd be thrilled to see it. But it seems like bringing in an alternative Reed from a different universe would be confusing for moviegoers, especially if they end up casting a different actor for the main role.

I think it would be a risky move to feature him as an alternate version unless they were damn sure fans will like whoever they cast in the MCU as much or more.

With that in mind, I think two things are possible:

1. There’s no truth to the rumor and Krasinski won’t appear as any version of Reed.

2. Krasinski will be playing Reed in the MCU and possibly a variant (or variants) as well.

I think it’s very unlikely he’d play a variant and then we’d get a completely different actor in the main MCU.

I think it’s very unlikely he’d play a variant and then we’d get a completely different actor in the main MCU.
These superhero shows and their alternate universes, things could get really out of hand if they're not careful. I'm a little surprised casual viewers have taken to the concept so readily, with Marvel and with the Flash. As a comic reader, I grew up with alternate realties as commonplace, but I'm surprised moviegoers accept them so easily. I guess Stephen Hawking really got his message out.

The big question is: Is he going to be MCU Reed or just a variant that's an Easter egg for that fancast?
Here’s the possibilities the way I see it:

1. He’s playing the actual MCU Reed.

2. He’s playing a variant of Reed from the Multiverse and he won’t be the MCU Reed.

3. He’s playing a variant of Reed from the multiverse but by the end of the movie he(along his version of the F4) gets transported to the MCU and therefore becomes the defacto MCU Reed. Which would mean the F4 gets introduced to the MCU through the multiverse since it seems no version of them exists native to the MCU reality.

Either way, between this and the rumor of Doom being in Wakanda Forever this should be an interesting year for us F4 fans. We’ll finally have something to talk about as far as actual movie content is concerned.

Last edited:

I just realized it would be kind of hilarious that after all these years of so many fans wanting Krasinski in the role that wish gets fulfilled only for John Kraskinki’s Mr. Fantastic to be anticlimactically killed by Wanda in Multiverse Of Madness. :funny:

That would be one heckuva of troll move that will surely piss off a lot of fans that I could see Marvel pulling. Marvel isn’t above making creative decisions that tick off the fanbase.

Last edited:

I just realized it would be kind of hilarious that after all these years of so many fans wanting Krasinski in the role that wish gets fulfilled only for John Kraskinki’s Mr. Fantastic to be anticlimactically killed by Wanda in Multiverse Of Madness. :funny:

That would be one heckuva of troll move that will surely piss off a lot of fans that I could see Marvel pulling. Marvel isn’t above making disappointing creative decisions.

I'd personally love it if true, I find the Krasinski fancast to be boring.
Also I don't think he'd want to be attached to what would likely be a 10 year contract with lots of cameos at this point in his career. It may get in the way of his directing. So appearing in only one film fits.

So I guess Ioan Grufudd isn’t in this then? I mean I don’t care since his Reed was bland and forgettable just like the movies he was in. So I wouldn’t imagine Marvel would think bringing back him back would get anywhere near the applause that Tobey Maguire or even Hugh Jackman would bring but seeing as we’re seeing rumors like Ben Affleck being asked to come back as Daredevil I’d figured he’d at least be rumored in some capacity.

Last edited:
So I guess Ioan Grufudd isn’t in this then? I mean I don’t care since his Reed was bland and forgettable just like the movies he was in. So I wouldn’t imagine Marvel would think bringing back him back would get anywhere near the applause that Tobey Maguire or even Hugh Jackman would bring
The thing with Maguire and Jackman is, some of those Spider-Man, X-Men, and Wolverine movies were actually pretty good. With Gruffudd, the reaction would be "Hey, there's that guy from that crummy movie". I mean really, the 2005 FF movie wasn't that bad (it wasn't good), but it was disappointing.

These superhero shows and their alternate universes, things could get really out of hand if they're not careful. I'm a little surprised casual viewers have taken to the concept so readily, with Marvel and with the Flash. As a comic reader, I grew up with alternate realties as commonplace, but I'm surprised moviegoers accept them so easily. I guess Stephen Hawking really got his message out.
i agree it is super risky but Loki really helped with the suspension of disbelief

Here’s the possibilities the way I see it:

1. He’s playing the actual MCU Reed.

2. He’s playing a variant of Reed from the Multiverse and he won’t be the MCU Reed.

3. He’s playing a variant of Reed from the multiverse but by the end of the movie he(along his version of the F4) gets transported to the MCU and therefore becomes the defacto MCU Reed. Which would mean the F4 gets introduced to the MCU through the multiverse since it seems no version of them exists native to the MCU reality.

Either way, between this and the rumor of Doom being in Wakanda Forever this should be an interesting year for us F4 fans. We’ll finally have something to talk about as far as actual movie content is concerned.

i am fine with 3. spider man the second one, tried to do this even though we know mysterio didnt really come from the multiverse

That would be one heckuva of troll move that will surely piss off a lot of fans that I could see Marvel pulling. Marvel isn’t above making creative decisions that tick off the fanbase.

Feige wants to be KK all of a sudden? that would be unwise

Last edited:
i agree it is super risky but Loki really helped with the suspension of disbelief

i am fine with 3. spider man the second one, tried to do this even though we know mysterio didnt really come from the multiverse

Feige wants to be KK all of a sudden? that would be unwise
All of sudden? Feige has done stuff like this before. Remember the Mandarin?

Even most recently with Ralph Boehner and Taskmaster, so he wouldn’t be above doing something like that with a variant Reed played by a popular fancast.

I kind of doubt Feige looks back at something like Mandarin and considers it a great moment or something he’d like to do again in some form.

I’d like to think he’s capable of recognizing and learning from his mistakes.

I kind of doubt Feige looks back at something like Mandarin and considers it a great moment or something he’d like to do again in some form.

I’d like to think he’s capable of recognizing and learning from his mistakes.
I agree there, but the type of mistakes Feige thinks he’s made and fans thinks he’s made tend to differ. Feige has only admitted mistakes publicly twice which was dyeing Chris Hemsworth’s eyebrows yellow and casting Tilda Swinton as The Ancient One. Even to this day he has praised Shane Black’s Mandarin twist in Iron Man 3, and while you could easily chalk up Feige doing the real Mandarin in Shang-Chi as a way to make up for his mistake in Iron Man 3 I think it’s just more a case that Mandarin made for the best and most convenient character to substitute for the Fu Man Chu character(which Marvel doesn’t have access to anyway) than as some sort of creative apology to fans after disappointing them with the twist in Iron Man 3.

As for my other examples, they’re more recent and definitely showcase Feige still allows for creative decisions that could disappoint fans. The Ralph Boehner twist and Taskmaster twist both from last year definitely tells us Marvel still makes these types of decisions Mandarin and they haven’t really learned their lesson, imo. Which is why I do implore people to keep their expectations in check for John Krasinski as Reed(if he’s even in this film that is).

Last edited:
As for my other examples, they’re more recent and definitely showcase Feige still allows for creative decisions that could disappoint fans.
I've been thinking about making a post about this, but I see you're already discussing it. Basically my point is, even though Marvel Studios is making the movies, they're not exactly sticking to the source material. In fact, I'd say as time goes on, they are getting more and more comfortable with moving away from the comic books.

For instance, look at the way the 10 rings are depicted from Shang-Chi. And while I think we all enjoy the MCU Spider-Man, arguably he is no closer to the comics than the Sony pictures, maybe even further away. The MCU Spider-Man owes a lot of his development to Tony Stark. Just a few examples.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"