Fantastic Four General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

Hawkeye was terrible. Other than Loki and Wandavision, the Disney Plus shows have been VERY lackluster.

I thought WV took about 4 episodes to get going and I got very impatient with it. I think that colored my opinion of it overall. Opinion on the D+ shows seems to be all over the map. I rather liked F&TWS and Hawkeye was fine. A lot of people liked Loki and others hated it.

I kind of feel like Disney + freed Marvel up to be more experimental, and the result is some things work and some don’t.

And some things work for some people and not others.

Some of my friends loved WandaVision, but to me it felt like a 1 hour story stretched out to 5 hours with a bunch of filler.

I don’t know if they’re learning and improving as they go or my expectations are dropping until they’re easy to exceed, but I feel like the shows have generally been getting better as they go.

I’m really looking forward to She-Hulk. I hope they nail that one.

Hawkeye was terrible. Other than Loki and Wandavision, the Disney Plus shows have been VERY lackluster.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. These shows have been all over the place as far as whether or not people liked them. As I'm sure you know, a lot of people "hated" Loki. I started Moon Knight (I almost said "Morbius" LOL), but got really frustrated with his Steven personality and was ready to yell at the TV. I may pick it up at some point, but I really wanted to smack that guy.

I kind of feel like Disney + freed Marvel up to be more experimental, and the result is some things work and some don’t.

And some things work for some people and not others.

Some of my friends loved WandaVision, but to me it felt like a 1 hour story stretched out to 5 hours with a bunch of filler.

I don’t know if they’re learning and improving as they go or my expectations are dropping until they’re easy to exceed, but I feel like the shows have generally been getting better as they go.

I’m really looking forward to She-Hulk. I hope they nail that one.
She Hulk is one I'm looking forward to and I don't care if it has more comedic aspects than other Marvel efforts.

Of course it could be the fact that Tatiana Maslany is in it.....maybe.......uh....maybe....

The executive producers being revealed now explains why no writers have been announced yet. It also lends to my conspiracy theory that Watts was only a placeholder name and was never gonna actually direct

The executive producers being revealed now explains why no writers have been announced yet. It also lends to my conspiracy theory that Watts was only a placeholder name and was never gonna actually direct
Hmmmmm......you've piqued my interest. Please elaborate. Why would they put him in and why would he accept if it was never gonna happen? What's the deal with the executive producers?

Hmmmmm......you've piqued my interest. Please elaborate. Why would they put him in and why would he accept if it was never gonna happen? What's the deal with the executive producers?

Executive producers can have a lot of Power over a film. From hiring talent such as writers, directors, and sometimes even the cast. I don't know how much power they have in Marvel films though.

Such an important job would have been filled already if the screenplay and director were already hired. But they couldn't have been working on FF seeing as they only finished Moon Knight relatively recently. It contradicts when Marvel said the FF film was in development last year.

My theory is that wanted Krasinski to direct and be Reed. That would explain all the secrecy. You'd have announce him as Reed and the director at the same time so you couldn't do that before he's fully on the project and the others are cast. So to build hype you announce the film is coming with a director who is there in case things fall through

One things for sure. Things are now definitely underway since the executive producers have been revealed. I'd guess filming begins next year which means we may get cast announcements this year.

That's my main theory as well. My other theory is that SONY told Feige they want Watts back for the next 3 Spider-Man movies and didn't want him going back and forth with another property.

That's my main theory as well. My other theory is that SONY told Feige they want Watts back for the next 3 Spider-Man movies and didn't want him going back and forth with another property.

It also doesn't fit Marvels usual M.O. They usually hire different directors for different projects. The only exception I can think of are the Russo's

I just want this vibe from the fantastic four

the eternals boasted they were going to go full Jack Kirby with the designs but other than the costumes they could have pushed it further. Obviously this isn’t kirby, it’s Stan Lee but obviously jack Kirby inspired

to each his own. Some of the individual episodes of each series stand out and others are forgettable. The last episode of Loki was as good as the MCU films - variant Kang was masterfully portrayed by Jonathan Masters.

I would rate the series
1. Moon Knight
2. Loki
3. hawkeye
4. WandaVision
5 Falcon & Winter Soldier

Daredevil S1 was better than all of these series and even most of the MCU movies

on topic - F4 as a series could work - but I think Doom or another character would benefit from this - maybe even Peter Parker & Johnny Storm "The College Years" D+ series

giphy.gif

F4 as a series could work - but I think Doom or another character would benefit from this - maybe even Peter Parker & Johnny Storm "The College Years" D+ series
I hadn't even thought about FF as a series. That would be a gift for a huge FF fan like myself, because it would mean we would be getting more viewing hours, especially if there were multiple seasons. Both with a series and a movie, I worry about the budget, because it seems like a good FF production would be expensive.

Doom seems like a natural series, and I'd like to see Victor and Reed in college together.

What I would love to see is prequel series that follows all the characters (including Doom) from childhood up until the rocket launch.

We could see Ben dealing with the death of his brother, gangs etc.

We could see Sue and Johnny dealing with the death of their mother, their father’s imprisonment etc.

We could see Doom as a child in Latveria dealing with the aristocracy and his mother’s death etc.

Then Ben meets Reed, Reed meets Sue, Doom meets Reed etc.

We see Doom’s lab explosion, him meeting up with the monks and then end at the beginning - with the rocket launch.

Daredevil S1 was better than all of these series and even most of the MCU movies

Couldn't agree more. The entirety of Netflix's Daredevil is superior to everything Disney Plus has put out carrying the Marvel Studios banner. Same goes for FX's Legion.

It's a damn shame Noah Hawley didn't get to do his Doom movie. The guy's brilliant.

You’ll never believe who was supposed to originally play that character in that movie.

So Daniel Craig was originally supposed to play Reed for that cameo? Wow…This actually even further makes me think Krasinski as Reed is nothing more than a one and done cameo with intention of being a thing in the main universe.

the counter rumor/speculation to that is

suggesting that tho Craig was suppose to be in it he was up for a different character

but all this should be taking as just that rumor/speculation

Last edited:
the counter rumor/speculation to that is

suggesting that tho Craig was suppose to be in it he was up for a different character

but all this should be taking as just that rumor/speculation

This makes sense. He was considered for Matthew Vaughn's Thor movie back when Vaughn was doing it, before Branagh stepped in. He's another Tom Cruise/Superior Iron Man in that sense.

Yeah, Craig almost playing Balder sounds more plausible to me than him almost being cast as Reed. Perhaps if we get a Thor 5 they can revive that idea?

I actually don't think he'd be a bad choice for Magneto myself.

Yeah, Craig almost playing Balder sounds more plausible to me than him almost being cast as Reed. Perhaps if we get a Thor 5 they can revive that idea?

I actually don't think he'd be a bad choice for Magneto myself.

Hmmm.
Never would have thought of him for that part but he'd be a perfect blend of Fassbender's physical presence and intensity with Mckellen's gravitas and authority.
2100bf65ce998349-600x338.jpg

What I would love to see is prequel series that follows all the characters (including Doom) from childhood up until the rocket launch.

We could see Ben dealing with the death of his brother, gangs etc.

We could see Sue and Johnny dealing with the death of their mother, their father’s imprisonment etc.

We could see Doom as a child in Latveria dealing with the aristocracy and his mother’s death etc.

Then Ben meets Reed, Reed meets Sue, Doom meets Reed etc.

We see Doom’s lab explosion, him meeting up with the monks and then end at the beginning - with the rocket launch.

"The Prince of Latveria" Disney+ series would be interesting and a way to build up Doom. However, sometimes it is better to keep a character's mystique/aura of mystery about them, because it is more alluring (see Boba Fett before Book of Boba Fett)

Daniel Craig would be the PERFECT MCU Magneto.

I dont think he would be perfect - but he is certainly in the top 10 candidates. A perfect actor for me is someone like Daniel Day Lewis as Magneto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"