Fantastic Four General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

It just doesn’t make sense financially to intentionally do something the fans may not like. But then again this is woke Disney we are talking about lol. Anything is possible since they don’t seem to care too much about what the fans like,especially when it comes to The Star Wars franchise

Fans wanting Krasinski are a vocal minority in terms of audience. The general audience really don't care either way because if whoever they choose is great then it doesn't matter who the popular fancast was. People would get over it fast.

I don't think it's as overwhelmingly positive as some people have led you to believe. I mean Krasinski's Reed is quickly becoming the most meme'd aspect of MOM. The weak presentation of the character did not do him any favors.
See? He's already iconic.

The reaction to Krasinski as Reed is a lot more mixed than initially thought. So the casting for MCU Reed could go either way. It's not a sure thing that he'll be playing the main Reed.

The reaction to Krasinski as Reed is a lot more mixed than initially thought. So the casting for MCU Reed could go either way. It's not a sure thing that he'll be playing the main Reed.
It's encouraging that people have opinions and passion about this, no matter what happens. If you look at some earlier posts on this forum, you'd get the impression that no one gives a rat's behind about the Fantastic Four. But it appears more people might care than some realized.

It's encouraging that people have opinions and passion about this, no matter what happens. If you look at some earlier posts on this forum, you'd get the impression that no one gives a rat's behind about the Fantastic Four. But it appears more people might care than some realized.

Yeah I think a lot more people care than initially thought. I think a majority of the excitement in theaters was because it was Reed more so than because it was Krasinski.

Yeah I think a lot more people care than initially thought. I think a majority of the excitement in theaters was because it was Reed more so than because it was Krasinski.
I was so excited to see Reed in the MCU, I forgot about how many people must have been excited to see Professor X in the MCU. Which has had the bigger reaction? I haven't really paid attention to the reaction from the X-Men people. And there were four people in the theater when I went (I like to go to the early shows).

The X-Men are of course more popular than the FF these days, but they aren't as starved for a good movie as the FF fans are. Don't get me wrong, I like the X-Men too, but the FF has always been my favorites.

I was so excited to see Reed in the MCU, I forgot about how many people must have been excited to see Professor X in the MCU. Which has had the bigger reaction? I haven't really paid attention to the reaction from the X-Men people. And there were four people in the theater when I went (I like to go to the early shows).

The X-Men are of course more popular than the FF these days, but they aren't as starved for a good movie as the FF fans are. Don't get me wrong, I like the X-Men too, but the FF has always been my favorites.

Can't really compare the two because the trailer kind of spoiled the Professor X reveal.

Since this was probably the most accurate look for Reed so far - and its been a while since the last movie — which many people ignored - i noticed louder and longer cheering for Reed depending on the audience. But Prof X and Reed got close to the same amount of positive reception from most of the audience reactions i have watched

Last edited:
It just doesn’t make sense financially to intentionally do something the fans may not like. But then again this is woke Disney we are talking about lol. Anything is possible since they don’t seem to care too much about what the fans like,especially when it comes to The Star Wars franchise

Don't know what being "woke" has to do with anything...

I think you overestimate how many fans would be upset. The response to Krasinski has been pretty mixed from what I've seen. Also, most of those that will be upset will get over it if the main Reed is great in the role and the general audience (who greatly outnumber fans who would care) don't care either way.

It's not going to effect Marvel's potential profits if they don't use Krasinski.

Here's another potential Reed Richards:
image.jpeg

Regé-Jean Page of Bridgerton fame.

He was also on the shortlist for Adam Warlock so Marvel may circle around back to him.

With the announcement that Marvel Studios will be at Comic-Con at Hall H, and despite Sam Raimi's comments in DS: MoM, John Campea would not be surprised if the cast of F4 would be announced there, with Krasinski directing too.

With the announcement that Marvel Studios will be at Comic-Con at Hall H, and despite Sam Raimi's comments in DS: MoM, John Campea would not be surprised if the cast of F4 would be announced there, with Krasinski directing too.

This wouldn't shock me. It's possible John Krasinski isn't the 616 Reed Richards but that would surprise me. That said, I don't think Krasinski would direct the film if he is going to lead it as Richards. We will see what happens.

I think you overestimate how many fans would be upset.
It isn't just about Krasinski IMO. I'm guessing if we don't get Krasinski, we'll be getting a much younger actor playing Reed. That's okay (as long as they don't go too young). But with Krasinski, we knew we were getting a mature, father figure Reed. Which meant we were definitely getting the family dynamic, which was good. In the Trank film, it was like a bunch of kids off on a lark. That's not the dynamic I want to see in a FF film.

It isn't just about Krasinski IMO. I'm guessing if we don't get Krasinski, we'll be getting a much younger actor playing Reed. That's okay (as long as they don't go too young). But with Krasinski, we knew we were getting a mature, father figure Reed. Which meant we were definitely getting the family dynamic, which was good. In the Trank film, it was like a bunch of kids off on a lark. That's not the dynamic I want to see in a FF film.

The problem with that is that version of Reed is at the end of his character development. You don't start with that version of him, you end with it.
A younger cast doesn't mean going for high school age Reed, Ben and Sue. A 30- something actor playing Reed at the beginning of the Fantastic Four's story is perfectly fine. We can see these characters develop and grow that way.

I really can't imagine Glenn Howerton, probably because my only frame of reference for him is in comedic roles. Hence why he probably would've made a good star lord when he was up for the role too. He's also closer to 50 than not.

The problem with that is that version of Reed is at the end of his character development. You don't start with that version of him, you end with it.

I just can speak for myself but I would be extreme tired of another orgin lesson like "Its better to work as a team" and stuff like this.

I just can speak for myself but I would be extreme tired of another orgin lesson like "Its better to work as a team" and stuff like this.

It's not about that it's about having the characters have arcs and growth. It would be like having Tony Stark from Endgame be the version we had from the start. None of journey of him becoming a hero and becoming the kind of hero to sacrifice himself for the world. That growth and story is what connects people to characters.

It would be like having Ben married with kids and having already accepted being the Thing in the first Fantastic Four film. It's a disservice to the characters. Why race through all that good characterization? Just to have them resemble the current version of the team? It doesn't make sense to skip everything that would attach people to the team.

They don’t necessarily have to do the traditional origin story where it’s a point A to Z telling of how they got their powers. I’m fully in favor of starting the movie off with the team already having gained their powers and already making their vow to use their powers for good, and just regulate most of the origin with an animated opening sequence co-narrated by the team(i.e, Birds Of Prey). Or maybe Reed does a lecture at some prestigious university and he explains how he and his team got his powers with a slideshow presentation, or with hologram simulations similar to Tony in Civil War, when he was talking about the last time he saw his parents.

The ideal approach to the origin after we’ve seen a dozen times is to do The Batman and Homecoming way where the heroes already have their powers and costumes but they still aren’t fully formed as just started being Fantastic Four, and therefore aren’t very experienced in superheroism yet.

Last edited:
Whats with all the ageism? RDJ was 42 years old when he filmed Iron Man.
John Krasinski was 42 when he played Reed.
Im all for origin stories too but they can be told thru flashbacks.
Plus they have de aging technology. Lets not disqualify actors simply because of their age. We dont tend to disqualify actors because of skin color (most of us anyway - unless their culture and ethnicity are an intrinsic part of the character’s identity such as Black Panther). Lets disqualify actors because of their acting ability.

Whats with all the ageism? RDJ was 42 years old when he filmed Iron Man.
John Krasinski was 42 when he played Reed.
Im all for origin stories too but they can be told thru flashbacks.
Plus they have de aging technology. Lets not disqualify actors simply because of their age. We dont tend to disqualify actors because of skin color (most of us anyway - unless their culture and ethnicity are an intrinsic part of the character’s identity such as Black Panther). Lets disqualify actors because of their acting ability.

Bingo. Benedict Cumberbatch was 39 years old when he started filming Doctor Strange. Mark Ruffalo was 43 years old while making The Avengers. Paul Rudd was 44 years old when he started filming Ant-Man. Mahershala Ali is nearly 50 years old and he is set to be the MCU Blade with his first film still in pre-production. John Krasinski is at a fine age to be Reed Richards, if he is, in fact, our main Reed Richards.

Good idea. Instead of getting married, Reed and Sue can just hook up.

and when they dont get their way they can shout at the sky

hqdefault.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"