Fantastic Four General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

I’ve gone back and forth on the idea.

I’m currently not a fan of a retro story, but I’d at least give them a chance. This could fit the rumors of the FF showing up in Ant-Man.

The good news with that is we could see them relatively soon, with Ant-Man presumably bringing them into present day and then the FF film being a flashback.

It could also fit the idea of Rama Tut being the FF villain with that and Kang and Ant-Man all being tied together.
Are you saying you hat the WHOLW 1st movie of fantastic four is a flashback to the 60’s??!! That would be weird!! I could see fantastic four stuck in the negative zone where they somehow got sent to from the 60’s I could deal with that lol specially if we see them with a surprise cameo in antman3!!

Are you saying you hat the WHOLW 1st movie of fantastic four is a flashback to the 60’s??!! That would be weird!! I could see fantastic four stuck in the negative zone where they somehow got sent to from the 60’s I could deal with that lol specially if we see them with a surprise cameo in antman3!!

I have absolutely no idea what’s actually happening or what’s being planned, but some rumors have been persistent and there’s some reason and history behind it all.

Way back 20 years ago, before Tim Story, Peyton Reed was attached to Fantastic Four with Fox and he had a FF story set in the ‘60s.

PR obviously didn’t get the job (reportedly because his vision would have been too expensive).

But ever since then, discussion and rumors of a 1960’s FF persisted.

And more recently, there have been rumors not only of a retro FF, but a connection to the Quantum Realm (which fits Peyton Reed’s use of the Quantum Realm as a cross-time realm along with his previous FF work and our knowledge that Kang (a time traveller) will be featured in Ant Man 3.)

We have also recently heard rumors that Rama Tut (a Kang variation) will be the villain of FF.

Piece by piece, it’s just rumor here and speculation there, but if you step back and look at the gestalt, it’s not crazy to think that the FF could be involved in some time shift and they could be involved in some way in Peyton Reed’s Ant-Man 3.

Personally, I think all this dimension travel and time-travel creates a mess and reduces the stakes (“Oh well, that Earth got blown up, but it’s not OUR Earth.”), and I think Marvel should strive to get things back to being more grounded and based on things and settings viewers can feel connected to.

But what I want doesn’t really change what we’re seeing, and what we’re seeing is the FF will be born into an MCU that is a mess and Kang is a major part of it.

I think the retro idea is stupid, personally. There isn't really a reason to do it, and then it raises questions on how they will handle Doom in the future. I don't love Doom and Reed having no backstory with one another and him just being a villain with no ties to the FF at all. So if it turns out to be a 60s movie and they're a team out of time, I will honestly be a bit less excited

I have absolutely no idea what’s actually happening or what’s being planned, but some rumors have been persistent and there’s some reason and history behind it all.

Way back 20 years ago, before Tim Story, Peyton Reed was attached to Fantastic Four with Fox and he had a FF story set in the ‘60s.

PR obviously didn’t get the job (reportedly because his vision would have been too expensive).

But ever since then, discussion and rumors of a 1960’s FF persisted.

And more recently, there have been rumors not only of a retro FF, but a connection to the Quantum Realm (which fits Peyton Reed’s use of the Quantum Realm as a cross-time realm along with his previous FF work and our knowledge that Kang (a time traveller) will be featured in Ant Man 3.)

We have also recently heard rumors that Rama Tut (a Kang variation) will be the villain of FF.

Piece by piece, it’s just rumor here and speculation there, but if you step back and look at the gestalt, it’s not crazy to think that the FF could be involved in some time shift and they could be involved in some way in Peyton Reed’s Ant-Man 3.

Personally, I think all this dimension travel and time-travel creates a mess and reduces the stakes (“Oh well, that Earth got blown up, but it’s not OUR Earth.”), and I think Marvel should strive to get things back to being more grounded and based on things and settings viewers can feel connected to.

But what I want doesn’t really change what we’re seeing, and what we’re seeing is the FF will be born into an MCU that is a mess and Kang is a major part of it.

one of your finest posts sir. Ant Man 3 is going to ground things a bit I think in terms of stakes. Re: Kang messing up the MCU perhaps that is why the FF are joining - to clean up his mess

Last edited:
I think the retro idea is stupid, personally. There isn't really a reason to do it, and then it raises questions on how they will handle Doom in the future. I don't love Doom and Reed having no backstory with one another and him just being a villain with no ties to the FF at all. So if it turns out to be a 60s movie and they're a team out of time, I will honestly be a bit less excited

The Doom idea concerns me the most.
Either Doom is a Millennial to Gen Xer who Reed finally faces in the 21st century ,or like Reed, he's also a man from the 1960s ,who's also transported to today.

I get the appeal of a 1960s setting as a F4, but I think that's its the most effective if it's a stand alone film series that's not part of the MCU .

Then ,you could have Doom, Mole Man, Alicia Masters, Galactus, etc, all in the 1960s, with the team, without worrying about having the characters be around in 2022.

But they aren't going to do F4 as it's isolated, and separate film franchise ,since that's not their style.

Given the way things are with the MCU, I really can't imagine that the catalog of F4 characters will all be in the 60s and transported to today .
Inevitably , alot of them will be 21st century men and women.

So, I just don't see how it would be all that practical beyond a one shot, isolated, film.

Last edited:
As I've been saying it kills me to say this but if they can't get Doom right, his place in the world, how epic he is and multiple other reasons why he should be the forefront of the MCU in terms of his grand plans etc, then him and Latveria just don't need to happen. Let the F4 arrive and do their thing I love the team and i want them done right but if Doom is going to be changed too much or a total 180 of what he like in the comics...then leave him out of the MCUs plans

Last edited:
The Doom idea concerns me the most.
Either Doom is a Millennial to Gen Xer who Reed finally faces in the 21st century ,or like Reed, he's also a man from the 1960s who's also transported to today.

I get the appeal of a 1960s setting as a F4, but I think that's its the most effective if it's a stand alone film series that's not part of the MCU .

Then you could have Doom, Mole Man, Alicia Masters, Galactus, etc all in the 1960s with the team without worrying about having the characters be around in 2022.
But they aren't going to do F4 as it's isolated and separate film franchise ,since that's not their style.

Given the way things are with the MCU, I really can't imagine that the catalog of F4 characters will all be in the 60s and transported to today .
Inevitably , alot of them will be 21st century men and women.

So, I just don't see how it would be all that practical beyond a one shot, isolated, film.
I can see the appeal of that 60s F4 but as you say it would only make sense as a standalone rather than as part of the MCU. Any villains and supporting characters used would also be in the wrong time period and couldn’t be used again. It’s a bigger deal for the F4 who are connected to so many other characters.

The 60s time period might work if the F4 were sent back to the 60s, and the crux of the film was how they were going to get back to modern day.

I'd love to see 60s F4, mostly because I think it could cement them as the first public super heroes (with time travel shenanigans). But knowing I'll never see the F4 interact with Steve or Tony makes me care a lot less about how the F4 fit into the MCU.

The 60s time period might work if the F4 were sent back to the 60s, and the crux of the film was how they were going to get back to modern day.

I'd love to see 60s F4, mostly because I think it could cement them as the first public super heroes (with time travel shenanigans). But knowing I'll never see the F4 interact with Steve or Tony makes me care a lot less about how the F4 fit into the MCU.

to see Tony interact with Reed and even Doom is a fanboy’s wet dream

While we’d have to assume they’ve got some artwork by now, it’s still exciting to get real confirmation that things are actually happening.
:D

I'm sure someone has mentioned this, but it would be SO much fun to have a Chris Evans multiverse Johnny. I would lay money that it happens.

I'm sure someone has mentioned this, but it would be SO much fun to have a Chris Evans multiverse Johnny. I would lay money that it happens.

Yeah, and the other characters keep thinking he’s Steve until he says/does something very un-Steve.

Some great potential there.:funny:

Granted, the movie is still ways off and things could always change and Krasinski could be lying about not being cast as the 616 MCU Reed but I have a strong feeling he’s being genuine here. We’ll see.

My reaction is also, we will see. Maybe he is telling the truth. Maybe not. We will see

This is a few days old but has anyone seen the rumors about Silver Surfer making an appearance?

This is a few days old but has anyone seen the rumors about Silver Surfer making an appearance?

Happy New Years fellow Fantastic Four fans!

1676cb6d49e203902dfa95a3fd00562c.png

Here’s hoping this year we finally get major news on the F4 this year be it casting, or at the very least get some plot details.

THANK GOD. *sigh of relief*

hope this rumour is true…they are still casting all roles it seems. Nothing set in stone no pun intended.

@ 45:05

“Matt Shakman is very insistent on being comics accurate”

These may be the most beautiful 9 words I’ve ever read.:waa:

:yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"