Fantastic Four reborn! - - - - - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but he wouldn't be paying for it. Which is what Jordan mean when he said "They'll go see it anyways".

He meant "They'll go see it anyways" as in "they'll go see it anyways". Not that hard.

I'm not gonna keep arguing what Jordan meant.

Point is, they think we'll give them our money regardless of what we say we like and dont like. And they are horribly, horribly mistaken.

Via a poster on Screenrant:

why does Doom look like a sad Iranian woman in these pics?

I just thought I'd share my feelings towards this movie so far.

Not going to lie, what I've seen of this movie is just... bad. Nothing like the source material at all. Where's Dr. Doom? They're shooting the entire movie on soundstages for some reason and if the past few pics are anything to go by, they're all green screens. There is no way that this movie will be a good Fantastic Four movie.

However, with a talented cast and a generally good director, I have faith in this movie. I feel like it might be the definitive Fantastic Four for the general audience (not for us comic fans though :cwink:), much like X-Men and Nolan's Batman, despite not being comic-book like at all. This movie could end up being the greatest movie of all time, yet it still won't be a Fantastic Four movie.

I'll see it, I'll even buy it on DVD, no matter how I feel about the movie... but I won't call it Fantastic Four.

Just my thoughts. :oldrazz:

What's funny is that this thread has been going, only because of the negativity surrounding this film. bad place even with the turmoil on Ant Man, there has been some positive stuff, even if people aren't 100% happy with the way things turned out with Edgar.

There is not one positive thing I can point to about this production. Nothing that has driven any kind of positive discussion. It's been an endless series of "WTF are they doing?"

I think the tone will dramatically shift once Fox, you know, acknowledges that this movie is coming and gives us something to chew on.

They've had plenty of opportunity to do so, yet they keep hiding and stonewalling. Face it this might as well be Jonah Hex 2.

Reason's to not see this movie...

-Miss Cast entire cast
-Green Screen Galore
-Gov Experiments
-Young Fantastic Four
-Doom looks like the Offspring of a Dark Elf and the Putty Patrol wrapped in a Sari
-Cocky Actors basically saying "you will complain now, but will still pay money for it later"
-Cocky Director
-Lack of Studio Enthusiasm
-Lack of Actor Enthusiasm
-"Gritty and Realistic" fantastic Four
-Change for the sake of change
-Entire film is being made not to do it justice, but to simply keep the rights away from Marvel

Reasons to see this movie:
-Josh Trank Directed a decent film "Chronicle" that has a decent appraise

Cons out weight the Pros here... easily. It's a landslide

I think the tone will dramatically shift once Fox, you know, acknowledges that this movie is coming and gives us something to chew on.

Pretty much, once we get a trailer and some official stills, some people who are harshly criticizing it right will go on the other side and vice versa. It's sadly the way of the Hype. For me I don't have that much of an investment for FF, it's not a property I care about so much, but it is comic book movie nonetheless with a great cast and director so I will be watching it (in a theater, dvd, bootleg, ect, whatever).

Like I said in the last thread, it will be so interesting to visit this thread when the movie comes out...or even when the trailer shows up.

Pretty much, once we get a trailer and some official stills, some people who are harshly criticizing it right will go on the other side and vice versa. It's sadly the way of the Hype. For me I don't have that much of an investment for FF, it's not a property I care about so much, but it is comic book movie nonetheless with a great cast and director so I will be watching it (in a theater, dvd, bootleg, ect, whatever).

Like I said in the last thread, it will be so interesting to visit this thread when the movie comes out...or even when the trailer shows up.

That's fair enough.:up: You should understand how fans that actually care about the property feel right now. It's all about empthazing. Imagine your favorite characters being mishandled and butchered. Granted, we might over react but it's only due to the love we have for the characters. Of course the film might turn out to be great, there's always that possibility but speaking for myself, I have a bad feeling about this. We'll see though, the cast is talented no doubt but they're in the wrong film imo. Apart from the leaked first look at The Thing, everything else is just ehh. That Doom pic doesn't inspire hope either. Just my 2 cents.

In all honesty.. i have no faith in trailers these days.. they can make crappy films look awesome (Spider-Man 3's trailer) and awesome films look like crap.

so.. yeah...

I've also been on here now for over a decade... and when production looks like crap, smells like crap, and tastes like crap... 99.8% of the time... it is crap.

Green Lantern, Catwoman, X3, Spider-Man 3, Dragon Ball etc... I called it all on.. the data and info just was all incredibly awful... much like this film.

Pretty much sums up my feelings on the whole thing.

guitarsingerguy said:
I feel SOOO bad for the people that still have hope for this. First it was, "Well, let's at least wait until we see some pics." Now it's, "There's no need to worry. They'll fix everything in post.".

Actually it was "let's wait for the trailer". Set pics aren't an indication of the final movie

slamadams said:
You don't know how good or how successful this movie will turn out. You only know how much not like the comic it will be, which is always the biggest complaint from the fanbase and a non-issue with the general audience.

Precisely. X-Men Days of Future Past didn't have comic accurate costumes, nor did Guardians yet they were great movies that did well at the box office.

I feel the same. As a non-CB guy I could care less about the FF.

It's release date does concern me though. Same week as a Pixar movie, and a week after Jurassic World?

Actually it was "let's wait for the trailer". Set pics aren't an indication of the final movie

Precisely. X-Men Days of Future Past didn't have comic accurate costumes, nor did Guardians yet they were great movies that did well at the box office.

to be fair.. those at least had pics and tidbits and production announcements as well as returning director and cast members to all heavily spark interest.

this film has none of that. it's a piss poor comparison

to be fair.. those at least had pics and tidbits and production announcements as well as returning director and cast members to all heavily spark interest.

this film has none of that. it's a piss poor comparison

True, but I'm comparing how comic costumes almost don't matter to a films critical or commercial success not the promotion.

ASM2 had one of the most beautiful costume adaptions yet because the film was lacklustre it didn't matter in the end. And those above that had costumes different to the source were widely beloved.

Dooms look from set pics look poor, hopefully he looks better in the final movie like with tons of other characters who looked crap on set but awesome on film, but even if he looks like that the story and acting and writing and entertainment factor will override an in-accurate costume in determination of a movies success

Yup. :highfive:

For me I don't have that much of an investment for FF, it's not a property I care about so much

Here we have a fine example of the one thing the majority of supporters of this movie have in common: they aren't FF fans.

Which says it all, really.

I've never seen such negativity against a CBM until this FF reboot. bad place with all the shenanigans that happened with Ant-Man, people are still looking forward to the flick. The FF reboot on the other hand? It's pretty much DOA. That says a lot really.

True, but I'm comparing how comic costumes almost don't matter to a films critical or commercial success not the promotion.

ASM2 had one of the most beautiful costume adaptions yet because the film was lacklustre it didn't matter in the end. And those above that had costumes different to the source were widely beloved.

Dooms look from set pics look poor, hopefully he looks better in the final movie like with tons of other characters who looked crap on set but awesome on film, but even if he looks like that the story and acting and writing and entertainment factor will override an in-accurate costume in determination of a movies success

They do and don't. Iconography is what's important. Superman needs his colors, his S, and his cape, batman needs his cowl, spidey his color and webs.. etc... certain things still have to be there in order to make the characters still appear recognizable.

the x-men films have still managed to decently do that.. Storm has her cape and hair, wolverine has his hair, claws, and even dabs of yellow, cyclops has his visor and sun glasses. Not to mention the x-men have gone through more costume changes than probably any other superheroes.

The Fantastic Four and Doctor Doom honestly haven o where near that amount of variation... and thus have much far less room for change before they begin to look unrecognizable. "powers" alone, do not make them the F4

We can't really rule that out yet. We haven't seen the F4's costumes! woot:

Via a poster on Screenrant:

why does Doom look like a sad Iranian woman in these pics?

YES! That's it! That's what i've been trying to figure out...what he looks like and that is EXACTLY what I feel Doom looks like in those pics It's the hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"