Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am rooting for Marvel/Disney to get something back here. If it is only Daredevil, I am fine with that.

Fox has failed both franchises.

I mean, this all kind of shows that neither FOX nor MARVEL care much for Daredevil.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/fox...marvel/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Deadline spilling the true tea about this situation. As I suspected, FF is a much higher priority for Fox then Daredevil.

This makes sense.Fox hs Josh trank on board to direct and has thor/First Class writers working on script and Is targeting production after X-Men:
Days of future Past wraps.Fox needs a big summer 2015 film.What better than FF.

As for daredevil let's hope some kind of cofiancing Is reached.Otherwise It will be years before anything happens with DareDevil.

Eh, Daredevil can show up in that TV show

They can have Matt Murdock represent all the heroes when they get sued for property damage and other stuff. :oldrazz:

You know I was thinking what if Marvel traded the movie rights to all the Marvel Knight characters and a reasonable lump sum for the movie rights to Fantastic Four and the tv rights to Daredevil.

Then they could add Fantastic Four to the Marvel Studio Universe and make a deal with HBO to do a Marvel Knights tv series.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/fox...marvel/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Deadline spilling the true tea about this situation. As I suspected, FF is a much higher priority for Fox then Daredevil.

I think the only thing that we may know at this point is that Fox's announcement of Trank got some dialogue going. I'm still not 100% sure that Fox truly wants the FF and if they were trying to get Marvel back to the table, it worked. As an FF fan, I want Galactus and FF under the same umbrella, so if Fox is serious about making FF, I hope they keep Galactus and SS.

Don't be surprised if things change quickly though. And don't be surprised if somehow Marvel ends up with the FF rights. I think that's what they really want and I think Fox will give them up if the price is right.

They can have Matt Murdock represent all the heroes when they get sued for property damage and other stuff. :oldrazz:

That would actually be a pretty funny running gag in future Marvel flicks. Might get kinda tired though, but it would be funny.

as much as SS and the big G should be synonymous with the F4, i highly doubt FOX was going to use them again anyway....

the Fantastic Four have yet to travel to the Negative Zone, or Latveria in any of their films.... so realistically in a trilogy... we probably wouldn't even have need for them at all.

you can tell a good trilogy that still captures the spirit of the FF with...

Moleman, Dr. Doom, Annihilus and the Negative Zone, Pyscho Man, Dragon Man (though he should be a lackey)

but .... they do fit better in the MCU easily.

And what makes you think Fantastic Four won't be made by Fox.

If arvel gets Daredevil It could be 2020 till anything Is done by Disney with Daredevil.

And what makes you think Fantastic Four won't be made by Fox.

They already dropped one franchise, there's no guarantee they won't drop another, especially one that's significantly tougher to produce than the one they let go.

If arvel gets Daredevil It could be 2020 till anything Is done by Disney with Daredevil.
I'll take that over "never" from Fox.

I don't think Daredevil would take that long to get made honestly. He's one of the more "natural" heroes. Heightened senses is his power yeah, but I honestly don't see a movie for him taking that long to make; at most as long as Amazing Spider-Man took.

I mean, this all kind of shows that neither FOX nor MARVEL care much for Daredevil.

Or: it *could* show that Marvel really wanted DD all along, and they just pressured Fox into throwing in the towel. Either/or.

And getting DD into the MCU is a plus. Remember, it's not just *one* character they're getting --- it also likely includes in the package Elektra, Bullseye, Echo/Ronin, (possibly) Kingpin, The Hand, Typhoid Mary, Purple Man, The Owl and Stilt-Man. Not to mention you've opened up the possibility for some classic storylines involving other MCU major characters like Black Widow, Iron Fist and The Punisher.

I would suggest a FF reboot that potentially falls in line with the current MCU, where a collaboration means possible swapping of certain characters as needed. Ie) FF reboot could take place in the 70's or 80's and feature some MCU characters that Marvel may want to establish at that time period, like Pym and an older Howard Stark. How cool would it be for Reed to influence Tony Stark as a child? In return, Marvel can use Galactus and SS in the future for the cosmic angle and a Defenders movie. The Space Age is a good place for the FF and they can be established as Marvel's first family. Fox would keep FF movie rights but certain clauses on characters would allow them to return to Marvel on a case by case basis. That is the most practical solution for everybody. Fox maintains exclusivity while lending and taking characters as needed.

In a sense, Fox can essentially piggy back off the MCU with the FF franchise providing the filler for CA: TFA to the present day. General audiences would immediately be interested in that.

To boot, Fox could pick up Punisher and Blade in addition to extending the DD rights, as all those characters can benefit from one another and Marvel has already stated they will not do R-rated films. GR will be back by 2017 for sure, but a Marvel Knights movie at Fox or Sony isn't a bad thing either. I hardly think those properties are priorities right now anyhow.

The key to remember here is Marvel has absolutely no leverage with the heavy hitters in the FF. They will never see these characters under the Disney umbrella for quite some time. And they could care less about DD right now. It is inconsequential whether it goes back to Disney in October.

Last edited:
I would suggest a FF reboot that potentially falls in line with the current MCU, where a collaboration means possible swapping of certain characters as needed. Ie) FF reboot could take place in the 70's or 80's and feature some MCU characters that Marvel may want to establish at that time period, like Pym and an older Howard Stark. How cool would it be for Reed to influence Tony Stark as a child? In return, Marvel can use Galactus and SS in the future for the cosmic angle and a Defenders movie. The Space Age is a good place for the FF and they can be established as Marvel's first family. Fox would keep FF movie rights but certain clauses on characters would allow them to return to Marvel on a case by case basis. That is the most practical solution for everybody. Fox maintains exclusivity while lending and taking characters as needed.

In a sense, Fox can essentially piggy back off the MCU with the FF franchise providing the filler for CA: TFA to the present day. General audiences would immediately be interested in that.

To boot, Fox could pick up Punisher and Blade in addition to extending the DD rights, as all those characters can benefit from one another and Marvel has already stated they will not do R-rated films. GR will be back by 2017 for sure, but a Marvel Knights movie at Fox or Sony isn't a bad thing either. I hardly think those properties are priorities right now anyhow.

The key to remember here is Marvel has absolutely no leverage with the heavy hitters in the FF. They will never see these characters under the Disney umbrella for quite some time. And they could care less about DD right now. It is inconsequential whether it goes back to Disney in October.

You seem to think that Fox is holding all the cards; I see the opposite. Fox has a LOT more to prove in rebooting a successful FF and/or DD, and the general consensus is that they can't. MS, on the other hand, has just made one of the biggest blockbusters of all time. And Marvel doesn't *need* Galactus and the Surfer to make Cosmic Marvel work: they've already proven that they've got Thanos and the GOTG and Inhumans, and Feige has confirmed that they can use Skrulls (just not Super-Skrull, who combines the powers of the FF).

Plus, I don't consider DD inconsequential to Marvel, either. If Carnahan is ready to go on the film, Marvel will be just as likely to want to work with him as Fox is.

How much do you guys think it would cost Disney to buy Fantastic Four from Fox with a lump sum?

Keep in mind they bought most of the Marvel catalogue for 4 billion and that excluded X-men, Spider-man and Fantastic Four.

So I think Fox would want at least 200 million for the rights to Fantastic Four.

How much do you guys think it would cost Disney to buy Fantastic Four from Fox with a lump sum?

Keep in mind they bought most of the Marvel catalogue for 4 billion and that excluded X-men, Spider-man and Fantastic Four.

So I think Fox would want at least 200 million for the rights to Fantastic Four.

[YT]-DJtHL3NV1o [/YT]

I'm guessing Fox would jump at that amount, but I'm only guessing. That 4 billion wasn't just for film rights, but everything under the Marvel umbrella - including publishing which provides a steady revenue stream.

And the Marvel brand increases in value with every Spider-Man and X-Men film that is made. . . even though the film rights aren't directly controlled by Marvel.

The day after Disney bought Marvel, Fox announced a reboot. I think that was a transparent attempt to get money from Marvel/Disney (if they really wanted to make the film, they simply would have started moving forward, no reason to make an announcement, but they wanted to feel Marvel out).

At that point, I suspect Marvel saw the move for what it was and probably didn't make a serious offer - planning to wait Fox out and get the rights for free.

Up until about (a month ago?), Fox had not done anything to show any serious interest in making the film, but when they announced Trank and the writing team, it seemed that they were serious about moving forward.

It's still very possible at this point that Fox would rather sell than make a movie. And if your $200 million value is even close, it would certainly be a small investment to bring on a director and writing team in the hopes that such a move would bring Marvel to the table.

At this moment, I believe that Fox is probably willing to move ahead. . . or willing to sell to Marvel. I can only guess at the number Fox would require and I can only guess at the number Marvel would offer.

If I were to take a wild guess, I'd say that Fox would probably sell for $100 million and Marvel would probably offer $50 million and the question is 'Will they meet somewhere in the middle, or will Fox move ahead?'

... or ... as these recent stories suggest, will they make some side deals that don't actually include FF? Or are those details just a dance around the real negotiation that could result in FF going to Marvel?

Is it known that Galactus and Silver Surfer are part of FF as a whole, that for Marvel to get both it has to buy the entire FF franchise? Or are they separate properties?

While I'd love for the F4 to go home to MS I hope FOX goes all out and makes the next F4 the spectacle it deserves to be. I also hope they go for a Silver Surfer/Galactus movie to then join the two franchises in a big event movie.

Is it known that Galactus and Silver Surfer are part of FF as a whole, that for Marvel to get both it has to buy the entire FF franchise? Or are they separate properties?

Judging from FFROTSS, they're not separate properties.

All we know is that, according to the current rumors (which carry a little more weight than standard fan-spec, because mainstream outlets like Variety broke the story), MS is trying to buy the rights to several FF-related characters, and Galactus and Silver Surfer were mentioned specifically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"