Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seth Grahame-Smith (Dark Shadows, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter) is doing a polish on Jeremy Slater's draft for The Fantastic Four.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/fantastic-four-seth-grahame-smith-424697

Hmmm... I don't know about him coming on for this movie...
Borys Kit said:
Sources say that the new reboot is taking a grounded superhero and sci-fi approach to the heroes and will tap deep into the comics mythology, which featured not just the better-known villains such as Doctor Doom and Galactus but also alien races the Kree and the Skrull, and the anti-matter universe known as the Negative Zone.
I hope they get Galactus right this time.

Sources say that the new reboot is taking a grounded superhero and sci-fi approach to the heroes and will tap deep into the comics mythology, which featured not just the better-known villains such as Doctor Doom and Galactus but also alien races the Kree and the Skrull, and the anti-matter universe known as the Negative Zone.

Sounds like a paradox to me.

Last edited:
Waaaaait wait wait....

Does that mean Fox owns the Kree?!?
Cuz that'd be some bullllllsh**

I am ok with this.I didn't hate eather Dark Shadows or Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter.The other was intresting concept to take history and fantasy together.Which Is why
Matthew Vaughn may want to polish script.If you have ever watched the original Dark Shadows the film was a very approate tribute to show.Just because more didn't get It doesn't mean It was total crap.

I guess Fox may share rights with marvel to Kree like they do the skrulls.Nice bunch of characters they have to work with.This Is toal different approach than they did during rothman regime at fox.

I am ok with this.I didn't hate eather Dark Shadows or Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter.The other was intresting concept to take history and fantasy together.Which Is why
Matthew Vaughn may want to polish script.If you have ever watched the original Dark Shadows the film was a very approate tribute to show.Just because more didn't get It doesn't mean It was total crap.

I guess Fox may share rights with marvel to Kree like they do the skrulls.Nice bunch of characters they have to work with.This Is toal different approach than they did during rothman regime at fox.

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter the book was much better than the movie, but that is subjective. As far as Dark Shadows the film being a tribute to the show? I don't see how, it was absolutely nothing like the show. I grew up watching the Soap Opera and the movie, though I enjoyed it, was nothing like the original tv show...except in the names of a few of the characters.

With all of that said, I enjoyed both movies, so I will hold judgement on this writer for the F4 movie itself. :yay:

Bear in mind that the article in question is rather indirect. It only says that Fox will tap the comic's mythology, then goes on to describe elements of that mythology. IOW, even if the gist is true, the list of details is very likely invented by the writer.

Patrick Wilson - "Mr. Fantastic"
wilson400.jpg

Rosamund Pike -"Invisible Woman"
tumblr_l8ql9aFV9v1qbz7hio1_400_large.png

Liam Hemsworth - "The Human Torch"
Numero-2-Liam-Hemsworth_diapo_full_gallery.jpg

Jon Bernthal - "The Thing"
955452_1329582584391_full.jpg
jon-bernthal400x400.jpg

Benedict Cumberbatch - "Doctor Doom"
normal_02.jpg

Last edited:
Alice Eve as Sue Storm

Paul Rudd as Reed Richards

Brock Lesnar as Ben Grimm

Christoph Walz as Victor Von Doom

images

Aaron Tveit as Johnny Storm

I'm worried about the Vampire Hunter writer polishing the script of this movie.

^True. "Script polishers" usually just liven up the dialogue.

As far as Dark Shadows the film being a tribute to the show? I don't see how, it was absolutely nothing like the show. I grew up watching the Soap Opera and the movie, though I enjoyed it, was nothing like the original tv show...except in the names of a few of the characters.

I don't know why, when they do something like this, they seem to feel they have to make it a comedy rather than updating and capturing the feeling of the original. That was a particular pet-peeve of mine with Starsky and Hutch. I loved that show as a kid and I would have liked to see a film that captured the elements that I enjoyed in the original.

My cast

Reed Richards / Mr Fantastic - Patrick Wilson

Sue Storm / Invisible Woman - Rashida Jones

Johnny Storm / Human Torch - Jesse Williams

Ben Grimm / The Thing - Dean Norris

Also is it just me who feels their names / superhero aliases are kind of campy and outdated now?

Never thought about Jon Bernthal for Ben Grimm. He could be good.

Patrick Wilson - "Mr. Fantastic"
wilson400.jpg

Benedict Cumberbatch - "Doctor Doom"
normal_02.jpg

These two actors would be inspired casting choices and fricking strokes of genius.

Let's us all hit our knees and begin beseeching the casting gods now. I'll lead in prayer...

Last edited:
Cumberbatch as Doom would make my life.

I don't know why, when they do something like this, they seem to feel they have to make it a comedy rather than updating and capturing the feeling of the original. That was a particular pet-peeve of mine with Starsky and Hutch. I loved that show as a kid and I would have liked to see a film that captured the elements that I enjoyed in the original.

It is like that with most updates from the 60's, 70's and 80's. Except for "The Mod Squad" I have to say, they really hit that on the money IMO.

Am I the first to point out March 6, 2015 is exactly 2 years from today?

Maybe we'll start getting some real news in the coming months.

^Very true this could become Sin City 2 all over again if Fox isn't careful.

I could see Wilson and Cumberbund going head to head intellectually.

I could see Wilson and Cumberbund going head to head intellectually.
I think Wilson is an underrated actor. He'd be perfecf for Reed actually.

And Cumby is just awesome as anyone he wants to play. I adore him. I don't want to another bland hottie.

I want Fox to choose someone interesting and unexpected for Sue.

Last edited:
My cast

Reed Richards / Mr Fantastic - Patrick Wilson

Sue Storm / Invisible Woman - Rashida Jones

I would be okay with Rashida Jones cause she can do the straight-"man" but still do a solid dramedy.

Wilson. I like the guy but he's kinda low-energy in everything I've seen and I want a Reed that is, if not take charge, is clearly inspiring to people.

Billy Crudup for Reed.

Benedict Cumberbatch would be a great Doom, but he doesn't have the good looks that Victor's supposed to have imo... at least before his scarring incident.

Victor_Von_Doom_The_Children%27s_Crusade.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"