Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 6

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Thread Manager, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mclay18

mclay18 Well-Known Member

This.

Why do you guys think because the reboot is getting a March 2015 release means it's getting a lower budget? With all the CGI effects needed to make the reboot possible (and especially with higher prices CGI houses require), there's no way Fox will be able to make the reboot for less than $150M-$175M.

Unless Fox films it entirely in a cheap country like South Africa, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, or Romania... I can't see it costing less.

2. Zarex

Zarex Well-Known Member

I don't hate Fox, and I am looking forward to DOFP. I just think the FFs best chance for success is within the MCU.

For pretty much all franchises not named Harry Potter or Star Wars, you are winding down once you hit the third installment.

I would love to see the extended FF, with Panther & the Surfer, throw down against the Avengers onscreen. But that may just be me.

I think it would be difficult for many people to convince their spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend/life partner, who may not post on Superherohype, to see two superhero team ups within a few months time. A reboot of a weaker franchise is in an uphill battle, and people who aren't in love with the genre are likely to wait for Marvel's wildly anticipated sequel.

3. Zarex

Zarex Well-Known Member

Obviously, Marvel won't be cutting any deals with Fox unless it increases the company's stake in the FF films and or sets an expiration date on the movie rights. I just think it makes too much sense for the companies to make a deal.

4. TheAQU4M4N

TheAQU4M4N K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

we should be getting the cast announcement by the summer im guessing right? or is that too far away?

5. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

This is what it comes down to for me. They can do what ever they want with X-men and it's horrible continuity but FF has a chance at redeeming itself far beyond what ever Fox can throw together at the last minute.

So here's to Disney or WB throwing a big name franchise out there on the same day to bury it.

Josh Trank is a cool director but I would've had more love him if had done the Red Star film or even Venom instead of this one.

6. mclay18

I think you're right on the money. The prep time Trank needs on the reboot will be lengthier than what he did for Chronicle, but he'll need the cast in place well before then for obvious reasons.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they started shooting later next year to maximize post-production time. And if Trank manages to base shooting in South Africa, the conversion rate is very favorable to the U.S. dollar. One SA online article stated that the Chronicle production spent around 50-75M South African rand, which translates to $5.7M-$8.6M for filming alone.

Obviously, if the reboot shoots in South Africa, they'll spend a lot more than $10M filming there... but it'd be very cost-efficient. The shoot wouldn't be rushed, and they can certainly stretch their dollars. That way, they'll have enough money to spend on good CGI houses.

7. Project862006

Project862006 Well-Known Member

hope the aim for some big names like a charlize theron for sue storm type of casting

8. NewYorkSpider

I would love to see Andrew Lincoln as Reed Richards.

9. The Overlord

The Overlord Well-Known Member

Well the problem with the original FF movies is they felt like a sit com, rather then a serious sci fi film. There is a huge middle ground between grim and gritty and a sit com, a new FF movie has to be in that middle ground.

10. R_Hythlodeus

R_Hythlodeus Nerd Supreme

A release date means nothing

11. Project862006

we have a director,screen writer,release date and you haters still say it wont happen lololol

the haters will still doubt it even with a trailer and set photos lol

12. Vapor

Vapor Omlette Du Fromage

Reed - Adrien Brody
    Sue - Melissa George
    Johnny - Alex Russell, Jeremy Sumpter
    Ben - Brendan Fraser (motion capture)
    Victor - Jason Isaacs, James Purefoy, William Fichtner

13. Saitou Hajime

Saitou Hajime Well-Known Member

Spider-Man 4 ring a bell? How about The Lone Ranger for a while last year?

14. Project862006

sami raimi got fired people here just dont want it to happen not because it will be delayed or because director will leave or budget will go out of control or the rights will go up but because they want marvel to make it

thats all it really is they have no factual reason behind it that it wont happen but fox hatred and marvel should have it back

hell 99% of SHH said kick ass 2 wasn't gonna happen

15. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

Oh my it's confirmed? What studio?

16. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

How the hell is a movie that's still three years away, "thrown together at the last minute.....?" :huh:

And LOL at the "GET MARVEL RIGHTS BACK!!!" blinkered lot here. As others have already pointed out, Marvel Studios makes TWO FREAKIN' MOVIES A YEAR. Period. If and when they get FF back, either FF gets buried on the Island of Lost Superheroes (tm) who will never see the light of day because of such a limited release schedule; or FF gets made at the expense of some other franchise that gets kicked to the backburner.

17. Project862006

^dont you get it a screen writer a director and a release date of 2015 means they are rushing it

LOLOL

i guess james cameron rushed avatar

18. BatsDC

BatsDC Side-Kicker

Fox

19. mclay18

That was a completely different studio and politics at work there -- Sony and Avi Arad made a boneheaded move overruling Raimi even after he delivered three blockbuster Spidey films in a row (and not giving him creative freedom). And Raimi made the smart choice to leave on his own terms.

Disney should've put the kibosh on The Lone Ranger while it was in development... you don't NEED a freaking Western that costs $200M, let alone $215M-$250M. Westerns are made for a fraction of that price... you don't need movie stars, money-hungry producers or huge CGI setpieces for a low-tech film like that.

Fox is a different, more accommodating studio now. Tom Rothman will be out by the time this pic starts shooting.

20. The Villain

The Villain Well-Known Member

Well I know Dr Doom is a classic baddie but I hope others will get a look at instead.

Maybe less of a threat but I would hope characters like The Wizard, Annihilus, Mole Man may get a decent script or nod from producers etc.

:woot:

21. I SEE SPIDEY

I SEE SPIDEY Well-Known Member

Somebody get Lee Pace for Reed Richards if he doesn't get the lead role in Guardians of the Galaxy. Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2 reminded me how much I love him.

22. Project862006

even tho he is a good actor he may be a bit too young if Ioan Gruffudd was seen as too young lee sure as hell would

23. I SEE SPIDEY

I SEE SPIDEY Well-Known Member

If the cast older fine but in this youth obsessed hollywood I don't expect them to unless they can get a huge star.

24. Jordacar

Jordacar The Endless One

I dunno, RDJ was already past 40 when he first played Tony.

25. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

Ouch. Well, they handled most of X Men well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.