Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 6

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Thread Manager, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Human Torch

Human Torch Well-Known Member

You guys have already made the point,but I agree.The Human Torch not iconic?He was part of Stan's creation of the Marvel Universe.In the very first issue.You don't get more iconic than that.

2. Kelly

Kelly #RESIST

And you could say, he never looked like Jessica Alba's sister. Ever...

And yes the first part of the 2nd movie, holy crap...it was once they got into the forest, and then the last scene...still gives me the creeps.

3. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Fox is a great example.:up:

I don't see why you keep using MAria Hill as an example though. Her eye color and skin tone has changed in the comics pre Avengers film. It is impossible to prove her ethnicity. She could be white, latina or biracial depending on what comic you are reading and even then you would just be making an assumption. Bottom line is the actress resembles her quite a bit and even mirrors her in certain panels. Not the same thing as an actor who can not look like the character they are based on. Which is why some are against the choice of MBJ.

4. VICTORVONDOOMX

VICTORVONDOOMX Never tell me the odds!

He would have been one heck of an actor to pull off looking like Jessica Alba's sister!

5. Kelly

Kelly #RESIST

LMAO.....I didn't even notice that....:doh:

6. NinjaTurtleFan

NinjaTurtleFan Turtle Power!

I hope Josh Trank makes a faithful "Fantastic Four" adaptation (unlike what Tim Story did) but if he does plan to have Michael B. Jordan be Johnny Storm, I'd be ok with the Four being all black.

But if you ask me... this would be the perfect cast:

Billy Crudup or Patrick Wilson- Mr. Fantastic
    Diane Kruger or Charlize Theron- Invisible Woman
    Chris Pine or Eric Christian Olsen-Human Torch
    Domenick Lombardozzi or James Gandolfini- The Thing
    Mark Strong or Mads Mikkelsen- Dr. Doom
    Wayne Knight-Mole Man
    James Earl Jones- Galactus

7. TheComicbookKid

TheComicbookKid Swing n Miss

Superman's Red trunks
    Batman's blue trunks

Characters are iconic. Traits simply help define them. Johnny's "blonde" look is a shorthand more than it's iconic. Johnny and Sue could be white and 1st cousins and that wouldn't change the family dynamic that the FF is about.

8. Kelly

Kelly #RESIST

I was ok until this....

The relationship between siblings is far different than that of 1st cousins.

NOW, you want to call them 1st cousins that grew up like brother and sister, then ok. But that is still a sibling relationship, and would be a stupid change. If they grew up as sister and brother, then they might as well be sister and brother.

9. fixxxer

fixxxer ...goes to 11

However, change ComicbookKid's last sentence to "Johnny and Sue could be of different races, with one or both of them being adopted, and that wouldn't change the family dynamic that the FF is about" and I'm in complete agreement with his post.

10. TheIrishAvenger

TheIrishAvenger You are not special.

'Fantastic Four' Reboot Moving Production From Vancouver to Louisiana (Exclusive)

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/artic...oduction-vancouver-louisiana-exclusive-105601

11. spideyboy_1111

spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

why do i feel like this is old news?

also... very odd that again, none of this was even slightly mentioned at comic con. I don't think this film is happening

12. mclay18

mclay18 Well-Known Member

If they're going to shoot in Louisiana in September... why haven't we heard any confirmed casting news? Is Fox and Trank trying to lock down the four actors before making an announcement?

So many unanswered questions...

13. I SEE SPIDEY

I SEE SPIDEY Well-Known Member

Filming as soon as September with no actors? Okay...

14. Endeavor

Endeavor Que bolá con el timbeque?

Good on Louisiana for the boost to their economy.
    As for this movie starting production - :(

15. Endeavor

Endeavor Que bolá con el timbeque?

I saw this comment in the front page article and it made me LOL
    :pal:

16. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

Because it is. Daily Superhero reported no them moving the production last month remember? They reported it as delays though and not just Fox taking incentives. Very odd, Daily Superhero reported it first and I think studios sometimes use sites like the Wrap, Deadline, etc as a press release arm so they're not necessarily telling the whole truth/story, just what they've been told. Daily Superhero also reported the script hadn't been finalized.

Because they're trying to rush it into production before the rights revert. I'll be mad if they can get away with location shooting as "starting production" and then worry about casting actors and crap and finishing the script later. >.>

17. Figs

Figs Well-Known Member

I'm also surprised that nothing was mentioned at Comic-Con. That would have been the best time and place to announce some of the cast. Two months from shooting, I'm sure they have most of the actors/actresses cast already.

18. Mr. Dent

Not if they're planning on using location shooting as "being in production".

19. wobbly

wobbly Occasional Scribbler

As far as I know scripts, director, even any casting, mean nothing for these deals until the camera's are actually rolling.

Can location shooting (be it just shooting some exterior scenery) really count as 'being in production'?

I dunno...Figure Disney's lawyers will be all over that one way or another.

Hopefully Fox are just stalling now (might be waiting on seeing how Wolverine fares) and the rights will end up back with Marvel.

20. wobbly

wobbly Occasional Scribbler

Also some OTT political correctness gone mad and totally unnecessary 'treading on eggshells' springs to mind.

The Torch is iconic and should be played by a white actor, and for me preferably looking no more than 20 years old and resembling the actress cast as his elder sister. Ideally, both would be natural blondes with blue eyes too.

For some of the overly sensitive out there it seems stating this opinion is sufficient grounds to pull the 'racist' card :whatever:

Whatever, I couldn't care less what they think. I do care that the FF be done right for once, and casting a black actor for Johnny Storm would not doing that, end of story, imo.

21. Willie Lumpkin

Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

Or bluffing.

"Crap! They're on to us. Everybody can see we're not going to make this movie, and Disney's not going to give us anything if they realize we're not serious. Quick, someone leak a story about production in Louisiana getting ready to start!"

That's probably just wishful thinking on my part, but until we have something that shows an actual commitment, there's still at least some hope.

22. spideyboy_1111

spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

it is amusing that the moment more people start questioning this film, all of a sudden we get news about it.

23. Mr. Dent

We'll know soon. Less than two months until September.

24. Mr. Dent

Yeah I noticed that too. lol.

25. Willie Lumpkin

Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

I was actually thinking exactly this on the drive home his evening. With all of us poo-pooing the idea that Fox would actually make the film, Fox would have to react at some point. Whether they intend to make the film or want to get money out of Marvel, they can't remain silent and let us drive the conversation in a vacuum.

Then I get home and see this and it fits exactly what I would have expected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.