Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sue should have a milf-y look anyway. She's not supposed to be a sweet young thang like Alba was. Banks and Chastain are good choices in that regard. Hell, I'd even say Julie Bowen from TV's Modern Family would fit that bill.

(I'd post a pic, but Photobucket sucks right now and isn't working for ****.)

I really cannot see Theron attaching her name to this. Banks is a conventional pick for Sue but I doubt they go that direction. My favorite choice for Sue is Claire Danes but I think it will be someone more like Radha Mitchell.

I'd wanted Abbie Cornish as Sue for awhile, but now I'm kind of hoping she will be Carol if Ms Marvel ever gets on film.

I really cannot see Theron attaching her name to this. Banks is a conventional pick for Sue but I doubt they go that direction. My favorite choice for Sue is Claire Danes but I think it will be someone more like Radha Mitchell.

same charlize who did hancock and snow white and the huntsman

and is in the mad max reboot?

charlize is a very flexible actress who can do dramatic oscar films but will have no problem dipping her toes in summer blockbusters

same charlize who did hancock and snow white and the huntsman

and is in the mad max reboot?

charlize is a very flexible actress who can do dramatic oscar films but will have no problem dipping her toes in summer blockbusters

I'm not saying that Theron is above this type of movie, clearly she does a variety of films. I just think for numerous reasons (money, risk, age) she is not going to be Sue.

For Reed you need someone who can pull off the genius thing without opening his mouth. If Fox is committed to doing this right, the casting is not gonna be easy. If the're just going with someone who looks the part, that will be fairly easy but the movie will suck.
Law can pull off the natural genius thing, and he could pull of Reed's grey hair streaks. These are some recent pics of Jude and seeing him with the beard reminds me of how much I'd like to see Reed with a beard at some point in the movie because he's locked up in his lab and too focused on his work. I want to see Reed's workaholic and anti-social behavior delved into more for the movie as well. It would be a problem for him to lead a team and be a good husband/father at first because he's so focused on his work. I mean, how hard must it be for the smartest man in the world to just slow down and pay attention to his wife and child? Reed should also feel some reluctancy to lead the team in the beginning and grow into the role as the movie progresses.

I think Trank has the potential to deliver some arguments amongst the four that feel genuine, like an actual family. I can't wait to see how Reed and Sue argue.

2012JudeLawPA14459241051112.jpg

Jude+Law+Anna+Karenina+Premiere+Arrivals+2012+sU5AXB5-rEdl.jpg
Crudup can pull off the genius thing as well.

IFP+22nd+Annual+Gotham+Independent+Film+Awards+WeuZFyPgSzGl.jpg

Billy+Crudup+IFP+22nd+Annual+Gotham+Independent+wVbGMHf47lil.jpg

Last edited:
Sue should have a milf-y look anyway. She's not supposed to be a sweet young thang like Alba was. Banks and Chastain are good choices in that regard. Hell, I'd even say Julie Bowen from TV's Modern Family would fit that bill.

(I'd post a pic, but Photobucket sucks right now and isn't working for ****.)
Yes for Julie Bowen!

i'd also want maybe Josh Hutcherson as Johnny Storm

I have a problem with Jude Law as Reed. I think he can pull off the genius part well enough, but he always comes off as slightly sleazy to me. I don't get a man's man vibe from him.

Crudup has already done the physicist-turned-superhero-by-accident thing, so I can't really see him being up for it. I'd like to see Timothy Olyphant get a shot at Reed.

Kyle Maclachlan would have made a great Reed back in the day.

I would like to see

Bruce Greenwood or Alexis Denisoff as Reed
Charlize Theron as Sue(If they can get her to be willing to commit to a franchise.The
Scifi films she has done as usually one shot deals)

you're judging her based on that scream? ridiculous. and it looks fine. issues...

greenwood is too old and charlize is too imposing a figure for this ensemble. 10-15 years ago you mightve been on to something.

I have a problem with Jude Law as Reed. I think he can pull off the genius part well enough, but he always comes off as slightly sleazy to me. I don't get a man's man vibe from him.

Crudup has already done the physicist-turned-superhero-by-accident thing, so I can't really see him being up for it. I'd like to see Timothy Olyphant get a shot at Reed.

who the hell says Reed should be a "man's man"? You're confusing him with Ben Grimm, cuz Reed is a straight up nerd without any physical prowess whatsoever (until the accident anyway).

Law is an actor's actor. The fact that you think of him as "sleazy" is just your own bizarrre personal hangup.

Well technically Reed is supposed to look like this attractive all American guy, as Lee kind of described him. He looks pretty handsome and a little rugged almost but his persona is like a complete 180 of it. He's like Peter Parker in that he's a very attractive dork, but unlike Parker, he's not really self aware and pretty oblivious.

I'm not a massive fan of hers, but I can not stop watching this clip.
I see some inappropriate editing in that gifs future

Technically Sue was 13 when she fell in love with Reed at the boarding house he stayed at, and he was 19. So 6 year difference.
when your 19, 6 years makes a huge difference

Last edited:
Technically Sue was 13 when she fell in love with Reed at the boarding house he stayed at, and he was 19. So 6 year difference.

Well technically Reed is supposed to look like this attractive all American guy, as Lee kind of described him. He looks pretty handsome and a little rugged almost but his persona is like a complete 180 of it. He's like Peter Parker in that he's a very attractive dork, but unlike Parker, he's not really self aware and pretty oblivious.

tumblr_m9ojtsqaGg1r93b1wo1_500.gif

who the hell says Reed should be a "man's man"? You're confusing him with Ben Grimm, cuz Reed is a straight up nerd without any physical prowess whatsoever (until the accident anyway).

Law is an actor's actor. The fact that you think of him as "sleazy" is just your own bizarrre personal hangup.

Stan Lee and Jack Kirby - that's the way they depicted him during their entire run of the FF, and was the model for the next few decades. It has only been within recent years that "smart" has been confused with "nerd." Reed was never a nerd - he has always been smart, confident, a born leader. Let's keep him that way.

I would like to see

Bruce Greenwood or Alexis Denisoff as Reed
Charlize Theron as Sue(If they can get her to be willing to commit to a franchise.The
Scifi films she has done as usually one shot deals)

Bruce Greenwood and Charlize Theron would've been perfect. They're probably a little too old now for this modern audience, although in films of the past, they still would've worked even at this age. I like Reed being older and like the elder statesman of the Marvel Universe. That's what Greenwood is like. He still works as Captain Pike (even though Pike wasn't older in the original series).

so. 2015. time enough to plan it out, I guess. but is the current script in the trash?

Stan Lee and Jack Kirby - that's the way they depicted him during their entire run of the FF, and was the model for the next few decades. It has only been within recent years that "smart" has been confused with "nerd." Reed was never a nerd - he has always been smart, confident, a born leader. Let's keep him that way.

Right and I do not get these qualities from Jude Law. I think that is part of the problem with the previous movies, they depicted Reed as nothing more than an introverted nerd and that stripped him of some necessary character traits that make him great. Like I said, Timothy Olyphant would be a decent choice or maybe even Dermott Mulroney.

Last edited:
Reed isn't a geek. He just doesn't give a s*** what anybody thinks of him, so he doesn't have much social grace, but he was a war hero and bad-ass both mentally and physically prior to getting his powers.

Right and I do not get these qualities from Jude Law. Like I said, Timothy Olyphant would be a decent choice or maybe even Dermott Mulroney.

If people thought Ioan Gruffed was too ineffectual, weak and not rugged enough, then Jude Law is even worse than that.

In the commentary at the back of the "Imaginauts" trade paper back, Mark Waid said that people should stop thinking of Reed as the professor from Gilligan's Island and more like Doc Savage. I think that is a good model. Doc Savage is an adventurer, a man's man and yet a real intellectual as well. That's how I've always imagined Reed. Not some nerdy boffin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"