Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don0t think he deserved to get infracted for that, that a little too much considering he wasn't exactly insulting anybody

:huh:
"posters in this section have to be the most ignorant and close minded i have ever seen."

Really? :huh:

Now, if you agree with him, ok...but that doesn't mean that it was not insulting, flame worthy and did not deserve an infraction.

Last edited:
Ignorance and closed mind are not insults, he's talking about their knowledge of the subject they're discussing, it's not as if he was calling anybody guitar or something like that, he's Basically saying others don't know what they're talking about, not making a true personal insult.

Ignorance and closed mind are not insults, he's talking about their knowledge of the subject they're discussing, it's not as if he was calling anybody guitar or something like that, he's Basically saying others don't know what they're talking about, not making a true personal insult.

See the thing is whether Ignorance and closed minded are insults are relative to those who read it. Me personally I don't take what he's calling me as a insult as more of the frustration that most won't sway to his point of view about Fox/Marvel movies and I've always disagreed with him singing their merits and motivations primarily dealing with the FF. But others he addressing may not be as thick skinned so it comes off as a "flame".

You have to be able to debate without resorting to any personal opinions about the "Posters on this forum" So while I agree with you that this may have not been the most egregious of statements what about the other 9?

Just like I never felt that Back in the Spidermanhype days that Mr. Parker wasn't insulting... Hmmm I guess cause we agreed a lot LOL!!!

We really need some concrete news on what's going on with this franchise.

I figured I might as well throw my cast out there.

Reed Richards/Mr Fantastic-Paul Rudd (I'm aware he's rumored for Ant-Man butt I think he could be a very solid Reed as well)

2iky0sm.jpg

Sue Storm/Invisible Woman-Claire Danes (Talented and beautiful I could see her as a great Sue)

2akn42p.jpg

Johnny Storm/Human Torch-Josh Hutcherson (He has that Teen idol thing going that I feel would work great for Johnny)

vzhil0.jpg

Ben Grimm/The Thing-David Boreanaz (as the football star, who protected his uber intelligent buddy Reed from bullies, and I could just see hear him saying it's clobberin' time!)

2valibl.jpg

Not sure who I want for Alicia or Doom yet.

As for the story I'd like to see Reed discover the N Zone, and have Annihilus as the threat. He'd be cgi and currently not sure who I'd want to voice him.

We really need some concrete news on what's going on with this franchise.

I figured I might as well throw my cast out there.

Reed Richards/Mr Fantastic-Paul Rudd (I'm aware he's rumored for Ant-Man butt I think he could be a very solid Reed as well)

2iky0sm.jpg

Sue Storm/Invisible Woman-Claire Danes (Talented and beautiful I could see her as a great Sue)

2akn42p.jpg

Johnny Storm/Human Torch-Josh Hutcherson (He has that Teen idol thing going that I feel would work great for Johnny)

vzhil0.jpg

Ben Grimm/The Thing-David Boreanaz (as the football star, who protected his uber intelligent buddy Reed from bullies, and I could just see hear him saying it's clobberin' time!)

2valibl.jpg

Not sure who I want for Alicia or Doom yet.

As for the story I'd like to see Reed discover the N Zone, and have Annihilus as the threat. He'd be cgi and currently not sure who I'd want to voice him.
Throw in Eric Bana for Doom and I'll take it.

Actually it seems like them casting young actors is official. Ultimate Fantastic Four it is.

I think Hutcherson is a solid young actor but not right for Johnny. I'm not excited about the choice for Sue and hell no to Bore-enaz as Ben. Paul Rudd would be good as anything because he is a beautiful awesome man.

Actually it seems like them casting young actors is official. Ultimate Fantastic Four it is.

Yeah I saw the rumored names. Just wanted to throw my names out there, and in addition it got the thread of the infraction discussion. For the younger names, I'm in support of Miles Teller.

I think Hutcherson is a solid young actor but not right for Johnny. I'm not excited about the choice for Sue and hell no to Bore-enaz as Ben. Paul Rudd would be good as anything because he is a beautiful awesome man.

What is it about Josh that makes you think he couldn't pull it off? Oh and yes I now remember your "love" of Boreanaz lol ;)

Also as others have said, one of my concerns is if Johnny is the oldest.

Odd choice if that is what they are aiming for....The 616 FF is still in print. over 50 years on and still in print.

The UFF isn't and they are currently a complete mess (Reed is a deformed genocidal nutcase, Ben can turn into a purple energy man as well as the Thing, and is banging Sue to boot as well).

Not the 'go to' source for inspiration, imo.

The UFF isn't and they are currently a complete mess (Reed is a deformed genocidal nutcase, Ben can turn into a purple energy man as well as the Thing, and is banging Sue to boot as well).

No cannibals? Surprise, surprise.

You know who to blame.

Just because they are going for the Ultimate look doesn't necessarily mean they are going for the Ultimate storylines.

They can easily plug them into more traditional 616 story arcs. Marvel Studio's certainly did that with Hawkeye and Black Widow with mixing them with their Ultimate look and 616 characterizations.

There's nothing to say that won't be the case with this as well.

I think the ages of the F4 should be taken from 616, I don't want to see 90210 with powers. I'm tired of teen angst and I don't want to see it with the F4. I can handle Johnny's race changing, but all of the F4 becoming younger is just too much for me. Mix and match some things from both universes, but please don't make them younger.

Why do you assume it's going to be teen angst just because the actors are younger? (I guess youngish, since majority of them are betwewn 23-30 which I would hardly call teens).

X-Men: First Class had a relatively young cast and it was quite a mature movie. Young doesn't automatically mean less mature or more angst.

Odd choice if that is what they are aiming for....The 616 FF is still in print. over 50 years on and still in print.

Doesn't mean they're taking all of the Ultimate FF, with characters like Dr.Doom it seems like they've learned that the original comics way is the best way to go, i'm just calling it as it is from the casting choices, and it'll also be their way of staying away from the last films by having a new origin story.

About Ultimate Marvel, yeah, blame Bendis, but the writers of Ultimate Comics: The Ultimates did turn the mess that was evil genius Reed Richard into an amazing villain.

to be fair, no, he was not talking about there knowledge on a subject, he was referring to people not wanting a black actor in the role. There's other ways to get your points across without insult involved.

agrees... completely

Just because they are going for the Ultimate look doesn't necessarily mean they are going for the Ultimate storylines.

They can easily plug them into more traditional 616 story arcs. Marvel Studio's certainly did that with Hawkeye and Black Widow with mixing them with their Ultimate look and 616 characterizations.

There's nothing to say that won't be the case with this as well.

I wouldn't say widow was the "ultimate look persay" considering that look is still pretty accurate to her 616 look too... and hawkeye was a psuedo mix of both, at least with the purple color to boot.

Why do you assume it's going to be teen angst just because the actors are younger? (I guess youngish, since majority of them are betwewn 23-30 which I would hardly call teens).

X-Men: First Class had a relatively young cast and it was quite a mature movie. Young doesn't automatically mean less mature or more angst.

most of those actors, in hollywood standards still play pretty young adults/teens. This isn't the past anymore, where teens even sometimes looked 30 due to hair, maturity, and clothing... nearly all of the rumored actors look like children, and imo... hard to take too seriously in such a role. Teen/College movies, sure... but... not the Fantastic Four

most of those actors, in hollywood standards still play pretty young adults/teens. This isn't the past anymore, where teens even sometimes looked 30 due to hair, maturity, and clothing... nearly all of the rumored actors look like children, and imo... hard to take too seriously in such a role. Teen/College movies, sure... but... not the Fantastic Four

That's why i said it seems like they're taking the Ultimate Fantastic Four route, otherwise why would they be casting so young actors?

to be fair, no, he was not talking about there knowledge on a subject, he was referring to people not wanting a black actor in the role. There's other ways to get your points across without insult involved.

Ignorance is somebody not knowing about that particular subject, i don't count that as an insult

That's why i said it seems like they're taking the Ultimate Fantastic Four route, otherwise why would they be casting so young actors?

Ignorance is somebody not knowing about that particular subject, i don't count that as an insult

it's not the meaning of the word, it's the context.

Calling people ignorant for not wanting a white character to be black... is not simply saying "You don't know anything about the subject" which is completely incorrect to the context.

What is it about Josh that makes you think he couldn't pull it off? Oh and yes I now remember your "love" of Boreanaz lol
I don't know Lobo I just can't see him playing a reckless hothead. I guess he could do it I just can't picture it. He seems to come off as too sensitive and nice guy on screen to play Johnny. I haven't seen all of his work though so maybe my mind can be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"