Far From Home Easter eggs and Cameos

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' started by gdw, Jul 9, 2019.

1. gdw

gdw Registered

Thought this was worth a thread of it's own, particularly seeing as how many are crammed into this film.

There are LOTS of nods and references to the source material inspirations for the Elementals, from lcense plates reference all four first appearances, to Buzzfeed name checking Morris Bench.

There's at least ONE that I haven't seem ANYONE point out yet though. Spoiler tags to follow. Although it happens early in the movie, it foreshadows HUGE spoilers later on.

So, did anyone else spot
    Goose the Flerken
    when the class arrives at their first hotel? Right when the teacher walks in and steps in the water, towards the bottom of the screen you'll see him just sitting there.

I caught this on my second viewing, and almost blurted it out before realizing that it could spoil
    the big Fury/Talos twist
    to my wife, who hadn't seen it yet.
    I also noticed a few other bits that give nods to this plot point throughout the film. I'm sure many have picked up on at least
    when Fury and Hill are discussing Kree sleeper cells, and when Fury says Beck is not from "your World" to Peter, rather than "our World."

I could go on, but I figure that's as good a start as any. What did everyone else notice?

2. SpeterMan3

SpeterMan3 SpeterTV on YT

Hill calls Fury "Nick" multiple times, which is another hint.
    And various comic numbers and dates and whatnot. I feel like I noticed more, but I'm tired.. lol

3. gdw

gdw Registered

LOL, how the hell did I NOT notice that one. Though now that I think about it, I feel like she's done that in other MCU films as well. Of course that would have been before that was "established."

4. gdw

gdw Registered

Just noticed the spelling error in the thread title. Any chance a mod could fix that for us? Pretty please?

5. Schlosser85

Schlosser85 Watchful Protector

It is done.

6. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

It still says "Camoes" in the title thread rather than "Cameos".

7. Leo Zelinsky

Leo Zelinsky Mutie

Finding Wakanda

8. NHawk19

NHawk19 insert witty comment

Mysterio calls it Earth 616. That aint 616. Wonder if they did that as a clue.

9. ultimatereserve

ultimatereserve Registered

Along with the mentions of Nick being a Skrull when Peter asks about Captain Marvel he says “dont invoke her name” which wouldn't be a Fury response

10. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Registered

Honestly, that's the one I noticed upon reflection along with the comment on Kree sleeper cells.

Regarding the Elementals, I like that they namedropped Hydroman. They also more directly referenced Cyclone since he's probably the most obscure of the four.

11. NHawk19

NHawk19 insert witty comment

They open the movie with Hill calling him Nick. That's got to be a call back to the scene in Capt. Marvel. especially after the end credits.

12. MovieSlave

MovieSlave Registered

On second viewing I caught the banner on the construction fence below the Avengers Tower that some have talked about. It says something like, "We can't wait to show you what comes next" and has a 1.....2.....3......? :cool:

It could be a nod towards Phase 4 but I believe Kevin Feige said in the past they won't be referring to them as phases anymore.

FF4

shinlyle likes this.
  13. ultimatereserve

ultimatereserve Registered

On the sleeper cell deal-i think this, the giant ship with many smaller battle ships and the fact that Captain Marvel 2/Guardians 3 are all A-OK now and the disputes settled, i think this move has alot to do with setting up the Kree/Skrull war.

14. shinlyle

shinlyle King of the Haters

I caught this in the theater, and almost screamed. It's Fantastic 4. It HAS TO BE. To not start the ball rolling in that direction when they can would be insane....give us a Spidey/Human Torch team-up. NOW.

MovieSlave likes this.