Fargo - FX Greenlights Limited Series

I thought he would slap her. Wasn't expecting THAT much of a reaction.

Jeez, Lester's wife was awful. It's like they took everything bad everyone ever said about Skyler White and then doubled it. I couldn't even really feel bad when he gave her that first bop on the head.

I'm actually rooting for Freeman and Bob Thornton even though they are probably going to be caught/killed.

BBT is like a mischievous devil spreading chaos and anarchy where ever he goes :woot:

Im glad they had the cop at the end act intelligently and let BBT go instead of being a dumbass and trying to enforce the law. I hate when cops in movies and shows do dumb things all for the soul purpose of the law must be upheld.

The whole thing with telling the kid to pee in his bosses gas tank and then calling to tell her he's doing it makes me wonder how long before BBT's character screws over Lester.

The whole thing with telling the kid to pee in his bosses gas tank and then calling to tell her he's doing it makes me wonder how long before BBT's character screws over Lester.

That was :lmao:, but it did make me wonder about him. I think he just did that for ****s and giggles, but he seems like the type that would cut Lester loose if he needed to. There doesnt seem to be emotions with him. Its all business.

I'm actually rooting for Freeman and Bob Thornton even though they are probably going to be caught/killed.

BBT is like a mischievous devil spreading chaos and anarchy where ever he goes :woot:

That's my interpretation too, while not supernatural or anything, I think the writers are really trying to build BBT up as this devil personified type character. He just strolls into town, kind of finagles some poor sap into a deal or wish, tempts everybody he comes in contact with, and just sows chaos everywhere... I love it :woot:

I liked the nod to the woodchipper.

So would you all recommend watching this even if I haven't actually seen the original Coen Brothers' film?

So would you all recommend watching this even if I haven't actually seen the original Coen Brothers' film?

Yep. They don't share characters or anything. But the movie is great too and it's only a minute longer than the pilot.

Yeah, it's got the same feel as the film, but it's not a continuation or anything that you would be completely lost without seeing beforehand.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/04/fargo-jumps-68-in-live-3-day-premiere-stats/
‘Fargo’ Jumps 68% In Live + 3 Day Premiere Stats
By THE DEADLINE TEAM

Fargo: the most DVR-lifted drama/miniseries premiere in FX history.

From Live+Same Day to Live+3, the series premiere episode of Fargo jumped 68% — from 2.65 million to 4.46 million total viewers. The multi telecast gross audience for the premiere episode at 10 PM and two encore airings on Tuesday night was 6.38 million total viewers on Live+3; the gross audience on Live _ Same Day had been 4.15 million. For comparison sake here are previous FX Live + Same Day to Live + 3 Day total viewers highs: The Bridge (53%), The Americans (44%), and even greater percentage gain than those show’s Live+Same Day to Live+7 lift. FX estimates that when Fargo’s Live+7 data becomes available, it will among the Top 5 most-watched drama/miniseries debut ever on FX (out of 18 dating back to The Shield in 2002). Here are current Top 5: No. 1 American Horror Story: Coven, 7.77 million; No. 2 American Horror Story: Asylum, 5.5 million; No. 3 The Americans, 5.11 million; #4 The Bridge, 5.07 million; #5 Justified, 4.94 million.

In the demo, Fargo climbed 74% from Live+Same Day to Live+3 (from 1.02 million to 1.78 million). That’s a much bigger jump, percentage-wise, than all prior FX drama/miniseries premieres, most recently The Bridge (67%) and The Americans (48%).

Man, that scene with Colin Hanks was tense.

On one hand I wanted BBT to get away and continue being a badass but I didn't want Hanks to get slaughtered.

and I was shocked the wife got a hammer to the head. I thought BBT was going to be hired to kill her.

He reminded me of a more impish Anton Chigurh from No Country. Chigurh with a sense of humor.

And a moderately less terrible haircut.

Really solid episode. Nice to see 'Dennis', and Adam Goldberg...

Found out my cable provider will not be showing Fargo any longer. I hate that I even watched the first episode now!

Another great episode last night. I love that they keep throwing Lebowski references in there.

Also, it's hilarious watching Saul Goodman play a total dumbass lol.

Last edited:
Yeah, the second episode was as good as the pilot. Glad I kept watching. :)

BBT just dropping his pants and taking a dump while that guy went off on him made me laugh out loud :lmao:

I wonder why BBT kept the tape recording?

Lester is a terrible liar.

Bastard in a basket!!!

I love Molly Solverson. She will become one of tv's best heroes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"