Fargo - FX Greenlights Limited Series

Everybody loves pie...

Oh, I’m so happy this beautiful world is back into our hearts. I can barely enjoy the plot while gazing at the sets and costumes. All of those delightful coats and hats are aces.

Huston’s dirty cop might be stealing the show already.

Good little set up, excited to see where it goes.

It honestly amazes me that they didn't get Olyphant in this show sooner after being in one of the greatest FX shows of all time. I'm glad he's finally in it though, because the man is awesome and all kinds of badass.

This episode was slightly better than the first two but I'm just not feeling this season yet. I hope it picks up.

It honestly amazes me that they didn't get Olyphant in this show sooner after being in one of the greatest FX shows of all time. I'm glad he's finally in it though, because the man is awesome and all kinds of badass.
He's perfect for this. :D

I'm not really a huge fan of fart jokes- that's also two now between this and Donatello in the premiere- but Swanee having that massive indigestion attack was somewhat funny, if just for how awkward it made the robbery. I guess Oraetta's pie wasn't meant to kill as much as just incapacitate.

Also, speaking of the nurse, I'll never hear the Battle Hymn of the Republic the same way again.

I'm not really a huge fan of fart jokes- that's also two now between this and Donatello in the premiere- but Swanee having that massive indigestion attack was somewhat funny, if just for how awkward it made the robbery. I guess Oraetta's pie wasn't meant to kill as much as just incapacitate.

Also, speaking of the nurse, I'll never hear the Battle Hymn of the Republic the same way again.
I was laughing quite hard at the indigestion myself, lol :p

The indigestion bit in the last episode did make me laugh, but I really didn't care for the fart jokes in this episode either. The handjob scene in the car got me though and that is the kind of humor that works for this show the best IMO, but its not like it ruined the episode for me, because overall I still really enjoyed it.

As much as I am enjoying this season you really could cut some of these side characters out of it. I have no problem with the performances, but Ethelrida and her family with the aunt and her escape convict girlfriend are like the least interesting characters in this season so far IMO.

I know why there in it, but a part of me just wishes that this season was more about just the mobsters and the cops, because that's what I'm loving the most about it.

As much as I am enjoying this season you really could cut some of these side characters out of it. I have no problem with the performances, but Ethelrida and her family with the aunt and her escape convict girlfriend are like the least interesting characters in this season so far IMO.

I know why there in it, but a part of me just wishes that this season was more about just the mobsters and the cops, because that's what I'm loving the most about it.

I think every season needs an innocent character amidst the violence.

Might have laughed more in that episode, than any prior. Fargo at its best... sadistically hilarious.

I missed couple episodes. Hoping to catch up.

I think every season needs an innocent character amidst the violence.

Yeah, Ethelrida and her family are there to ground the story. The show and the original movie are about when regular everyday people get involved in webs of crime and violence. Speaking of which, this season is slowly leading to what is probably going to be an absolute bloodbath. The two warring families are named Cannon and Fadda, put those together and you get "cannon fodder".

Yeah, Ethelrida and her family are there to ground the story. The show and the original movie are about when regular everyday people get involved in webs of crime and violence. Speaking of which, this season is slowly leading to what is probably going to be an absolute bloodbath. The two warring families are named Cannon and Fadda, put those together and you get "cannon fodder".

...I feel like an idiot for not getting that.

Also, was nice to see Mort Kellerman appear briefly in this week's episode, considering we know his character will soon be killed, as per Season 2.

Chris rock spitting facts at his wife and mother in law was funny. I also enjoy the crazy Italian brother's rants about everything

He’s amazing, I don’t get some of the negative feedback on him... he’s like Bane and Jack Black from High Fidelity had a son.

I am really going to miss Glynn Turman in this, but what a way to go out. So many standout scenes in this episode and that confrontation at the diner was definitely one of them. Chris Rock chewing out both the wife and her mother was awesome too as well as seeing Josto confront the gang with his crew at that jail.

I don't see how people aren't enjoying the scenes with Gaetano when he is easily one of the best characters to come out of this season so far. The dude is a literal ticking time bomb waiting to go off and you can just see it in his eyes. He's also a psychopathic and unpredictable asf which makes him an even scarier character IMO.

I think this most recent episode was Chris Rock's best performance thus far.

One of my minor critiques early in the season was how Chris Rock felt like more of a side character who hadn't had many scenes to flex his acting chops. Others like Jason Schwartzmann and Glynn Turman had plenty of opportunities, but I didn't get that early on from Rock- arguably the show's biggest player. Slowly but surely, though, that's changed. I think his best scene thus far was at the dinner table with Dibrell and Thurman.

He’s amazing, I don’t get some of the negative feedback on him... he’s like Bane and Jack Black from High Fidelity had a son.

I mean, it is a pretty over-the-top performance to be fair. I've seen some comparisons to Wario, which is hilarious to me. But I don't think it's out of place within the larger tone; this show is home to a lot of extreme and often weird characters.

He comes across as a younger Vincent D'onofrio if he was playing a mobster in a Wes Anderson movie.

Right on the heels of seeing Mort Kellerman, now we see Joe Bulo, too? I didn't think there'd be such a connection to Season 2, but Hawley managed to slowly connect it in a way that feels organic.

Kind of like seeing the red scraper in that flashback in Season 1, I like how any connections to the movie or other seasons are underplayed and you'd only notice if you follow the film/series. I mean, besides Season 2 being a direct prequel to Season 1, it's nice that you can watch these seasons and not have to look for or expect any ties to previous installments, but when you get them, there's this feeling of satisfaction. I feel, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"