Fargo - FX Greenlights Limited Series

BBT just dropping his pants and taking a dump while that guy went off on him made me laugh out loud :lmao:

I wonder why BBT kept the tape recording?

Lester is a terrible liar.

It looked to me like he was deriving some pleasure out of hearing Lester crumble like that over the phone. The guy clearly enjoys bringing out the worst in people.

I don't know who to root for.

The bad guys are so evil yet charming.

and the good guys are down right lovable.

I guess the good guys win slightly since they are clearly outnumbered. :hehe:

EVERYBODY on this show is awesome. :D Oliver Platt, Glenn Howerton... every person they've introduced has been great.

Anyone listen to the Fargo Talks Fargo Podcast?

It's pretty good, even by a couple of folks from 'Fargo'.

Last edited:
I thought BBT was listening to the phone conversation to determine whether or not Lester was setting him up.

This show, man, this show. The movie had a crook who was quiet and this show has a crook who can't speak. :awesome:

I thought BBT was listening to the conversation because Lester is the only one who actually listened to him. I mean sure people probably have listened to him before but I don't think anyones gone as far as killed a person. So I think he listens to it to remind himself that it actually happened.

I thought BBT was listening to the phone conversation to determine whether or not Lester was setting him up.

This show, man, this show. The movie had a crook who was quiet and this show has a crook who can't speak. :awesome:
Agree.

I loved this episode. Better then the first. I am firmly on board. :yay:

I got the impression Malvo had the recording because he probably records every phone conversation he has. He kept the one with Lester, I'm assuming, because now he can blackmail Lester. As to why he was listening to it over and over, I think Malvo got a real thrill of having Lester call him for help (even though he was actually planning to kill Malvo and pin it all on him).

Stunning episode, really slow burn but those Molly scenes were delicious.

BBT is so awesome in this role.

I love how ominous the Adam Goldberg/Sign Language guys are...

Yeah, another perfect episode. I'm loving this show so much.

Was there a Lebowski reference in this one? If so, I didn't catch it.

Poor little doggie. :(

Poor little doggie. :(

Yeah I didnt like that at all.:cmad:

That was on the prettiest Rotts Ive ever seen tho. If ever am stable enough with enough room Im gonna have one. Pretty animals and they are huge loving babies if you raise them properly.

Malvo officially crossed the line by killing the dog.

He's still entertaining as **** though.

I really like the team up of Molly and Gus.

Malvo is undoubtedly a bastard, but he is great fun to watch.

Malvo is a really interesting villain largely because he seems to be doing these bad things only for his own amusement. He's gaining nothing from pouring pig's blood into someone's shower or killing a dog to torment the person he's working for. Rarely do you see an antagonist just doing stuff for the heck of it. It's reminiscent of the Joker but in The Dark Knight at least the character had a point he was trying to make with his actions about the fallen nature of man. Malvo has no such discernible aims.

Love a villain who does evil stuff just for the fun of it. Seeing a bad man troll a bunch of idiots is messed up yet entertaining.

My favourite lines

Blackmailer: "I'm confused". Malvo:"That's ok I'm not" :funny:
Gina Hess, on her kids: “I’ve taken s**** I wanna live with more than them.

Malvo's character is going to be one to remember. The two hit men are awesome too.

Yeah I didnt like that at all.:cmad:

That was on the prettiest Rotts Ive ever seen tho. If ever am stable enough with enough room Im gonna have one. Pretty animals and they are huge loving babies if you raise them properly.

It looked a lot like mine. Mine's a little chubbier though.

I imagine it must be a challenge keeping Rotties trim. :( They look like they like to eat.

Malvo is a really interesting villain largely because he seems to be doing these bad things only for his own amusement. He's gaining nothing from pouring pig's blood into someone's shower or killing a dog to torment the person he's working for. Rarely do you see an antagonist just doing stuff for the heck of it. It's reminiscent of the Joker but in The Dark Knight at least the character had a point he was trying to make with his actions about the fallen nature of man. Malvo has no such discernible aims.

I'd say the pigs blood was to push Platt's character to pay the ransom.

That was some horse head in your bed kind of scenario.

Billy Bob was outstanding this episode...

Love that it's in the same timeline as the film; the Grocery King found the Million Dollars that Buscemi hid in the snow in 1987.

Billy Bob Thornton was electric in this episode!

Malvo pretending to be the minister was hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"