Fargo - FX Greenlights Limited Series

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Sawyer, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Hamill-Joker Registered

That was awesome.

2. Brother Jack The Penitent Man

This Malvo guy might as well be the devil himself. I would imagine he will eventually get defied because so far he's been unstoppable.

3. squeekness The mighty squeek!

He is obviously perfect for the job. I can't think of anyone who would be better in this role. :)

4. CapLover Registered

That was impressive.

This show has me laughing for most of the episode, and then suddenly, brutally you STOP laughing because you can't believe what just happened. :doh:

5. Blitzkrieg Bop Fight Owens Fight

I finally get it, Malvo is short for malevolent.

I haven't caught any Lebowski references, but I did get the Pulp Fiction one last week with the bourbon and milkshakes.

Malvo seems to be going full on Moses, which makes me wonder what the next plague will be. Fire, darkness, or perhaps death of the firstborn?

#105 Blitzkrieg Bop, May 7, 2014
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
  6. DarkSovereignty Ooga Chakka

Oh damn, I forgot about the first born part, I hope he doesn't kill that poor kid. But god damn, I love this show.

7. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

I just love watching Malvo troll people.

8. Whiskey Tango Registered

Finally got to watch the pilot and loved it. The whole episode was over before I knew it. I'm baffled by that guy who thought it was too slow. Guess if there isn't an explosion every thirty seconds attention spans wander.

They really nailed the feel of the movie. BBT and Freeman were both great. Hoping to catch up this weekend.

9. TheUnknownX Find x.

I finally caught up, BBT is great!

10. Rowsdower! Registered

Lebowski references:

In the first episode, there is a sign in the diner advertising white Russians.

In the second and fourth episodes, the name "Knutson" is used. In episode 2, "Saul" mentions "Mrs. Knutson," and in episode 4, one of the deputies is revealed to also have the name.

I'm not sure if there was a reference in the third episode; if there was, I didn't catch it.

11. DarkSovereignty Ooga Chakka

Good god...I was legitimately scared for Colin hanks this episode...

12. Keyser Soze AW YEEEAH!

Controversial opinion time, bracing myself for the wall of fire here.... now we're at the halfway point, I'm starting to come to the conclusion that Fargo is even better than True Detective.

13. Hamill-Joker Registered

For me, this is the best show on TV that is not on HBO.

14. James Built from Lego

The only thing I didn't like this episode (and I really, really liked this episode) was S.W.A.T opening fire on that house. It seems very unlikely that they would just let rip like that without knowing who or what was inside. Grimly opening fire on an unidentified person makes sense, he should have been a postman, but I didn't buy the S.W.A.T and co all going into cowboy mode like that. That said, I guess worse things happen in real life, so it's probably not all that out there -still would have been nice to see them establish a lack of hostages first or something though.

Other than that, damn! Lester sure is a rotten, sneaky fellow. Malvo continues to be a source of endless entertainment, but Lester has also become really engaging to watch -if only to see what terrible thing he does next.

15. antsman41 Belongs To Prince

I wouldn't pass the idiot police to do something like that around here. Usually, since the midwest is typically calm... whenever there is excitement, the cops over-do it.

I don't get the fish thing, was that another trick of Malvo's? If so, how'd he pull it off... or if not, what the hell?

I know Coen's tend to randomly pull off something magical/otherworldly here-and-there but that might be pushing it.

It hasn't broke the show for me but might leave a sour taste after so much amazing.

Lester is one tricky fellow, donchaknow.

They really depicted a mid-day whiteout perfectly. You literally can't see ****, when it's bright, snowing, and blowing.

16. Hamill-Joker Registered

Likely a coincidence, it is a real thing than can sometimes happen. Probably came with the storm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raining_animals

17. antsman41 Belongs To Prince

Well if it was a thunderstorm, or tornado I'd believe it... But all of the fish would be stuck under a foot of ice during this snow storm.

18. James Built from Lego

Hopefully they'll explain the fish thing in the next episode -I'd heard of it before, fish falling from the sky- it does happen (as per Hamill-Joker's link) but I did feel that it was an odd thing to throw in there without any context.

19. squeekness The mighty squeek!

I was thinking this as well. Confusing.

Also, I get how Lester snuck out of his hospital room, but how did he sneak back in without the cop seeing him return?

20. JC00 Registered

He didn't sneak back into the room. It's pretty clear he pushed the bed he left into a random room and then waited for the nurse to find him.

21. squeekness The mighty squeek!

Ah, I didn't get that. :(

22. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

I want Lester and Malvo to get away with it even though I know they won't. The deaf guy is probably going back to the mob for reinforcements.

23. Rowsdower! Registered

Yeah, the raining fish thing confused me too, because they would all be under a sheet of ice. Unless there is some other reason the fish fell like that... maybe they got dumped out of a plane? The whole thing sadly felt a little derivative of Magnolia (which ironically also starred William H. Macy).

That aside... I loved the throwback to the original Fargo with Oliver Platt not deciding to leave the parking garage early and refusing to pay.

24. Blackman C'mon Son

how are the ratings for this

25. JJJ's Ulcer Registered

The "raining fish" thing was a bit too random or dues ex machina. Everything that has happened in this show has been the result of either the characters' poor decisions or their great planning so far, and that felt…. off. Besides that I love this series, so I can excuse one questionable moment (that still made for a great visual).