Fargo - FX Greenlights Limited Series

Lakes are all frozen, no way those fish can be transplanted because of that even if it's 'possible' during nice seasons...

I just figured it out.

Malvo dropped the fish out of a cargo plane.

Crafty devil.

Malvo isn't that god-like. It was most likely the big blizzard storm that, uh, "displaced" the fish.

Stealing a fish truck (or more likely, intimidating the driver to just hand it over) doesn't require any god-like powers.

Lakes are all frozen, no way those fish can be transplanted because of that even if it's 'possible' during nice seasons...

They could have come from hundreds of miles away. Also, a river.

Malvo pretending to be the minister was hilarious.
Especially considering...

This Malvo guy might as well be the devil himself.
I've been thinking that for weeks now lol he's like a creepier eviler version of Mike Carrey's Lucifer

I watched Fargo for the first time the weekend leading into new year and I didn't think much of it but when I saw the supermarket dude come across the money Buscemi left in the snow it was like seeing a hail mary pass get caught I was blown away.

Wow... another magnificent episode.

Lester sure thinks he's sly.

That building exterior tracking shot for that Malvo attack was tremendous.

Had a feeling Molly wasn't dead.

I think Gordo noticing Lester sneak out of the house is going to be his downfall as the series comes to a close.

As crazy as this sounds, I actually want to Lester to get away with all of it. His wife was a complete monster, (Not saying she deserved it, but I can't feel sorry for what happened to her either) He didn't actually intend to kill her, from what I recall.

After she kept egging him on to hit her, He gave her a light bop to the head. From the look on his face, he didn't realize he had killed her, until the blood started pouring from her hair.. so it wasn't like some malicious premeditated thing.

I actually feel sorry for the guy. The series implies that he's been tortured for years by all sorts of people. His nasty brother, his psychologically abusive wife, and that bully Sam Hess.

But Chazz didn't deserve to be setup like that. I did sortof feel sorry for him in the intro to last night's episode..

This show is very addictive.

C'mon, after he set up his brother he went from someone who was naive and lost to being a complete monster.

At least Malvo has some sort of code.

Lester was shaped by society into becoming the monster he is now.

Still a monster though. I feel no sympathy for him, I just understand why he does what he does whereas with Malvo I do not.

Lester was shaped by society into becoming the monster he is now.

I disagree. Lester was shaped into what he is now by being a sissy. It's not society's fault he couldn't stand up for himself, and became a sneaky murderous psycho.

Yeah, Lester has really become a horrible bastard of a person. It's been fascinating to watch though. He's gone through a bit of a Walter White-like transformation in a fraction of the time. He's now as entertaining to watch as Malvo, although what he did to his brother was horrible. Sure, his brother is a *****e, but he didn't deserve that. Damn.

Molly lives up to her name, Solverson. She's going to be the one to bring it all together at the end. Really love this character, my favorite of the show.

Lester deserves whatever's coming malicious his way. However, banging his bully's wife is another example of great writing in this show. How are we supposed to feel about that? I was conflicted myself and I think that was the intention.

Gus is no longer wallowing in guilt, so with Molly being the first one to cut him a break, it could be a turning point for him.

Key and Peele are perfectly cast. If those two Feds weren't played by comedic actors, then they'd be incredibly stupid, but because it's them two, it's very humorous.

The deaf goon is going to have a role to play later on. We haven't seen the last of him.

Gophers!

Yeah, Lester has really become a horrible bastard of a person. It's been fascinating to watch though. He's gone through a bit of a Walter White-like transformation in a fraction of the time. He's now as entertaining to watch as Malvo, although what he did to his brother was horrible. Sure, his brother is a *****e, but he didn't deserve that. Damn.

He's like Walt without the excuses. Or any redeeming qualities, if Walt had any. Lester can't say he's doing what he's doing for his family or because he's dying. He's doing these simply because he can. Because he was never a good person to begin with, just an oppressed coward.

James said:
I disagree. Lester was shaped into what he is now by being a sissy. It's not society's fault he couldn't stand up for himself, and became a sneaky murderous psycho.

I don't know. Lester (Up until he murdered his wife, anyway) was portrayed as a nice guy who got dumped on for no reason. There were several moments in the first episode when he would be seen having a casual conversation with his wife or brother and for no reason at all they'd throw in insults that he is a "loser" or "not a man"

To turn it around and say he deserved it all because he was "a sissy" that just seems like something a bully would say.

Of course, he's changed a lot since then. He's not as sympathetic now as he was in the first episode. That grin as he passed his brother in the jail cell, total transformation from the old, timid Lester.

I'm not stupid enough to think he'll actually get away with it all, but if he did, I'd be okay with it.

Last edited:
Lester's basically being bullied his entire life. So everything he's doing now has been pent up for many years. It wasn't just like he became evil because someone was mean to him once that's all I'm trying to say.

To me, Lester is like the Joker. He snapped after having one bad day. Instead of an chemical bath he met Malvo. He spent his whole life following the rules and look where that got him. He just doesn't care anymore.

Just goes to show you should never bully anyone because all this could happen to you. :p

To turn it around and say he deserved it all because he was "a sissy" that just seems like something a bully would say.

I'm happy to have a conversation with you discussing the show and what we do and don't agree on (it's why we frequent these boards after all), but please don't put words in my mouth. Not once did I say Lester deserved the treatment he got from others.

My overall point was that it's not being picked on that turned Lester into what he is now. Plenty of people have lives like Lester's and don't turn to murder, framing family members, etc. His brother said it in a previous episode, Lester has something missing, something wrong with him. Which isn't to say the bullying didn't push him over the edge, perhaps if Lester had lead a happier life (or learned to stand up for himself once in a while) he wouldn't have flipped - but my feeling is the constant berating wasn't the cause of criminal endeavors, just the extra ingredient that gave him the reason (excuse?) to finally let loose what was already there (or not there, as the case may be)

Okay, I understand what you mean now. Sorry, I meant no offense by what I said.

Still, to say to a person 'there's something missing with you' is a tremendous insult, and yet another act of verbal abuse. Maybe there is something missing with Lester, since he later on, killed his wife, but Chazz wasn't aware of that.

I don't think Lester murdered her on purpose though. He gave her a bump on the head to shut her up, but he didn't realize that quick whack was enough to kill her. At that point, he just said 'screw it' and decided to let loose his aggression on her, since she was already dead. So yeah, after that first tap, the mentally unhinged Lester came out.

Lester is enjoying these acts of revenge a little too much though. The creepy smiles he's been seen with in recent episodes really show that the old Lester is dead and something else has taken over.

I doubt it would happen, but I could see Lester and Malvo starting a life of crime together as the series ends.

Loved Malvo's killing spree in that building. Great way to show it without being graphically violent and bloody.

Look's like Lester is getting his revenge against all those who have wronged him throughout his life. I'm actually rooting for him to get away with it all. Only one thing stands in his way…Molly. :chad:

Loved Key and Peele's appearance

Had a feeling Molly wasn't dead.
She's the competant detective it would be a waste for her to die so soon
I think Gordo noticing Lester sneak out of the house is going to be his downfall as the series comes to a close.

As crazy as this sounds, I actually want to Lester to get away with all of it. His wife was a complete monster, (Not saying she deserved it, but I can't feel sorry for what happened to her either) He didn't actually intend to kill her, from what I recall.
I want him to get caught! Killing his awful wife, intending to double cross malvo but when that doesn't work planting the gun on his nephew, setting up his brother for murder, ****ing the widow under very very false pretenses(pretty much coercion in my book and no intent to deliver on what understood to be agreed upon) Lester certainly deserves punishment more than the Main dude from the original Fargo. Malvo is more of a monster but at least he's entertaining

Walter White always had the excuse that everything he did was for his family. Lester is out for himself. Anyone who gives him a dirty look now is in danger. He is riding high on his own ego after his plan to frame his brother worked (for now) and having sex with the widow Hess. He has gone from sympathetic to wretched.

Walter never did it for his family. That was a lie he told himself to justify his actions. He admitted that in the finale.

At one point, he had made plenty of money to be set for life. He didn't need to go back to meth cooking, but he wanted to for his own ego, greed and sense of power. Walter White and Lester are both rotten characters who were once sympathetic. (One had cancer, the other was bullied his whole life)

I tend to feel a little more sympathy for Lester though, becuase he never flat-out intended to kill anyone. As I mentioned before, I don't think he intended on killing his wife. Now he's just dishing out some revenge on all who did him wrong.

His ego will be his downfall. As much as I want him to get away with it, I got a feeling either Molly or Malvo will end up killing him.

Banging your tormentors hot wife is probably the best revenge; although it would've been better if Hess was around to have it rubbed in his face.

His ghost probably watched the two, screaming: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"