Fast and the Furious 9: The Fast Saga

Yes, that's what I meant. Sorry, got confused which thread I was in.

Dwayne told MTV News that, as it stands right now, he's not in Fast 9, but that he does expect to eventually come back into the main franchise, citing that "Dom and Hobbs have unfinished business".

Translation:

I hate vins guts and my movie is gonna be a hit and then Ill never have to work with him again

I kind of hope his spinoff ends up making more than Fast 9. That would certainly piss off Vin... and Tyrese.

I didn't know Justin Lin was coming back to direct this one, cool!

I think people have made a connection with the characters, and like any other long running franchise, you're always going to have fans that don't like the creative direction they go in just to prolong the franchise. I get you can't just keep making the exact same movie again with no character growth (something Marvel movies tend to do) but the answer to that isn't just going bigger and stupider.

I do think Fast 6 was the peak of the franchise with Fast 5 a close second.

I really enjoyed Fast 5, Furious 6 and Fast 8. I'm not tired of these movies yet and as long as they keep delivering on the action I'm all for it.

Universal just pushed it back again to May 22, 2020. Now it’s directly up against Godzilla vs. Kong and Spongebob 3.

Spongebob versus the cast of fast and the furious is not something I was expecting to read today

Production Weekly has the filming start date listed for June. It was originally supposed to be earlier than that. This is just speculation on my part, but if you told me that the reason behind all this is so they can get Dwayne in the movie, I’d absolutely believe you.

I'm interested to see who they get to play the baddie this time.

I’m not against a new villain, but I still want some resolution with the Charlize Theron character.

Two villains would be cool. Cipher and someone new.

Is Hobbs going to be in this at all? Or do the Rock and Vin hate each other so much that they won't even appear in another movie where they film 0 scenes together?

I don’t either necessarily but it will just feel weird if he’s not involved.

I don't think he will. I think the Rock is waiting to see how Hobbs & Shaw does before committing to a Fast 10. If it's a blockbuster, he can just make sequels to that spin-off series and avoid Vin and Tyrese altogether.

Hilarious

But intriguing. Trading one ex wrestler for another. And Cena is a good choice

The obvious step.

The question now is: Will we be able to see John Cena in this movie?

*wrestling fans will understand the reference*

Cena’s character should be named Duke Cobbs just as an even bigger FU to the Rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"