Fat Man on Batman Podcast

bunk

superhero fan
Reaction score
This is podcast in which Kevin Smith and a guest discuss the world of Batman. He's been good about posting episodes so far.

These are my favorites:
#1 Paul Dini
#2-#3 Mark Hamill
#4 Tara Strong
#7 Bruce Timm

http://smodcast.com/channels/fatman-on-batman/
and iTunes of course

It'a an awesome podcast! The Bruce Timm episode is by far my favourite.

I listened to the Mark Hamill one last week. Great podcast. You can just give him one word and he could riff on it for an hour.

I'll need to check out the other podcasts. I have to think that Flipboard app on my iPad for turning me on to those podcasts. Love Kevin Smith.

Episode #11 with Kevin Conroy is up. If you don't know anything about his background, it's a good listen.

He needs to get Grant Morrison on for an interview. id kill for that.

-Exo

Some highlights for the podcast since August...

Episode #15 and Episode #16 with Diedrich Bader, voice of Batman for the Brave & the Bold cartoon

Episode #17 with Paul Dini - They discuss "Heart of Ice" and "Over the Edge" from the animated series

Episode #18 with Paul Dini - They discuss "Mask of the Phantasm"

Episode #19 with Batman writer, Scott Snyder

Episode #20 with Paul Dini - They discuss Batman Beyond/"Return of the Joker"

I keep emailing Kevin Smith and asking him to "get Michael Keaton on the show already."

Those Mark Hamill ones were awesome.(but then Mark Hamill is awesome!):jedi

I'd love to hear Dini on the show again too.

I've been re-listening to the "Dini Dossiers". Would love to hear more of that.

Future guests, Fatman needs;

Michael Keaton
Greg Rucka
Denny O'Neil
Neal Adams
Graham Nolan
Alan Grant
Sam Hamm
Jim Lee
Jonathon Nolan
Ed Brubaker
Jim Starlin
Scott McDaniel
Norm Breyfogle
Jim Aparo
Chuck Dixon
Tim Sale
Frank Miller

Last edited:
too keen to check this out.

I've never been a big fan of Kevin Smith the person. He's always come across as a bit of a poser and it never sat right with me. Like this podcast and renown interest in Batman (IE: writing ****** Batman comics) from him over the past few years only came about cause of the popularity of the Nolan movies or something. Still I heard the one with Morrison (it's Morrison after all) and found a lot of it interesting (well mostly the Wonder Woman stuff not so much the Batman stuff).

Future guests, Fatman needs;

Michael Keaton
Greg Rucka
Denny O'Neil
Neal Adams
Graham Nolan
Alan Grant
Sam Hamm
Jim Lee
Jonathon Nolan
Ed Brubaker
Jim Starlin
Scott McDaniel
Norm Breyfogle
Jim Aparo
Chuck Dixon
Tim Sale
Frank Miller

He's already had Jim Lee... but it'd also be interesting to hear from Tim Burton. Not that I think Burton would ever do it...

He's already had Jim Lee... but it'd also be interesting to hear from Tim Burton. Not that I think Burton would ever do it...

How long ago was that?

I must have forgot that one...

Burton is a long shot. He and Smith don't like each other.

I only listened to the 2 part Mark Hamill one I was highly entertained Mark just rules so much :awesome:.

Smith now has it made. One of his closest friends is now Batman. How cool is that if you're a batfan?

The eventual Ben Affleck episode should be epic.

I listened to the Snyder one a few nights ago as I'm a fan of his work in general but have yet to read any of his Batman run.

It's awesome though, look forward to listening to more.

listened to the Arleen Sorkin one and I am listening to the Tara Strong one as I am typing this.

Snyder tweeted that he's doing another one on Monday so I'm looking forward to that.

the Tara Strong one was awesome listening to the Kevin Conroy right now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"