Fat Man on Batman Podcast

The eventual Ben Affleck episode should be epic.

I doubt it in the sense that Smith won't call out Affleck on his past blunders. He won't point out that the backlash is/was warranted. Not that he would I guess...

I doubt it in the sense that Smith won't call out Affleck on his past blunders. He won't point out that the backlash is/was warranted. Not that he would I guess...

I actually fail to see how the backlash has been warranted at all. I'm excited for the possibility of that episode because they're both big Batman fans and one of them is actually going to play the role. So it should make for some fun and interesting dialogue since this is the first Batman actor we've seen who grew up a comic book fan.

I couldn't care less if they bothered to address whiny fanboys who didn't get what they wanted at all. Those guys never know what they want and get shut down and proven wrong in the end more often than not (Ie:"Mr. Mom as Batman? this is an outrage!!!", "the guy who played the gay cowboy as The Joker? the apocalypse must be coming soon!!!", "Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark? what the hell man?!?!").

I actually fail to see how the backlash has been warranted at all.

Well I mentioned that in my original comment: past blunders. Based on Affleck's previous films, the "concern of fans" is warranted in my opinion. I'm not talking about the death threats and petitions to the White House... just the general "Hmm... Poor casting" types of responses.

I've never seen Affleck in any role where I thought... wow, he could live up to Batman... he could pull Batman off. I just end up seeing Affleck in the role... not taking on the role. Heath Ledger was the Joker, I didn't see Ledger when I watched that performance. When I watch Affleck I see Affleck, not the character. If that makes sense. At least with Keaton (Clean & Sober for starters is a great example) you bought it. He performed it perfectly on some level because you accepted the fact that he was or could be Batman, despite the physical issues and his appearance being "un-Bruce Wayne-like"

Thought there were a couple recent eps worth posting:

This is Kevin's commentary track for Batman Returns. If you really like this movie, it might not be for you. Very funny stuff.

http://smodcast.com/episodes/bernardin-returns-for-batman-returns/

This is the most recent episode which I enjoyed specifically because Kevin and Paul Dini break down an idea for a Bruce Wayne TV show. That spins out of a discussion they're having about Arkham Origins, and it doesn't begin until about 38 minutes in.

http://smodcast.com/episodes/paul-dini-shadow-of-the-bat/

Yeah... that idea/discussion of a BW/boarding school tv show was epic.

The Bruce Wayne show concept was amazing. I would pay good money to see it happen. Especially with Paul Dini involved. Their idea of creating an all star comic writer group to write the episodes would be a dream come true.

All that talk about a Bruce Wayne TV show and they didn't talk about the one that was in development at one time before it turned into Smallville.

This is a really great three-part interview with Neal Adams. The first part is mostly his early career. Part two goes into his relationship with Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster (mostly Joe) and how he helped them get paid. Part three is where he actually talks about Batman.

This one is really a must-listen for comic book fans in general. Neal has been around for a long time and he has the goods.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back