Favorite Adaptation / Incarnation

Keywords: "at times"

My favorite adaptation/incarnation is a tie between the 1990 film and 2k3 series. Both found the perfect balance. However the IDW comics are really gaining steam with me.

I'd recently watched the first movie and it amazed me how well put together it was. It loosely followed some of the elements in the comicbook, aside from them swapping Raph as the critically injured Turtle which was Leo in the comics. Elias Koteas was pretty hot as Casey Jones too. The one thing that bothered me though was that they portrayed April as a bit too militantly feminist. I'm all for strong female characters but I think April was a bit too harsh to Casey Jones.

P.S. Anyone else still love to play the SNES game Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles In Time?

Last edited:
Cartoon-wise, it's the 2003 series. For film, it's the 1990 movie.

The 1990 movie! And they're showing it in St. Louis June 15th and 16th at midnight at this theater downtown as part of the midnight movie series.

I'm so pumped!

I voted for the 1990 movie. Looking back it's amazing it turned out the way it did. It was extrememly faithful to the comic. Given how popular the cartoon was at the time I'm surprised they didn't base it strictly on that.

I didn't like the 4Kids series all that much. Found it mediocre cause it felt too self important at times. Especially the Utrom Shredder. Even the mirage comics had their sense of fun and humor. No need to be all ultra serious.
After watching the Spawn cartoon then reading the comics, this sure applies on that franchise

The 1990 movie is the definitive version of TMNT to me.

Everything other than the 2003 series, with the current series and the 1980s series rising to the top of the pack.

I grew up with the 80s cartoon but it doesn't hold up for me much anymore, which makes me sad.

The first season is still awesome, but at times it's just a bit too silly for me. It's hard to swallow in anything larger than a couple episodes at a time. I still love Secret of the Ooze though:awesome:

The 2K3 series is awesome sauce. It's darker and more serious, but that's not the only thing I like about it. I like that it was mostly one huge story arc, I liked the characterizations of the Turtles. The action was impressive and it had real emotional weight to it. And it still managed to keep its humor intact.

The new Nickelodeon show is great too. I really love it. Aside from the annoying anime flourishes and Mikey being a bit to dumb, it's a great revamp.

I haven't read any of the IDW run yet.

i'll bite. I like various episodes of the 1987 show. The 1990 movie is perfect IMO. My favorite cartoon was the 2003 version and I love the IDW stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"