Favorite animes you saw in 2007

ParaParaJMo

Civilian
Reaction score
History's Strongest Disciple Ken'ichi
I like how it is kind of 90s-ish. It was these kinds of animes that were my gateway to anime and it brought me back to my roots you can say. I liked how you can relate to some of the characters and it had action and comedy, the kind of stuff I mostly enjoy with my anime. I loved the martial arts aspect since I am a martial arts buff

Ring ni Kakero Nichibei Kessen Hen
Well, not also fully faithful to the manga, but it's great to see the continuation of the first season. But I don't like how NB Forrest is no longer a KKK grand wizard in the anime and how they changed Kazuki's and Katori's fights with Monster Jail and Mick.

Hokuto no Ken Raoh Den and Yuria Den and Toki Den(this counts as three animes)
As much as I don't like the new voice actors, I still loved the new art and animation. I love how they updated the fights to today's standards and technologies. But I am dissapointed they did away with Souther's background story which I thought was really awesome. But I like how the art and design is more faithful to the original manga and I like the updates to the theme songs as well.

Deathnote
I loved this more than the manga. I loved the acting and animation style to make it come across as more darker than the manga.

Wangan Midnight
Finally!!! An adaption of one of my favorite mangas!!! Though not as "technical" as Initial D sometimes, but still something different and fun.

in no particular order
Naruto
Bleach
Death note
NGE
Ghost in the shell
also im 3/4 of the way through noein it's not bad

for me there no better than Bleach movie with career title, "The diamond dust rebellion"...

Only saw a handful of new series that debut this year and 2 come to mind at the moment. Those 2 are Darker than Black & Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchō: Tō (Tokyo Majin).

Tried watching Fate/Stay and Trinity Blood. All hype.

Really really wanted to start Solty Rei. Anyone check that out?

SpeedGrapher was awesome too. By passed when it originally came out. But best buy put it on sale, so I picked it up.

Death Note
Bleach
Naruto
FMA Movie
Highlander: Search for Vengeance
Paprika
Ghos in the Shell: Solid State Society
Welcome to NHK

Is NHK as good as the manga? Manga is hilarious. I need to but the last two.

One Piece
Naruto
Bleach
Death Note
Law of Ueki
Basilisk
Baki The Grappler
Fate/Stay Night
Samurai Champloo
Getbackers
Air Master

History's Strongest Disciple Ken'ichi
I like how it is kind of 90s-ish. It was these kinds of animes that were my gateway to anime and it brought me back to my roots you can say. I liked how you can relate to some of the characters and it had action and comedy, the kind of stuff I mostly enjoy with my anime. I loved the martial arts aspect since I am a martial arts buff

Dude you totally rocked for naming this. This was also my favorite show of last year. I loved Kenichi and how he starts from nothing and slowly builds up his skill over every episode. The masters were great and his family was hilarious. I hope it does come back at some point.

Ring ni Kakero Nichibei Kessen Hen
Well, not also fully faithful to the manga, but it's great to see the continuation of the first season. But I don't like how NB Forrest is no longer a KKK grand wizard in the anime and how they changed Kazuki's and Katori's fights with Monster Jail and Mick.

What's the English title for this one?

For me the best new one would have to be Mushi-Shi. Also School Rumble. Great shows.

Not in any order
Tokimeki Memorial~Only Love~
Shuffle & Sh/Memories
Desert Punk
Suzuka
Gantz
Deathnote
HSD Kenichi
Air Gear
Speed Grapher
Green Green
Over Drive
Devil May Cry
School Rumble
Katekyo Hitman Reborn
Claymore
Ichigo 100%
Onegai Sensei

I didn't list all the anime i've seen FYI.
These were all really good.
Again No Specific Order.
I'm pretty sure i'm forgetting some that were good but then again if i can't remember them they weren't all that good now were they. Depends on the way you look at it.

For me:
Trinity Blood
Le Chevalier D'Eon
Hellsing Ultimate I
Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society

I've also been going through Gundam Seed Destiny (and I quite like it; I'm up to Vol. 9), picked up Last Exile (but thats a few years old now), and have been watching Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles up to Vol. 3 (it's fine to watch at times, at others, even Master Yoda's patience would be tested it is that slow).

All those were very good. Well Trinity Blood's OK, but it does basically rip off Hellsing and Trigun.

Well, while you're right in terms of the concept (secret organisations, brothers who are mortal enemies, etc), the story is more of a political drama. It's all about politics and intrigue, which is what sets it apart from those two in my book.

Oh hum, to each their own.

Both Trigun and Trinity aren't very good series in my opinion.

But then again, I hated Cowboy Bebop too.

That's your opinion. :dry:

I thought it was over rated. The only "good" thing it had going for it was the soundtrack, and even that was a stretch for me.

Dude you totally rocked for naming this. This was also my favorite show of last year. I loved Kenichi and how he starts from nothing and slowly builds up his skill over every episode. The masters were great and his family was hilarious. I hope it does come back at some point.

I heard Kensei's brother comes back in the manga. I need to find it!!! I don't get why the anime had to end it there. Sure the anime is slow, but it ended in a Hajime no Ippo kind of way.

What's the English title for this one?

There is no official English title and I doubt there ever will be one.

I've also been going through Gundam Seed Destiny (and I quite like it; I'm up to Vol. 9),

I thought SEED Destiny was crap and the worst Gundam series of all time. It lacks an establishment of a consistent main character, unoriginal Gundam designs, and almost recycles the same story from the first season except it's the FEDs rather than ZAFT that does the Gundam-jacking. I never liked the CE universe too much personally.

It means: Bet it All in the Ring: The Japan-American War Arc

Shin Chan
InuYasha
Death Note
Samurai Champloo

death note was my favorite

watched some naruto and wanted to gouge my eyes out after watching that crap they call an anime, its like a dumbed down anime for kids with ADHD

In no particular order:
Afro Samurai
Samurai 7
Gun Grave
Dragonball Z (Remastered)
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society
The Guyver (new series)
Cromarde High School
Last Exile

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"