Days of Future Past Favorite Badass: Jackman's Wolverine or Fassbender's Magneto?

Well Fassbender as Magneto was straight 100% bad ass in every scene he was in while Jackman as Wolverine has been a mixed bag of at times being just as (if not more) bad ass but also many instances of being watered down.

I have to disagree. Even at his most Wolvie-like(X1) I only ever saw him as just adequet. Much like I see Maguire's Spidey or Keaton's Batman. They just never fully embodied those characters. There were just doing good enough work in the roles.

Fassbender owned the Magneto role much more than Jackman ever could with Wolverine.

And the height thing is secondary. Sure, it would have been nice. But I'm just talking about the internal character traits. Jackman was just never quite mean enough to own the Wolverine character. Wasn't Wolverine as a character based on Eastwood's Dirty Harry? Yeah, Jackman fell short. He'd have made a better Dr. Strange, IMO.

I don't share your opinion, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Fassbender on every single possible level. He was actually required to do some acting.

Fassbender was portrayed as a hunter/predator. Jackman was always defending himself and felt a little held back. Really he's just doesn't seem like a killer. Or better yet Fassbender Magneto didn't give a damn.

Man, both were badass, as Magneto was my favorite in this movie.

Now in terms of character was Wolverine held back because of the PG-13? Maybe. But the Stryker mansion invasion scenes and his stuff in X2 would beg to differ. That is mother****ing Wolverine. And his introduction in the cage fight in X1 is badass encapsulated. I do truly think you don't need to make an R rated Wolverine to make him badass though.

Fass gives a different level. Because they're different characters.

I was never completely happy with Jackman's Wolverine, even in the good movies (X1, X2). Fassbender to me though, nailed Magneto 100%.

Man, both were badass, as Magneto was my favorite in this movie.

Now in terms of character was Wolverine held back because of the PG-13? Maybe. But the Stryker mansion invasion scenes and his stuff in X2 would beg to differ. That is mother****ing Wolverine. And his introduction in the cage fight in X1 is badass encapsulated. I do truly think you don't need to make an R rated Wolverine to make him badass though.

Fass gives a different level. Because they're different characters.

Stryker invasion was the only halfway good wolverine scene. The cage fight was lame; had it not been for his healing power a regular human woulda beat this work class trained "death machine"

Really?

Fassenbender and Macovy are head and shoulders the two best performers in X-Men film history, with MF being the best. MF is everything I've ever dreamed Magneto could be, and most importantly he doesn't look like he is about to die.

Fassbender was brilliant. Never was a huge fan of Jackman or Wolverine.

plus Michael Fassenbender initial work really well with him being a bad ass

BAMF! Bad Ass Michael Fassenbender

Fassbender was brilliant. Never was a huge fan of Jackman or Wolverine.

Jackman to me was like Michael Keaton as Batman

completely suitable, however you just know deep down that this could be improved upon...which is essentially how I felt about the first X-men movies anyways.

Dammit why does the hype never allow me to look at polls anymore? Everytime I vote it takes me right back to where I was then it tells me I have already voted. I'm really curious to see what the results are

I love Jackman as Wolverine, but holy crap... Fassbender as Magneto was "pure win." Every scene he was in was the best in the movie. When he rips through that submarine I was was nerding out pretty bad :wow:

fassbender was the reason to see this movie, bad ass-ness achieved.

I don't think you need to make an R rated Wolverine movie either, and X2 stuff was great, but everything involving him in X1 is pretty tame.

He didn't go in beserker mode like in X2, but his first scene in the cage is pretty much Wolverine. The silent drinking and smoking and then owns the man in two hits. And the bar scene that follows.

It's more of the little things that make it pure Wolverine. Not to mention when he strikes at Jean and holds her by the neck and doesn't know where the **** he is.

Pure badassery. He was tame in X3 and Origins. The first two he was the character.

Fassbender's Magneto, all the way!!

This Magneto would b**** slap Wolverine around like a ragdoll, it's not even funny.

This is the Magneto that WOULD rip out the adamantium from Wolverine's skeleton......

^Um, even Ian's Magneto would b**** slap Wolverine like a ragdoll, he's done it in X1 and X3.

As a villain, Fassneto was a badass, but overall I'd choose Wolverine.

They did meet and uh
Jackman -1
Fassbender-0

Fassbender is way more bad ass though but cmon it's magenta. Magneto always been> wolverine.

The Logan cameo aside -- I was referring if the two got into an physical fight. Fassbender wouldn't hold back like McKellan did

This is so hard because my favorite in the previous X-Men series is Wolverine and in this new one, it has to be Magneto.

I can't choose. Though, I like how Magneto plays it rough/nice. He's not like black and white, but neither is Wolverine. Magneto has more memorable details though, like the small gestures he does.

Last edited:
Magneto. Landslide. His powers have so much more potential to show his badass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"