Days of Future Past Favorite Badass: Jackman's Wolverine or Fassbender's Magneto?

Wolverine is a character that is not as difficult to do badass. In fact if you don't nail the badass you are a failure as an actor :yay:

Doing it with Magneto is more impressive. He is a great character and can be played very well but not necessarily played badass easily (eg McKellen's Magneto I don't consider a badass). Fassbender didn't let many people down.

Everyone I know loves Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, but I come on here and it's like "Jackman sucks" or "Jackman's overrated" or "Jackman sort of embodies the character."

Guess not as many people like him as I thought.

The Fass effin' bender. Just loved him in the Movie. :up:

Everyone I know loves Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, but I come on here and it's like "Jackman sucks" or "Jackman's overrated" or "Jackman sort of embodies the character."

Well, it depends on the Movie. In X1 he was great. In X2 he was still ok. In X3 he turned into Cyclops. In Origins, he was barely deserving of the name Wolverine anymore.

Or it could be Jackman fatigue, as we follow these movies more closely than most people do and Fassbender's Magneto is fresh in our minds compared to Jackman's 11 year old Wolverine. Though, I have to admit, Fassbender's Magneto is pretty damn awesome.

Jackman's great. But great is only standard when playing this guy as comic fans know how good a character Wolverine really is (before he was overexposed). Magneto hasn't been seen badass until now while Wolverine had been doing it for 4 films and [BLACKOUT]his cameo[/BLACKOUT] was crazy good.

And so much better than the entirety of Origins.
Haha, if they had released just those 5 seconds as the Wolverine film it would have pride of place on my shelf. :woot:

Fassbender. He actually embodied Magneto somewhat. Jackman never did that with Wolverine, IMO.

You apparently haven't seen X2.

23763c.jpg

As for my vote, I LOVED Fassbender's Magneto and would love to see him get nasty again in a sequel. But Jackman's a beast.

Wolverine owned the film with one line. As much as i love both of them I'll take han solo over vader.

Fassbender was a legend in First Class. Magneto is basically Bond gone bad the whole time.

The tally isn't in his favour anymore. XO:W and TLS sucked and (despite Jackman's best efforts) his Wolverine sucked in them too. Hopefully we'll get to see Jackman in a good film again sometime soon.

Jackman's great and I love him as watered down Wolverine but Fassy's Mags was more badass.

Besides I'm feeling some ill will towards his version of Wolverine after the last 3 movies made him too heroic. And you heard me right, I'll put X2 right along side Origins and X3. That one mansion scene doesn't negate the overly heroic feel he had in X2. He was even sort of leading the team. I'm sorry but I perfer my Wolverine to be a lonely badass.

Magneto. Fassbender was a James Bondish, Nazi-hunting ninja one-man army with magnetic superpowers. I love Jackman as Wolverine but Fassneto was a revelation!

I vote for Michael.

I never was impressed by Hugh's Wolverine.

Michael has a really big potential as an actor, the same as his version of Magneto.

I want to see more of him.

Hugh Jackman was amazing as Wolverine.

Its one thing to hate Wolverine but another to hate Hugh Jackman.

Oddly enough, Wolverine struck me as more consistently badass.

Magneto looked downright silly when he first tried to take on Shaw. He would have drowned if it wasn't for Xavier. He gets better though.

Wolverine took out a whole unit of commandos by himself. Though he did have some less impressive moments.

The thing is. Wolverine got softer and softer with each movie. In X1 and X2 he was bad ass. But by the time origins came out he was really just a nice guy with Wolverine's powers. In origins he was supposed to be the most bad ass trained killer with animalstic instincts ever, but sadly he wasn't. So i vote Fassbenders Magneto.

The thing is. Wolverine got softer and softer with each movie. In X1 and X2 he was bad ass. But by the time origins came out he was really just a nice guy with Wolverine's powers. In origins he was supposed to be the most bad ass trained killer with animalstic instincts ever, but sadly he wasn't. So i vote Fassbenders Magneto.

Yes, there was no 'animalistic' Wolverine in XMO:W. People kept telling him 'You're not an animal' yet the only thing he tore apart were the bed sheets...

Jackman's Wolverine is clearly the more "badass". Fassbender's Magneto is cooler, however.

Hugh Jackman's Wolverine basically became more and more like Hugh Jackman over time. The closest he got to getting the character was in X1. In X3 he was more of a hybrid of Cyclops and Wolverine. By the Wolverine film the supposedly animalistic killer was making friends all over the place and acting like a really nice guy.

While I kind of agree with you, I blame that on the script and director, not Jackman. He did nail it in X1.

Jackman nailed the character but Fassneto was a bad*** as well. I thought they both are two of the best characters in the franchise so far (actor-wise).

Well, this thread pretty much influenced my activities last night. Left the office, went home, watched X2, and then took the wife to see First Class again. This is my fourth viewing.

Fassbender's Magneto is just delicious. The line that resonates with me the most is "I agree with everything you've said - BUT...you killed my mother." The look in his eyes and how he stops walking as soon as he says "BUT"...just perfectly done and sooooo badass.

BUT - The Wolverine still takes the cake. Took some caps to express my reasoning...

2yzjse1.jpg

Jackman isn't just badass. He's a ****ing animal.

Good ol'Mags. Wolverine just annoys me to no end so im a little biased. Maybe if he wasnt so centered.

Magneto, he's undeniably badass.

I loved the comic character of Wolverine but I think they should have thought a bit more when transferring him from the page to the screen. They overused his character a little in my opinion and they ended up with a few unhappy fans because of it.

Directors are payed a lot of money to give direction to the film. That is one of the main things with First Class...

Magneto in First Class was badass because he was written that way and given the material he was given with Fassbender did the job I expected and made me live and pretty much cheer for magneto.

Ian's Magneto is an older magneto who is more driven by his mind than his POWER. That is the main focus of the first film. that didn't follow on the later films. While he was powerful and all, he couldn't spin the machine in x1 to turn everyone into a mutant. So he is using more mind and less muscle. Ian's magneto was like acting a shakespearean's sonet. Which was great and awesome.

Now.... Wolverine... He was written watered down. He only had a few badass scenes on the movies. Had singer done origins, The opinion in this poll would be reversed. There is more leeway for wolverine than there is for magneto to do badass.

-You don't know or you don't care? -PICK ONE! THAT IS THE WOLVERINE.

BUT- You killed my mother... So great.

the fass effin' bender. Just loved him in the movie. :up:

Well, it depends on the movie. In x1 he was great. In x2 he was still ok. In x3 he turned into cyclops. In origins, he was barely deserving of the name wolverine anymore.

lol

It was great to have them facing each other at the bar scene. Kind of reminded me of Pulp Fiction when two legendary actors, Travolta and Willis, face each other at the mob's bar.

And yes, those last lines recited by Magneto before killing Shaw are magnificent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"