Days of Future Past Favorite Badass: Jackman's Wolverine or Fassbender's Magneto?

Michael Fassbender really showed his acting chops in First class and makes you want to see more of him be badass

jackman as wolverine has been abit shoved down out throats abit to much for me to judge, hopefully his screen time will be more controlled in DOFP

I'm in the group of people who like X-men first class more then the first two films, and I love the way Magneto's character was written and played. but I believe the reason why the franchise hasn't been rebooted is because of how good Jackman is as Wolverine.

He might be to tall, or a bit watered down to how the character is in the comics, but I think X2 showed us the potential on how great he can play Wolverine, the mansion, and also the flash backs with him screaming and blood all over his claws.

Fassbender did a great job but I don't think he out acted Mcavoy in First Class, both men have scottish accents but only one of them dropped their accent by the 2nd half of the film, you would have thought Magneto was playing Banshee with how his accent just dropped and became scottish.

Jackman never dropped his accent in the whole franchise, so I have to go with Jackman's take on Wolverine.

Imagine if Andrew Garfield, Heath Ledger, Christian Bale etc... dropped their accent?

I have to go with Fassbender's Magneto.

His scenes were so intense, and he definitely made me think that Magneto is the strongest mutant.

I'm in the group of people who like X-men first class more then the first two films, and I love the way Magneto's character was written and played. but I believe the reason why the franchise hasn't been rebooted is because of how good Jackman is as Wolverine.

He might be to tall, or a bit watered down to how the character is in the comics, but I think X2 showed us the potential on how great he can play Wolverine, the mansion, and also the flash backs with him screaming and blood all over his claws.

Fassbender did a great job but I don't think he out acted Mcavoy in First Class, both men have scottish accents but only one of them dropped their accent by the 2nd half of the film, you would have thought Magneto was playing Banshee with how his accent just dropped and became scottish.

Jackman never dropped his accent in the whole franchise, so I have to go with Jackman's take on Wolverine.

Imagine if Andrew Garfield, Heath Ledger, Christian Bale etc... dropped their accent?

Michael Fassbender is Irish, and so is Banshee (in the comics anyway!).

Yes, it was a bit sloppy for Fassbender's accent to come through at the end; it's probably because they were in a rush or some second-unit director filmed it and didn't get another take. It bugs me every time and it was the one major nitpick of mainstream reviewers, so let's hope he reins in his Irish roots this time!

Michael Fassbender is Irish, and so is Banshee (in the comics anyway!).

Yes, it was a bit sloppy for Fassbender's accent to come through at the end; it's probably because they were in a rush or some second-unit director filmed it and didn't get another take. It bugs me every time and it was the one major nitpick of mainstream reviewers, so let's hope he reins in his Irish roots this time!

Thanks for the correction, I believe James Mcavoy is scottish, I think he did a great job but for the whole climax of the film for his accent to breaking took away from a great ending

Fassbender did a great job but I don't think he out acted Mcavoy in First Class
He never out acted James, yeah, despite Vaughn's generous focus on his favorite character.

I'd go with Fassbender because he's suave, he can kill people with money change.

Fassbender and it is not even close.

Wolverine was only badass in some of X1 and 2.

Fassbender was badass all the way.

Bumping this because of Magneto fabulously owning Wolverine in DOFP.

Magneto going all Inglorious Basterds revenge style in First Class was amazing, so for that i might give him the edge over wolverine.

Fassbender's Magneto has been the most dangerous Marvel villain on screen, for my money.

^ The more I think about it, the happier that scene makes me.

Yeah its one thing for McKellan Magneto to do that to Adamantium laced Wolverine, what Fass Magneto did was vicious as hell and creative. I went from "logan may have a shot here" to "nope, he doesn't' to "holy crap". Fass is the ultimate badass of this series now.

Magneto far exceeds Wolverine as a badass. But perhaps it's an unfair competition. Wolverine has to straddle being a good guy. Magneto gets to go crazy.

Fassbender has done such a fantastic job as Magneto. Not that Jackman hasn't but overall I think Magneto has owned Wolverine so many times in these movies that Wolverine can't catch a break.

In this movie no doubt it was Fassbenders Magneto.

If Logan becomes a horseman in the next film though...........

Yeah its one thing for McKellan Magneto to do that to Adamantium laced Wolverine, what Fass Magneto did was vicious as hell and creative. I went from "logan may have a shot here" to "nope, he doesn't' to "holy crap". Fass is the ultimate badass of this series now.

lol logan couldn't handle a sentinel
also how Magbender just immediately makes the decision to off Mystique.

What Magneto did to Wolverine had so much gruesome irony in it. It really shows the amount of sophistication and thought that was put into this movie.

Fassbender without question. I've never been especially keen on Jackman as Wolverine. Never seemed like he was as mean or scary as he should be.

Fassbender's Magneto has been the most dangerous Marvel villain on screen, for my money.
Shaw was far more "dangerous", but Magneto hasn't had much competition outside of him. That I blame on the writers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"