The Dark Knight Favorite Batman moments

also hilarious :up:

i also like when he shows up to the fundraiser in a helicopter with 3 girls. what a badass.

and i love his speech about harvey. the first half, funny of course, and the second part, very nice.

i liked all the stuff about bruce seeing all this inspiration in harvey. it was very moving. those are some of my favorite scenes in the movie

QFT. Also loved when Bruce was asleep during the meeting hahaha I was trying to figure out if he was seriously tired or if he staged that. Awesome either way!
-Not to forget Bruce saving Gordon and Reese with his lamborghini from being hit and his "trying to catch the light" very nice
-When Batman dropped Maroni and you actually see that he lands on his feet making the impact more brutal then Batman jumping down yelling "WHERE IS HE?!" nice
-Batman landing on Scarecrow's van smashing the roof in.
-Batman saving Rachel
-Batman fighting Joker and his goons in the party
-When Batman shoots his blades at Joker after Joker asked if he wanted to know how he got those scars then him knocking Joker off the building then saving Joker from falling.(Does anyone remember what Batman said before shooting the blades? I kind of forgot. Was it "I know how you got these?")
-Batman saving the innocent people made to look like Joker's goons from the SWAT team was great.
This is the great thing about this Batman franchise compared to other superhero movie franchises, they do a great job of making the hero feel heroic when saving someone. Like in Batman Begins when Bruce saved Ras from falling off the cliff. Or in The Dark Knight when we had the most intense rescue EVER of Batman fighting SWAT to protect people.

Breaking some legs, cracking some arms, throwing the Tumbler into the path of a "bazooka".

It wasnt a single moment for me really, it was the fact that, finally, somebody put the "Detective" back into DC Comics! At the base of his character, that's what Batman really is, and they thankfully had him doing genuine detective, intelligent work for a change.

"Mr. Wayne, is it? You did a pretty brave thing."
"What? Trying to catch the light?"
"You weren't protecting the van?"
"Why? Who's in it?"

"Now all we needs an alibi"

"I've got something in mind...."

Cut to Rachel and Harvey arriving at the Ballet with a newspaper taped to it "Billionaire Bruce takes entire Russian Ballet for Cruise."

That, and Bruce's random dickery "Oh, you're into Ballet?" got some laughs from the audience. As for Batman, not necessarily a bad ass moment, but I thought the look on his face when Maroni was explaining that he has rules, and the Joker doesn't was pretty powerful.

The Batpod doing the flip on the wall.

Batman interrogating Joker and punching him out for information, true Frank Miller style.

Batman doing his detective work on the bullets.

Batman landing and smashing the van with Scarecrow.

The part where Bruce is riding on his bike to Loeb's funeral (Very Year One), gets into one of the buildings to try and find the Joker, only to find a bunch of cops tied up, and fall into to a sniper trap. Almost gets him shot down.

Great moment.

- Putting Dent in that sleeper hold.
- Throwing Maroni off the scaffolding and busting his ankle.
- The "what, trying to catch the light?" line to Gordon after crashing his car.
- The hand punch to Joker in the MCU interrogation room.

When he killed Two-Face. I was laughing my ass off as they tumbled down the roof lol.

batman gliding to the lsi holdings building. I wish I could enjoy that someday.

*Bump*

Batman interrogating the Joker. Hero and arch nemesis face to face. It was fantastic. And his entrance into the scene was classic, as the light turns on, and we see he's been standing behind Joker all the time, and slams Joker's head into the table.

Brilliant. Got audience reaction every time.

*Bump*

Batman interrogating the Joker. Hero and arch nemesis face to face. It was fantastic. And his entrance into the scene was classic, as the light turns on, and we see he's been standing behind Joker all the time, and slams Joker's head into the table.

Brilliant. Got audience reaction every time.
I think the voice works best in that scene, especially when he starts getting violent with the Joker. I remember watching that scene for the first time on IMAX and hearing that roar like a thunderclap in the theater, and thought in the back of mind that Batman was just going to squeeze the life out of Joker right then and there.

I totally agree with Happy Jack. The voice was annoying at some parts, but it totally worked in that scene. Batman's interrogation of the Joker is amazing. One of the best scenes in any movie.

My favorite Batman moment is when he grabs the gun of the imposter and bends it. Batman's "theme" In the background just makes that scene all the more badass.

My #1 - When Bruce and Alfred are discussing Bruce quitting as Batman as they're leaving the bunker. Alfred supposes he'll be arrested as an accomplice and Bruce says:

"Accomplice? I'm going to tell them the whole thing was your idea!"

Favorite moment would have to be at the penthouse, when Bruce puts the sleeper hold on Havrey and then says "they've come for him" in the Batman voice. Just a really great moment of the Batman persona emerging.

1.the interrogation scene
2.when he throws Maroni off the roof

- the disappearing pencil

- when Joker kills Gambol

- when Batman throws Maroni off the fire escape

- the car chase, especially when the semi flips and Joker comes down the road all bat**** crazy shooting at random cars

- the interrogation scene. best part of the whole movie.

- when Joker burns the money

- hospital scene

- Two-Face killing Detective Wuertz

- Joker's little monologue hanging upside down

- the end with Batman, Gordon, and Two-Face

LOITER LOITER...INTIMIDATE

Awesome opening for Batman. And I love how Scarecrow voices what we're all thinking.

*gun shots*
"That's not him."
*Tumbler pancakes cars*
"That's more like it."

I absolutely love the line "I don't need help!" Bruce is not only showing that he's stubborn, but he's also trying to save the guy's life by telling him to stop. But of course, he doesn't and Bruce feels guilty since all the guy wanted to do was be like Batman.

Maroni: "A fall wouldn't kill me"

Batman: " I'm counting on it"

Maroni's bone cracks when Batman drops him on the floor.

Joker: "Oh, you. You just couldn't let me go, could you? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. You are truly incorruptible, aren't you? Huh? You won't kill me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness. And I won't kill you because you're just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever. "

Batman: "You'll be in a padded cell forever."

Joker: "Maybe we can share one. You know, they'll be doubling up, the rate this city's inhabitants are losing their minds."

Batman: "This city just showed you that it's full of people ready to believe in good."

Joker: "Until their spirit breaks completely. Until they get a good look at the real Harvey Dent and all the heroic things he's done. You didn't think I'd risk losing the battle for Gotham's soul in a fistfight with you? No. You need an ace in the hole. Mine's Harvey".

Batman: What did you do?

Joker: "I took Gotham's white knight and I brought him down to our level. It wasn't hard. You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!"

Oh God, my post is going to be like split into three cause I'm basically going to quote the entire movie, that's how much I love it.

Start off with my favorite scene in the entire movie: the interrogation scene. I loved every bit of it, every piece of dialogue, everything. I love Bats locking Gordon out, and basically snapping. Crowd reaction was amazing at the midnight screening. Love how he just throws Joker into the wall at first and then starts beating him with his hands. Joker's reaction is pitch perfect as well, laughing his ass off. Favorite scene in my favorite movie.

Also loved...

The bending the fake Batman's gun. Music is perfect behind it.

Bruce's first conversation with Alfred. Everybody says Bale was a horrible Wayne and gave no life to it. That was his performance! Bruce was an exhausted man and it showed through Bale's performance. "Know your limits".

Bruce sleeping.

Playboy Bruce with Rachel and Harvey. I love how even though he's playing a character he's still giving Harvey some crap for going out with Rachel. "Maybe you should know where your jurisdiction ends?"

The look on his face when Joker puts out that first tape. Guilt-ridden pain.

His conversation with Alfred after the party where Alfred tells him the story about Burma. He still doesn't understand the Joker and is underestimating him at this point. There's a shot where he's turning away from the cowl and staring back at the Joker on his computer screen, and everytime I see it I think: that's BATMAN.

Him knowing that Dent was interrogating a schizophrenic. Another criticism is that Batman isn't much of a detective. Dude knew some random Arkham inmate by name and problem and also knew most of Gordon's men by name.

I can go on all day but I'm going to end it with the scene after Rachel's death. A lot of people would've played this big with sobs and weeping but I think the way Nolan/Bale played it is a little more powerful. He's Batman, I don't think he's in a well enough emotional state to provide Rachel's death weeping. Instead he see a tired man with his back to us, the weight of the world on his shoulders. The camera comes around and we see that he's been crying silently thinking about Rachel. The beauty of this scene is also how it reflects the scene in Batman Begins with young Bruce. "That thief...out in Burma......how'd you catch him?"

"......we burned the forest down."

Brilliant.

Bruce's first conversation with Alfred. Everybody says Bale was a horrible Wayne and gave no life to it. That was his performance! Bruce was an exhausted man and it showed through Bale's performance. "Know your limits".

The look on his face when Joker puts out that first tape. Guilt-ridden pain.

I can go on all day but I'm going to end it with the scene after Rachel's death. A lot of people would've played this big with sobs and weeping but I think the way Nolan/Bale played it is a little more powerful. He's Batman, I don't think he's in a well enough emotional state to provide Rachel's death weeping. Instead he see a tired man with his back to us, the weight of the world on his shoulders. The camera comes around and we see that he's been crying silently thinking about Rachel. The beauty of this scene is also how it reflects the scene in Batman Begins with young Bruce. "That thief...out in Burma......how'd you catch him?"

"......we burned the forest down."

Brilliant.
:up:

Him knowing that Dent was interrogating a schizophrenic. Another criticism is that Batman isn't much of a detective. Dude knew some random Arkham inmate by name and problem and also knew most of Gordon's men by name.
Yeah, I love that moment where Batman just appears out of nowhere and drops science on Harvey. It's classic know-it-all, forensic Batman: the guy who knows more about a subject than anyone else in the room. Actually that entire scene is great, and probably doesn't get enough mention. The parallels between Batman and Dent are extraordinarily displayed, and subtle enough that it could take a second viewing to notice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"