The Avengers Favorite Character in The Avengers movie

My favorite was Thor. He had some badass scenes, he had perhaps the best emotional scene and one of the funniest lines. I liked his connection to the villain.

Second is probably Iron Man as he's just on the entire film. We all know Tony Stark and he just delivers.

Third is Loki for having some wonderfully evil things, as well as reacting well to Thor.

Fourth is Hulk. Very well animated, was very funny and had some really big action moments.

Fifth is Captain America. Played his grounded part very well but I hope to see him lead even more in the future.

Sixth is Black Widow, who was a very positive surprise. I hadn't expected this much of her.

Seventh is Nick Fury. Sam Jackson just is this version of Fury, of course.

Eighth is then Hawkeye. Him being last doesn't mean that he's not very enjoyable, but he does have a lesser role than the other Avengers.

my favorite is thor but hulk definately works in this movie, far movie than in his own movies. I don't think hulk can hold his own movie but as a character in someone elses movie he is excellent

Cap
Hulk
Iron Man
Banner
Widow
Thor

It's really hard to make a choice.They're all bad ass.

After multiple viewings, I can see my list totally flip flopping.

As of right now, I'd have to give it to Cap.

The final battle sold me.He was the most heroic imo

Interesting, I thought Hawkeye was far and away the most interesting portrayal - and I have ZERO interest in the character in the comics. In fact I don't think I've read a single issue with him in it.

But Remmer made him really intriguing. Im surprised he aint getting more love here.

Taking a guess just from a dialog scene:

1. Loki
2. Tony Stark
3. Steve Rogers
4. Bruce Banner

I just love the apparent dynamic between the Stark, Rogers, and Banner. Whedon got this beyond right.

1. Black Widow
2. Hulk
3. Iron Man
4. Captain America
5. Thor
6. Loki
7. Hawkeye
8. Fury

I've watched it for the 3rd time, and I have a new ranking:

ROGERS
BARTON
BANNER
ODINSON
STARK
ROMANOFF

I bet Thor appreciates that alot, because he sure as hell needed it. :woot:
I think he's doing pretty well in second place there, at least for now. The big surprise for me is that Iron Man has so few votes as he was great in the film in my opinion.

Edit: But it seems he at least got another just as I posted...

Banner/Hulk and Thor are tied for me. If I had to call it, I'd go with Banner/Hulk because the character was so deep and funny and awesome in equal measures. Thor I am drawn to since his previous film and he just rocked in this.

He's adopted.

:funny:

Hawkeye I enjoyed least.

Banner/Hulk definitely. I feel that it's the first time we've truly got a good film incarnation, and Ruffalo absolutely held his own with RDJ, Hemsworth and Evans despite it being his first time in the role. So yeah he gets my vote :up:

Mjölnir;23073531 said:
I think he's doing pretty well in second place there, at least for now. The big surprise for me is that Iron Man has so few votes as he was great in the film in my opinion.

Edit: But it seems he at least got another just as I posted...

Woah wtf, Thor is in 2nd place?

I can't believe it, because it really doesn't seem like he was much of a favorite from people's reactions to the film.

Woah wtf, Thor is in 2nd place?

I can't believe it, because it really doesn't seem like he was much of a favorite from people's reactions to the film.

I thought he was brilliant in it. I'd love to see a Thor and Hulk film, similar to the Vs cartoon. I agree with Neil that Hulk works best in someone else's film. Or at least that's how it would seem when you look at his appearences.

Iron Man was great, too, but he's had two films now so you know what you're getting. I think that's possibly why he isn't doing as well in the poll. He's a known quantity, maybe taken for granted in a way.

I thought he was brilliant in it. I'd love to see a Thor and Hulk film, similar to the Vs cartoon. I agree with Neil that Hulk works best in someone else's film. Or at least that's how it would seem when you look at his appearences.

Iron Man was great, too, but he's had two films now so you know what you're getting. I think that's possibly why he isn't doing as well in the poll. He's a known quantity, maybe taken for granted in a way.

I could see a Thor/Hulk movie, except this time they should have an actual "fight" instead of a one sided ass kicking like Hulk Vs. :dry:

What made Thor so brillaint in this film if you don't mind me asking?

Listing them in order is a waste of a post. Give reasons as to why you like them. It makes for more of a discussion.

My favourite characters, in no particular order:

Banner/Hulk: I like how Ruffalo played the silent and modest type and how at times he looked like he was going to lose it. Added great depth and unpredictability to the character. Reminded me a little of the way Bill Bixby used to portray the character. This made the Hulk alter-ego well worth waiting for.

Thor: Hemsworth was great again as Thor, particularly in the scenes with Loki. He had some great fight sequences too with Ironman and Hulk. Would have been nice to have seen Jane Foster in the mix aswell.

Steve Rogers/Captain America: Chris Evans played the stoic hero superbly. Not the most amazing with the powers at his disposal but for me was the most relatable and grounded of all the characters. Enjoyed watching him take charge of situations before battle. A true leader.

Tony Stark/Ironman: Downey-Jr at his witty best. Enjoyed his chemistry with Banner and Rogers and his hope and insistence that the Avengers would work. Loved all of Ironman's action scenes.

Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow: Intelligent and sexy. Enjoyed every moment of Johansson on screen in particular the interrogation scene with Loki and all her scenes with Banner. Provided great moments of emotion to compliment her cold, lethal streak.

As a lifelong Hulk fan it was pretty much a given that Hulk was always going to be my favourite but the fact they nailed the character so well helped it along. It didn't even bother me that
he only spoke one line

My list is not what I would have guessed going in but:

Hmm, me too. I have my favourite comic book character (Thor) but in the movie, slightly different

1. Black Widow
2. Iron Man
3. Thor
4. Banner (not really Hulk except when chasing BW)
5. Coulson
6. Loki
7. Captain America
8. Fury
9. Hawkeye
10. Maria Hill

Never EVER thought I'd enjoy a human spy character the most, but she really was brilliant.

I also like Stark, the guy's really grown up (while still being fun) since IM2.

Thor is just cool. A bit slipped in, here but he can't not be cool - ''adopted" - brilliant. Honestly though, he's only third because I'm such a fan...

Banner was great fun, well done! The tension scene was awesome. Transition from Monster to Hero monster wasn't smooth, and Hulk still isn't a 'character' to me yet.

Coulson is Coulson - wanted more of him.

The rest all great too.

Last edited:
I want to change my vote and give Hawkeye and Nick Fury some love.

They were both great and under rated I think

Avengers has a large cast, but I thought the film did a pretty good job at giving each character a chance to shine. I also really liked BWs and Hawkeyes friendship - which put the spotlight on them briefly, preventing them from getting lost surrounded by more spectacular characters.

Hard to pick just one..... I guess Thor and Black Widow for me.

I could see a Thor/Hulk movie, except this time they should have an actual "fight" instead of a one sided ass kicking like Hulk Vs. :dry:

What made Thor so brillaint in this film if you don't mind me asking?

They've nailed him. He had some great scenes, one of the funniest lines. His powers are made for the big screen and Hemsworth is great in the roll. It's not surprising to me because I liked his solo film so much (my favourite out of the pre-Avengers films).

I like the fact that, in his film, we followed him. In Avengers he came to us and left when sh** was done. You didn't need to find out all those little things about what happened after the credits rolled on his film. He's a god that comes and goes and we don't need to know everything behind the scenes with him. I think he worked better in this film than he did in the other. It suits a god to come and go, no explanations. He did seem more powerful in this film, but probably not because of the money shots. More to do with the distance we had from him, and because in The Avengers he's a visitor.

Hulk/Banner
Thor
Loki
Black Widow
Coulson!
IronMan
Cap
Hawkeye (but only I think because he had so little time compared to everyone else... given a full movie's worth of time he would probably be higher)

Fury and Hill? meh Fury was good but no real emotional investment in him.

They've nailed him. He had some great scenes, one of the funniest lines. His powers are made for the big screen and Hemsworth is great in the roll. It's not surprising to me because I liked his solo film so much (my favourite out of the pre-Avengers films).

I like the fact that, in his film, we followed him. In Avengers he came to us and left when sh** was done. You didn't need to find out all those little things about what happened after the credits rolled on his film. He's a god that comes and goes and we don't need to know everything behind the scenes with him. I think he worked better in this film than he did in the other. It suits a god to come and go, no explanations. He did seem more powerful in this film, but probably not because of the money shots. More to do with the distance we had from him, and because in The Avengers he's a visitor.

I'm glad you were so impressed with him, I hope I'm just as impressed when I see the film in 6 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"