Favorite DC Films

Where's Steel?

I'm sure that would 20 votes by now.

Yes, that seems to be an oversight. Anyway, Superman: The Movie for me easily.

V for Vendetta was a very good movie, can't go wrong with hugo weaving's performance.

sure, alan moore hates it and any other adaptation of his work, and sure the comic (in my opinion ) is better, but i still enjoy watching the movie. some other adaptations of his work, not so much. lol

1. The Dark Knight/The Dark Knight Rises
2. Batman Begins
3. V For Vendetta
4. Watchmen

V for Vendetta
Batman (1989)
Superman II
Batman Returns
Superman
Batman Begins

Although V for Vendetta wasn't a superhero movie, it was far better than any of WB's other DC offerings. The performances were stellar all around, as were the screenplay and direction.

Of their superhero offerings, I rank Burton's first Batman film highest, followed by Superman II. Believe it or not, Burton's films were considered a fairly dark take on Batman in their day. Burton's Gothic Gotham was enhanced by brilliant production design and cinematography. Burton and Keaton presented us with a Batman who, faced with a ruthless foe who killed without remorse or reason, used every resource at his disposal to defeat him. Batman's willingness to use deadly force along with the Joker's vicious plot made this movie far more realistic, dark and gritty than Nolan's films, at least for me.

Yes, that seems to be an oversight. Anyway, Superman: The Movie for me easily.

I agree 100%, Superman the Movie still holds up today. I don't think any film gives me the nostalgic feeling that this film does. Its still an amazing movie and of course a little Superman bias here but its my no. 1 film of all-time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"