Favorite decade?

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by Thundercrack85, Aug 2, 2012.

?

What's your favorite decade?

1. 1910

2. 1920

3. 1930

4. 1940

5. 1950

6. 1960

7. 1970

8. 1980

9. 1990

10. 2000

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Thundercrack85 Registered

I was curious to see people's views on the decades. Culturally, musically, films, etc.

I've met people who liked decades they didn't even live in.

60's, 70's, 80's, 90's?

2. Paroxysm Registered

1985-1995

3. Mace Dolex Powerful User

The 80's, I was just a kid without worrying about bills or work.

The music and movies were better, TV sitcoms were actually funny and going to school was fun.

4. ThePowerCosmic Hyped Up

The 90's. Everything was better back then.

Know what? Screw this thread, I'm depressed now.

5. PSYLENTGuardian El Pollos Hermano

I can't really judge a decade since I've been sitting in a booster seat for the latter half of the 1990s, so by default, I'm picking the 2000s for being within my comfort zone. The 1980s looked like a somewhat fun time to live, though. In spite of those Cold War fears.

6. JJJ's Ulcer Registered

There was nothing comforting about the 2000s. When I remember it I think of stuff like 9/11, Bush, Iraq war, Hurricane Katrina and the financial meltdown.

Definitely the 90s. I loved the grungy music, the fashion, the comics, the 16 bit videogames, the great economy and the Internet was around, but it wasn't an all-consuming monster that took over your life through 3G, iPhones, Facebook, etc. It was a safe-haven you could use to escape from your real life. Now it's just your real life.

The only thing better these days is TV dramas.

7. PSYLENTGuardian El Pollos Hermano

Maybe not comfort. I know what I should've said and what I meant, really, was familiarity. It's a subjective thing for me. I haven't lived to pay attention to the 1990s. I actually lived through the 2000s, and I lived it in blissful ignorance. I could go and pick from any decade of the last two centuries, but I don't want to, because I haven't been on those rides.

That being said, I actually like your opinion about the 1990s. Technology can be a universally consuming thing these days.

8. Hobgoblin Veritas veritatum

1990's. The 2000's have been a major let down. I graduated high school in 1999, which started out as a great year. I thought college and then life afterwards would be awesome.

Ha.

9. Victarion Iron Captain

This x1000.

Aaaah Real Monsters, Angry Beavers, and Rocko were great cartoons.

10. JJJ's Ulcer Registered

I loved Rocko. One of my favorite cartoons ever. Also original 'Beavis and Butthead', Ren & Stimpy, Rugrats, and Simpsons when it was still funny, original and occasionally touching.

11. craigdbfan Registered

The 90's.

I was born in 1990 so I definitely have a bias but I enjoyed it a lot. 00's was for the most part awful other than high school which I actually really enjoyed.

12. bullets bang bang

I'd go as far back as the 70s. That seems like a cool time.

Not sure how I would feel about the 80s as an adult. The 90s seem slightly better.

13. Mandalore464 New User

Edit : Deleted

#13 Mandalore464, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  14. Midnyte_Sun Medianoche de Sol

85-89...twas a magical time of transformers, terminators, michael jackson, rambos, rocky balboas, nintendo, arcades, Roy Rogers burgers, home teams winning superbowls, and freedom for me to run around as a snot nosed punk without a care in the world. Stealing candy and toys, getting in fights with other neighborhood kids, and making friends with my killer black plastic sunglasses and digital watch. Man, what happenned? I used to be cooool.

15. Joined:
    Sep 13, 2008
    I'm only going to say the 00's cause that's the only decade I've really lived in. The 80's seemed damn cool though.

16. CJ Registered

The late 80s and Early 90s. My early childhood.

Playing NES at all my friends houses, playing games like Contra and TMNT together.

Nickelodeon (Back when it didn't suck. Heathcliff, Inspector Gadget, David the Gnome, Mr Wizard, Eureeka's Castle, Nick Arcade, Tintin, Sharon Lois and Bram's Elephant Show, Fred Penner's Place, Muppet Babies, Grimm's Fairy Tales, Doug, Rugrats, Ren & Stimpy, Rocko, Turkey TV, Double Dare, Hey Dude, Salute Your Shorts, What Would You Do?, Wild n Crazy Kids, Are you Afraid of the Dark? And those really cool bumpers inbetween commercial breaks.)

Playing tag, hide-and-seek, spending long summers just having a blast with all my friends in the neighborhood. The magic of believing in Santa and the Tooth Fairy.

I remember Christmas of 91, wanting a Genesis so badly so I could play Sonic. It was my version of the Red Ryder BB Gun. I unwrapped all my presents and was heartbroken to not get one. Then Mom pulled out an extra present from behind the couch. It was a Genesis. I flipped out and went nuts. lol.

Memoriesssss...

#16 CJ, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  17. CJ Registered

Yeah, that episode of Beavis and Butt-Head where Beavis cut off his finger, then Butt-Head used it to pick his nose. That was one of the most touching moments in animation. :hrt:

18. Silvermoth Krakoan native

Really? The 1990's are that popular?! I thought it was a bit of a daggy decade to be honest. I grew up then so I liked all the kids shows but in terms of fashion and major moments it was probably not as dominant as other decades.

Me? Probably the 1890's. Such much about to be discovered!

19. redmarvel Red, White and Buxom

The 10's. Yes, I know they've just barely started. However, there is no point in reliving the past, so let's MAKE THIS the best decade yet. People who imagine a prior decade as being "better" always forget the bad things that also happened in that decade. Granted we need better music and sitcoms and more great movies, but we always need those.

20. Kable24 Member of the NRA

The 80's. I was a kid playing G.I. Joe and enjoying life. No worries, no responsibilities other than school.

21. uniqueweasel Don't Drink and Bake

90's for me.

22. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

This is such a hard question the 00s had Batman Begins AND the Dark Knight while the 10s has the Dark Knight Rises.

It's just really hard to choose.

23. Radioactive1980 Registered

The Teenies, (NOW).
    The present is all that matters, not yesterday and not an imagined future.

As for music, art, films, every decade produces great things, but right now we are living in a very exciting time were all of these areas and particularly technology are advancing all the time.

Talking about comicbook films, The Avengers and TDKR would have been beyond any fanboys wildest dreams back in the 90's. And with stuff like MCU phase two and Man of Steel looming, this is without doubt the golden age of cbms.

A better question would be- what would be your favourite 20th century decade to re/visit?

I'd be initially inclined to say the 1980's- nostalgia has a part in this, being a child at the time, but the 1980's were not that different to now except for the fashions and technology. To get more of a culture shock and sense of wonder you would be better off traveling a long way back. I reckon the 1960's would have been cool, if you had a slick pad in London.

#23 Radioactive1980, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  24. RetrogradeOrbit Do I look like I'm joking?

80's were not too bad for me.

25. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

The 80's are where my ondest memories come from.