Favorite Ghost Rider?

FlameHead

Avenger
Reaction score
So... this goes out to all those FlameHead (The originals, not me) fans out there. As you all know, there has been several incarnation of this character and it's your job now to vote which was the best. You're choices are
GR1.jpg
GR3.jpg
GR4.jpg

GR5.jpg
GR6.jpg

1) The Ghost Rider
This is the original Ghost Rider but he has no connection to the later incarnations and is a western character.

2) Johnny Blaze
The man to start the craze. Johnny fought hard with the demon that possessed him winning out in the end...

3) Dan Ketch
Dan came along in the early 90's which breed some really nice life into this timeless character

4) Vengence
For a short time while the 2nd coming of Ghost Rider was thought to be dead this character, created by the hate he had for the Flamed Rider, took over Ghost Rider's part inflicting vengence on those who deserved it.

5) Ghost Rider 2099
From the 2099-verse, this mostly mechanical being ruled.

So now... the choice is up to you! And don't just say the name and be gone; let us know your thoughts. Tell us when you like this particular character most.

I liked Ghost Rider 2099 a lot. I think I'm probably the only one. :o

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
I liked Ghost Rider 2099 a lot. I think I'm probably the only one. :o

Nope. I liked him too. I love the 2099 line.

Also you left out the Ghost Rider/Spirit of Vengenance who was a member of the Galactic Guardians.

13.gif
14.gif
1.jpg

And before anyone asks, I don't remember anything about him so you'd have to look it up on your own.

You're not. I liked the 2099 GR as well. He was my second fav 2099 character after Spidey.

Still though, I gotta go with the original. The one true Ghost Rider, Johnny Blaze. :D :ghost:

Originally posted by DBM
14.gif
I have that issue! I liked the Guardians of the Galaxy series a lot. Kind of like Marvel's version of the Legion, only less huge and imposing.

Glad I wasn't the only one who liked GR 2099.

I like Blaze a lot, but I didn't really like him as the Ghost Rider. And I like Noble Kale a lot, but I didn't really like Dan Ketch. If Blaze and Kale got bonded or formed a new Midnight Sons, I'd be in Ghost Rider heaven. :)

Which one was in the New F4? The team with Spiderman, Hulk, Wolveine, and Ghost Rider.

Dan Ketch was the Ghost Rider I was mostly exposed to. So I voted for him. I should try and get some old Ghost Rider comics aka Johnny Blaze era. Any recommendations?

I would have to agree with the previous post. Dan Ketch/GR is the one I started with. I never liked Blaze and what little I saw of Blaze/GR seemed inclined to evil; it didn't appeal to me. Ketch/GR seemed more versatile also. I never saw the version from the later mini-series, though.

GR 2099 started cool, didn't follow later. But the concept was really interesting it was different that he was a creature of science instead of sorcery.

If anyone is wondering, Ketch is my favorite of them all as well. I think the character is much better let alone the fact that the story and artwork was much better in the second comming. Of course, he was the first one I found so, like everyone else, I like him because of that mainly.

Originally posted by DBM
Also you left out the Ghost Rider/Spirit of Vengenance who was a member of the Galactic Guardians.

Damn... you mean, there's a GR that I don't know about? That's impossible. Are we possitive that it's not either GR 1 or 2?

Originally posted by FlameHead
Damn... you mean, there's a GR that I don't know about? That's impossible. Are we possitive that it's not either GR 1 or 2?

He's an alien from another planet so I'm sure he's not Ketch or Blaze. I don't remember how he got his powers though.

You mean there's a whole planet full of flaming-skulled aliens?? :eek:

You mean there's a whole planet full of flaming-skulled aliens?? :eek:

No. Somehow he got the Spirit of Vengenance and was given Ghost Rider Like Powers.

Damnit. Now I'm going to have to look it up because I'm wondering about it.

There is no actual Spirit of Vengeance, though. Blaze had Zarathos and turned him into a spirit of vengeance by exercising his will over Zarathos' evil. Ketch had Noble Kale, who was just basically a knight doing knightly things in a modern setting. Or am I totally wrong? :confused:

There is no actual Spirit of Vengeance, though. Blaze had Zarathos and turned him into a spirit of vengeance by exercising his will over Zarathos' evil. Ketch had Noble Kale, who was just basically a knight doing knightly things in a modern setting. Or am I totally wrong? :confused:

I don't know if you are wrong or not. I don't know a lot about Ghost Rider.

Here is (literally) all I can find online about the GoG Spirit of Vengenance.

Autolycus/Spirit Of Vengeance
Other Aliases: Spirit Of Vengeance
Place Of Birth: Sarka ("alien" planet, circa 3015 A.D)
Marital Status: Single
Known Relatives: Johnny Blaze (presumed ancestor, aka Ghost Rider IV)
Group Affiliation: Galatic Guardians
Source Of Powers: Unrevealed
Powers: Superhuman strength, immeasurable stamina, godlike durability, enhanced speed and reflexes also the ability to project "soulfire" or "hellfire" for a variety of effects like burst of flame painful to victims througt physical stimulation
First Appearance (as Autolycus): Guardians Of The Galaxy #12
First Appearance (as Spirit Of Vengeance): Guardians Of The Galaxy #13
List Of Appearances;
Guardians Of The Galaxy #12 (mistakenly thought Guardians Of The Galaxy were Black Knights of the Universal Church of Truth)
Guardians Of The Galaxy #13-14 (fought Guardians Of The Galaxy, realized his error, aided hen aganist Universal Church of Truth, killed Grand Inquisitor II)
Guardians Of The Galaxy Annual 1 (helped form Galatic Guardians, fought Korvac)
Guardians Of The Galaxy #35 (with Galatic Guardians fought Bubonicus), 36-37 (with Galatic Guardians, Krugarr and Ancient One II fought Dormammu)

Source

spiritofvengeance.gif
From Here

No man, you are totally right!:cool:

Thanks for that info DBM. Much appreciated... kinda sucks though. That means there are now even more comics I have to add to my ever expanding list of must gets. Damn.

Can somebody please put this in the Ghost Rider section?

Anyone who hasn't picked their choice, feel free too...

#1the western [and REAL] ghost rider

I liked the 90's ghost rider but only when Tex was still in the book, the first 25 issues

Tough choice for me. I grew up with the Blaze version, but the Ketch version represents a particularly great time in my life....

I.....guess i'll go ahead and give my vote to Ketch, although the Blaze version, towards the end of his run, (say the last two years or so) was incredibley violent and ruthless, which made for some really cool scenarios. (remember when he kicked the Avengers' asses? Thor and Iron Man included?)...

However, the Ketch version had the advantage of being part of the Midnight Sons, a cool ensemble that icluded Blade and Morbius, so yeah, that's the version i'm most nostalgic for.

I VAGUELY remember the Guardians version...apparently he wasn't an alien, per se, but a true descendent of John Blaze who just happened to be born off planet, right?

Maybe it was missed or you mod people aren't on the ball (ha, ha) but I really would love this to be moved to the Ghost Rider forum. There is a pretty tight knit group of people there and I think they'd like this thread. They may be missing it. Please, I beg of you, move this thread.

A pm works wonders when you ask politly. Thanks C. Lee!

Now answer the question foos!

Since I started reading comics in the 60's...I remember reading the western first, but as you say it doesn't tie in with this.

The only other version I read was the Johnny Blaze stories...so he gets my vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"