World Favorite JL/JLU episodes

I may be in the minority on this, but I really think Justice League is superior to Justice League Unlimited. I think the two part format really helped and I missed that with JLU.

I may be in the minority on this, but I really think Justice League is superior to Justice League Unlimited. I think the two part format really helped and I missed that with JLU.

Well here's one rabid DCAU fan that agrees with you.

Starcrossed Parts 1-3 (Summer '04! I loved finally seeing what Wally looked like and the music was phenomenal)
Divided We Fall (everyone had their moment of awesomeness!)
Fearful Symmetry (had no idea who Question was, but man, he stole the show for me! We needed A LOT more of him)

Once & Future Thing. Starcrossed. Divided we Fall. Task Force X. Any episodes w/Question in them. Great series all around tho. The Justice League was at it's best on this show. None of the versions I've seen before or after it have measured up to it.

Co-signed. I've been re-watching JLU on the Hub, and the original 7 JL members are nothing more than a supporting cast on some episodes of JLU. Moreover, JLU introduced so many new characters that very few of them got a significant amount of development with the hero-of-the-week format.

I watched "Comfort and Joy" with my kids this past Christmas and that episode was one of the high points of the series. I sometimes got annoyed with the simplistic animation on JL/JLU and the kid-centric storylines, but that episode made me forget all of that.

:up:

Co-signed. I've been re-watching JLU on the Hub, and the original 7 JL members are nothing more than a supporting cast on some episodes of JLU. Moreover, JLU introduced so many new characters that very few of them got a significant amount of development with the hero-of-the-week format.

I watched "Comfort and Joy" with my kids this past Christmas and that episode was one of the high points of the series. I sometimes got annoyed with the simplistic animation on JL/JLU and the kid-centric storylines, but that episode made me forget all of that.
Yeah, while I was excited to see new characters in animation I felt like many of them suffered from the limited time format. "Hawk and Dove" should have been a great with two little know DC heroes, but it's so flat. The same with introductions like Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E.S. 22 minutes is not enough to introduce a character and tell a decent cartoon story. I never understood why that change was made, but I heard it had something to do with the management at CN...which of course doesn't surprise me.

"Comfort and Joy" is a very underrated episode. I love the whole interaction with Clark, Jonn and the Kents. That was Timm and Co. at their finest.

:up:

Yeah, while I was excited to see new characters in animation I felt like many of them suffered from the limited time format. "Hawk and Dove" should have been a great with two little know DC heroes, but it's so flat. The same with introductions like Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E.S. 22 minutes is not enough to introduce a character and tell a decent cartoon story. I never understood why that change was made, but I heard it had something to do with the management at CN...which of course doesn't surprise me.

"Comfort and Joy" is a very underrated episode. I love the whole interaction with Clark, Jonn and the Kents. That was Timm and Co. at their finest.

Agreed on all counts.

So many favorite episodes. In hindsight I even came to appreciate the one with Black Canary recruiting Green Arrow to help her with bringing out the fighter dude.

Also, when the gang protects a gangster.

Lightweight, easy breeze human drama on a small scale.

Most episodes with Vandal are cool and grandeur.

Is Amazo the most powerful being? He can do anything with a flash of his eyes!

Epilogue (batman beyond FTW, yo), and Task Force X

Epilogue (batman beyond FTW, yo), and Task Force X

I know this is off topic but this episode is the very reason I'm posting.

I'm currently watching Justice League Unlimited and "Epilogue" is the next episode? Does it contain spoilers for the Batman Beyond series?

Should I skip this episode and just move on to JLU Season 3 and watch "Epilogue" with Batman Beyond some other time? Does the fifty year gap mean that skipping "Epilogue" is not really a big deal or should I watch before moving on?

Cheers

I like JLU, but I agree that Justice League is the superior show.

There was just too many members in Unlimited. They should have expanded the roster with only a handful of heroes (like Green Arrow, Supergirl, etc.) and featured other heroes (like The Question, etc.) as just occasional allies, not full members.

Last edited:
I agree that JL is superior, but I definitely enjoyed what I have been able to see of JLU. It feels like it's lacking in some respects - but that may be that I got the weekly broadcasts of JL back in the day and have to search out JLU (therefore making it feel more disjointed).

I couldn't choose a favourite episode of either, though. That would involve watching it all through again and again until I could make some decision. :p

Add me to the "Comfort and Joy" endorsers. From Streaky to the Zook plush toy to the kid crying about Santa... Magnificent!

I love JLU, that was one of the few comic book cartoons I actually watched. The opening of JLU was completely epic, much better than the Justice League one with the strange animation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"