World Favorite lightsaber duel?

Ultron-5

Sidekick
Reaction score
Here at this poll you can vote and discuss your favorite lightsaber duel featured in the Star Wars saga! The options are...

Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Maul (Episode 1)
Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan, and Yoda vs Count Dooku (Episode 2)
Anakin vs Count Dooku (Episode 3)
Obi-Wan vs General Grievous (Episode 3)
Mace Windu vs Darth Sidious (Episode 3)
Anakin vs Obi-Wan (Episode 3)
Yoda vs Darth Sidious (Episode 3)
Ben Kenobi vs Darth Vader (Episode 4)
Luke Skywalker vs Darth Vader (Episode 5)
Luke Skywalker vs Darth Vader (Episode 6)

The duel between Vader and Luke in ESB is unquestionably my favorite duel.

My favorite is the duel with Darth Maul because it was awesome!!! Everyones are doing flips and kicking each other, Darth Maul is awesome, Qui-Gon meets his demise, and Obi-Wan does that cool Finisher move!!! Luke vs Vader in Episode 5 comes as a close second favorite.

Easily the best of the saga so far.

The dialogue helps make it so. Plus how it transitions from one level to another. Hopefully something they follow in Episode 7 (at least the dialogue aspect).

If I were to rank them from favorite to least favorite It would go like this.

1. Qui-Gon and Obi wan vs Darth Maul
2. Luke vs Darth Vader (Episode 5)
3. Anakin vs Obi-Wan
4. Mace Windu vs Darth Sidious
5. Anakin, Obi-Wan and Yoda vs Count Dooku
6. Luke vs Darth Vader (Episode 6)
7. Yoda vs Darth Sidious
8. Ben Kenobi vs Darth Vader
9. Anakin vs Count Dooku
10. Obi Wan vs General Grievous

tumblr_mmnownf7Uh1r70ozfo2_500.gif

tumblr_mmnownf7Uh1r70ozfo1_500.gif

Is there really any doubt? :woot:

My vote went to Duel of the Fates. The score plus the intensity is what i always wanted to see in a duel.

Here's how i rank the rest:
2. Ben Kenobi vs Darth Vader (Episode 4)
3. Anakin vs Obi-Wan (Episode 3)
4. Luke Skywalker vs Darth Vader (Episode 6)
5. Luke Skywalker vs Darth Vader (Episode 5)
6. Yoda vs Darth Sidious (Episode 3)
7. Obi-Wan vs General Grievous (Episode 3)
8. Anakin vs Count Dooku (Episode 3)
9. Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan, and Yoda vs Count Dooku (Episode 2)
10. Mace Windu vs Darth Sidious (Episode 3)

So beautiful:

luke-vs-vader-empire-strikes-back-animated-gif.gif

tumblr_ms7wwkAnw01s4s8tko1_500.gif

Spoiler ;)

empire-luke-hand-cut-off1.png

Seriously, the first time I saw that my jaw dropped. Was totally shocked.

Definitely Luke vs Vader in Empire.

Second is their duel in Jedi.

It's the emotion and tension that makes those fights so special. When Vader realises there is another Skywalker "SISTERRR?!" it's a true holy **** moment.

The cinematography and lighting is also top class and they really thought it through, especially in Jedi when Luke is hiding under the stairs, refusing to fight his father.

Love the Obi Wan/Qui-Gon vs. Darth Maul one from Episode I. That scene is the only saving grace of that movie. I love how no one talks or anything, just a straight up long fight.

Both Vader vs. Luke are tied ons second for me, they were more emotional and i loved the dark atmospheres. They don't make it to the top because the actual fighting is way too basic for my tastes, specially for supposed Jedi Masters, Luke in ROTJ was simply waving his saber from side to side like crazy the entire duel.

It's a toss-up for me between Luke and Vader in Empire and Jedi. I voted for Empire though because it ended with the iconic "I am your father" speech and also because it didn't happen in a movie with Ewoks.

Because Ewoks suck, dude.

Luke/Vader in V is one of my all time favorite movie fights.

I'm gonna have to go with Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan vs Darth Maul. It just felt different from the others. You had 3 people fighting and Maul had a double bladed lightsaber.

Then I would put Luke vs Vader in Empire Strikes Back a close second.

Last edited:
Both Luke Vs Vader duels in the OT.

None of the duels in the prequels had the same level of intensity. Even the Anakin Vs Obi-Wan, was hampered by too much cgi.

My favorite duel is Obi-Wan versus Dooku AOTC

Yeah, Im strange like that. Dooku toying with Obi, the slower pace, lack of melodramatic music, and the fact it doesnt look overly choregraphed makes it one of my favorite. And it doesnt overstay its welcome.

The other two I like are:

Luke versus Vader ESB

Luke versus Vader ROTJ

The rest of the duels I dont really care for.

I loved this one...it felt truly monumental, like the entire universe depended on the outcome. Ultimately I don't feel Yoda or the Emperor should use lightsabers - Yoda is (or was originally) a teacher, a guru, not a warrior, and the Emperor is a witch not a fighter. The Emperor even calls lightsabers a 'Jedi weapon' in RotJ.

But I still enjoy this.

yoda_vs_emperor.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"