Favorite Live Action Batman/Catwoman Pairing

The Batman

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
A love story involving a damaged Billionaire who dresses like a flying rodent and, depending on the story, a flight attendant/dominatrix/secretary who dresses like a Kitten. What's you favorite version of this pairing in live action?

Bale and Hathaway for me. I think this is totally gonna end up being a generational thing though haha. For me, Bale and Hathaway was the best pairing, and I also think Hathaways Catwoman is so far probably the closest to what I think Catwoman should be like on film.

For me, It's basically a tie between West/Newmar and Keaton/Pfeiffer. Both pairings have great chemistry and in their respective stories, it's highlighted that a relationship between Batman and Catwoman would never actually work out. I prefer that to them running away together.

I'll vote for West/Newmar because I'm sure Keaton and Pfeiffer will get votes.

The only one that stands the test of time:

422E4CB7-9F8E-464B-B23C-E6AD02118673.gif

Adam West & Miss Kitka are a strong second though.

Love Keaton and Pfeiffer but I probably haven't watched enough of West and Newmar.

Michael Keaton & Michelle Pfeiffer and it’s not even close for me.

Their characters individually and their chemistry when together is just pure movie magic to me. The constant tension and conflict between them of wanting each other so badly but knowing they can never be together was captured perfectly.

The masquerade party scene is one of my favourite movie scenes of all time and Michael & Michelle are the reason why

"Holy mush!" :funny:

Have to say though, I've never been a fan of the Bat-Cat romance. The only version where it really worked for me and didn't feel like it was dragging things down is in Batman Returns.

For me, It's basically a tie between West/Newmar and Keaton/Pfeiffer. Both pairings have great chemistry and in their respective stories, it's highlighted that a relationship between Batman and Catwoman would never actually work out. I prefer that to them running away together.

I'll vote for West/Newmar because I'm sure Keaton and Pfeiffer will get votes.

Agreed and I will vote the same though I will always have a soft spot for Bale/Hathaway.

Bale and Hathaway for me. I think this is totally gonna end up being a generational thing though haha. For me, Bale and Hathaway was the best pairing, and I also think Hathaways Catwoman is so far probably the closest to what I think Catwoman should be like on film.

They'll probably be the most underrated pairing on this poll.

They're currently second place on the poll. I wouldn't say that's underrated, especially compared to the options that have no votes at all.

There was something missing between them that I can't put my finger on. They had some chemistry, but like you said, they left me cold too.
Guys Nolan isn't great with romance. Let's just admit it.

I voted for Anne and Bale, because they actually resembled the characters from the comics.

Guys Nolan isn't great with romance. Let's just admit it.

I voted for Anne and Bale, because they actually resembled the characters from the comics.

That’s one aspect, but also that’s where the actors come in to sell the romance and do their part. Bale/Hathaway didn’t have that same spark as Keaton/Pfeiffer IMO.

That’s one aspect, but also that’s where the actors come in to sell the romance and do their part. Bale/Hathaway didn’t have that same spark as Keaton/Pfeiffer IMO.
Their ballroom scene is my favorite and heartbreaking.

Their ballroom scene is my favorite and heartbreaking.

And the fact that they were the only two not wearing masks. Loved it.

I thought Bale/Hathaway’s dance wasn’t too shabby either. My favorite scene between them in TDKR.

Pfeiffer and Keaton are incredible. But I had to go with Newmar and West.

Side-note, did West and Kitt have...any scenes together at all where they connected? At least with the movie, Lee Meriwether got to be Miss Kitka for a little bit and bond with Bruce that way, but I can't remember many, if any scenes involving West and Kitt's Catwoman.

That said, I maintain that absolutely nobody- nobody- could purr like Eartha Kitt.

It helps that Keaton and Pfeiffer had dated prior to making Batman Returns, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"