Favorite Live Action Superman/Lois Lane Pairing

Discussion in 'DC Comics Films' started by The Batman, Dec 10, 2021.

?

Favorite Live Action Superman/Lois Pairing?

1. Kirk Alyn & Noel Neill

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. George Reeves & Phyllis Coates

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. George Reeves & Noel Neill

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Christopher Reeve & Margot Kidder

15 vote(s)
    44.1%
  5. Dean Cain & Teri Hatcher

12 vote(s)
    35.3%
  6. Tom Welling & Erica Durance

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  7. Brandon Routh & Kate Bosworth

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Henry Cavill & Amy Adams

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  9. Tyler Hoechlin & Elizabeth Tulloch

12 vote(s)
    35.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. The Batman The Dark Knight

Superman and Lois Lane are the longest running and most iconic romance in superhero history. Which live action version of this duo do you prefer?

2. The Batman The Dark Knight

I'm going with Reeve and Kidder. They had the best chemistry, both are one of if not the best live action version of their respective characters, and I like the general arc of their relationship in STM and SII, even if "Amnesia Kiss" is a pretty bad cop out.

Herofan and Awest66 like this.
  3. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Dean and Teri & Tyler/Elizabeth.

I do like Tom/Erica but....he was never Superman so...we didnt get the full range.

Babillygunn likes this.
  4. Mandon Knight We did it......

Henry & Amy, by a country mile. Love their chemistry.

Daltonio likes this.
  5. DarthSkywalker My Hands Are Cold (he/him)

They have chemistry? When was this displayed? Also isn't it kind of hard to say they had chemistry as Superman and Lois, when neither really played those characters in any recognizable sense?

6. DarthSkywalker My Hands Are Cold (he/him)

Tyler/Liz by a country mile. Both play the roles of Clark and Lois to a tee, while displaying the obvious attraction and deep love the characters have for each other. While most interpretation of the characters don't get past the early relationship stuff, they have displayed everything from smitten to strong, enduring couple who face life together. They also remember one of the most important aspects of the couple, that Snyder completely abandoned. Lois falling for Clark, before she knows he's Superman.

It 15 mins, they accomplished what others couldn't do over hours:

7. Karelia Always Hold On To Smallville...

My order would have to be (as of right now)

Tyler & Liz
    Welling & Durance
    Dean & Teri

I know Superman & Lois is new and only had one season, but man it contained some of the best live action Clark/Superman & Lois scenes. Very heartfelt stuff in this series. I'm loving it.

Smallville I think did a pretty great job showing a young Clark & Lois falling in love. Plus Durance is still my favorite Lois.

Dean & Teri. Lois & Clark is pretty lighthearted and silly series, but I still find their relationship enjoyable in it.

Babillygunn and DarthSkywalker like this.
  8. Shinobi Shaw Hellfire Club's Black King

Tyler & Elizabeth for sure.

Not only do you buy them as Lois & Clark, but their chemistry is undeniable. The fact that they give us so many dimensions to their relationship, seeing them as heroes and journalists, as lovers and loving parents, it’s all very genuine.

They do Superman & Lois very well.

9. Mandon Knight We did it......

I'm talking about all the 'sides' to the character. For me, they had chemistry in the sense of one felt 'their love', both as Clark and as Superman.

10. Mani-Man I just found out about this (he/him)

Definitly would go with Tyler and Elizabeth.
    Maybe its because they are "newer", but i feel like they work incredible well together, more than any other live action version.

Would say Brandon and Kate were the worst to me, they didnt match at all in any kind of way to me.

Henry and Amy are whatever, nothing really strong there...which i blame like most of it, on Snyders god awful dialogue and direction.
    I could see them work with a good script and direction...but what has been given is at best "okay" to me.
    It does its job somewhat, but nothing really genuine or so.

Welling & Durance felt a bit wooden to me, and Cain and Hatcher too goofy at times.
    Cant go wrong with the classics, but yeah...in terms of live action i love the Superman and Lois version the most when it comes to Lois and Clark.

11. Pfeiffer-Pfan Cool Rider

I voted for Christopher Reeve and Margot Kidder. They were great together and played the roles wonderfully, especially in the first two movies. They haven't been beaten in terms of that classic Superman/Lois dynamic.

2nd place goes, suprisingly, to Hoechlin and Tulloch, who feel incredibly genuine and have amazing chemistry together. Yes, it's a more modern approach and the parents angle is a new wrinkle, but they just work together on screen. Love them.

The weakest for me has to be Cavill and Adams. Absolutely zero chemistry on screen and while I love Adams, she just never worked for me as Lois Lane.

12. BobJM Uncle Charlie

It’s probably Reeve & Kidder, but I voted Dean Cain & Teri Hatcher. I haven’t seen that show in ages but I remember her Lois being pretty perfect.

Herofan likes this.
  13. Dweet Registered

Chris Reeve and Margot Kidder. The best.

14. Mandon Knight We did it......

I just don't get the love for Kidder as Lane. Now, I love the Donner film(s), the first is the finest CBM ever made, BUT Kidder's Lois is an A1 ***** to Reeve as Clark. Their first meeting at the Planet sets the precedent for their entire relationship.

Babillygunn likes this.
  15. Awest66 Registered

Christopher Reeve and Margot Kidder still reign supreme in my books.

Henry and Amy feel more like Dr Manhattan and Laurie than they do Superman and Lois.

16. super85 Registered

I have liked all of them, for different reasons. Voted for Deain Cain&Teri Hatcher.

17. Babillygunn New Age Outlaw

Agree that Kidder’s Lois was a really bad interpretation of the character.

Also agree that Cavill and Adams had zero chemistry, and the writing and direction was abysmal and failed the actors.

Tulloch and Hoechlin are far and away the best. They hit every note to perfection.

I also agree that Welling and Durance were really great and are firmly at #2, but Welling not being Superman hurts the discussion.

As much as I liked Lois and Clark in the day, it is hard to follow Cain these days. I’m sorry. And truth be told, he never was geeky enough to be a good Clark and was too full of himself to pass as a good Superman. Hoechlin nails both aspects. Hatcher was great, though.

18. The Lazarus Pit The Boy Wonder

I wish we could get Hoechlin and Durance, that would be the perfect pairing. To date, Durance is my favorite Lois,

Nightprey likes this.
  19. Babillygunn New Age Outlaw

I really loved Durance as Lane. She’s the perfect Bronze Age Lois.
    Tulloch is the perfect Tomasi era Lane. And the Tomasi run was a masterpiece.
    That’s why I like those two the best.

Nightprey and The Lazarus Pit like this.
  20. The Batman The Dark Knight

He's playing John Byrne Clark, who wasn't all that geeky.

He definitely can't pass for a good Superman, though.

Karelia likes this.
  21. Deck Rickard Morag Tong Assassin

Reeve and Kidder. Couldn’t care less about any of the others tbh.

Awest66 and Dweet like this.
  22. Herofan Registered

I love Reeve and Kidder, they're very close, but I also love Cain and Hatcher and have to give the edge to them for actually working out.

I think Durance's Lois Lane was much more jerky than Kidder's and I think, AU, Older Tom Welling Clark with Amy Adams Lois Lane could have been a good couple, a lot better than what was in Man of Steel.

#22 Herofan, Dec 19, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
  23. Dweet Registered

Cain and Hatcher are almost as good as Reeve and Kidder.

24. The Lazarus Pit The Boy Wonder

I remember right after BVS came out, I was making the argument that just because someone is a great actress (Adams) doesn’t mean they can play any role. I thought her Lois was unimpressive, and has been played much better by actresses who have less accolades.

Durance, Kidder, Tulloch, and Hatcher blow Adams out of the water. The only recent Lois she is better than is Bosworth (clearly the worst Lois).

Awest66 and Karelia like this.
  25. Awest66 Registered

Yeah, There's honestly nothing about the DCEU version of the character that screams "Lois Lane" to me. I look at her and I just see a pretty bland Amy Adams playing a reporter role.

The Lazarus Pit likes this.