Favorite Meeting or Social App?

Yowza

Sidekick
Reaction score
A lot of businesses or healthcare facilities often have their own app now that you log into and the video is facillitated with a connected service whether it be Vidyo or pocketpatient or one of the more personally used services such as Zoom.

There are a lot of options now from a personal standpoint. Not too long ago, it was good to buy an Iphone to enjoy something novel called Facetime. As for Skype, well that was more cpu based but now of course things are different with it.

What's your favorite video/chat/messenger and why?

Last edited:
Personally, I'm very unsure about this as is reason created this thread. I like simplicity most and something that doesn't require the other user to need the same app or softare.

In this regard, I think Skype or Zoom are pretty good. I like WhatsApp though as so many features. Facebook I generally stay away from as don't want everything to feel like connected to a social feed. I'm ok with Google Duo (use with Nook from Barnes and Noble) and Google Meet is a good option applied to Gmail now though.

Overall, Skype I think I like. It's built off of earlier notions and kind of works as it's own thing.

I gotta admit I’d never heard of some of these

Skype - which I use mainly for work and social, Zoom too but prefer Skype.

Skype simply you know what you're in for.

I remember when Google initially tried expanding into the social media arena with Google+; it was confusing and really hard to control and privacy concerns crept up so it was eventually completely cutout. Still, Google+ messenger and Google Talk were integrated into Google Hangouts which is moreso a messenging app comparable to Facebook's messenger. I should've included Google Hangouts on the list.

Here's an article comparing Google Meet (a newer service) and Google Hangouts: Google Meet vs Hangouts - What is the difference?.

Google Duo I think is moreso only used for tablets and androids and more utilitarian in it's purpose (videocalls 1:1 moreso).

Last edited:
There's also Snapchat as well as Viber too.

The messenger apps going into the whole videocalling either with or without a telephone number attached are crossing over to make it really hard to create an apples to apples comparison in terms of social media meeting apps as time goes on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"