Favorite moment in the trilogy?

Nell2ThaIzzay

Avenger
Reaction score
As my recent kick on X-Men continues, a thread for favorite moment of the trilogy. I'm going to make a poll with some of the common scenes, as well as some of my personal favorites. You can go in depth in your post if you wish, or even post some other favorite moments you have.

My favorite moment overall in the trilogy is -probably- the Phoenix climax on Alcatraz in X-Men: The Last Stand. I think it's emotional, epic, shot beautifully, superb acting. I know a lot of people have problems with the "You would die for them?" "No, for you" exchange, but I personally highly enjoy it, and feel it's in character for both involved. It should be Cyclops, yes, but overall, I just can't let my fanboyism get in the way of a great scene (or is it my fanboyism saying the scene is great?)

Some of my favorite moments from each film:

X-Men
-Xavier and Magneto interaction at the Senate hearing.
-Wolverine cage fight introduction.
-Cyclops talking to a comatose Xavier - "Everything worth knowing I learned from you"

X2: X-Men United
-Magneto's escape from the plastic prison
-Jean's sacrifice
-Nightcrawler's White House invasion

X-Men: The Last Stand
-Phoenix climax on Alcatraz
-Magneto's church and forest speeches
-Magneto's televised terrorist threats

--- 5 options from each movie, plus an "other" choice. Poll allows for multiple choice answers.

Last edited:
I have a lot of favorite scenes, mostly from the first two movies. It would be difficult to choose just one, and while I enjoy a lot of the action scenes and power displays throughout the trilogy, my favorite scene could probably be narrowed down to one featuring both McKellen's Magneto and Stewart's Professor Xavier.

X-Men:

A young Magneto in the concentration camp
Wolverine in the cage
Xavier and Magneto at the Senate hearing
“What is this place?” montage
Cyclops, Jean Grey, and Wolverine in Wolverine’s bedroom
Cyclops talking to a comatose Professor Xavier
The X-Jet emerging from the basketball court and flying under the bridge
Storm obliterating Toad
Wolverine and Jean Grey in the subbasement
Magneto and Professor Xavier playing chess in Magneto’s plastic prison

X2: X-Men United:

The White House attack
X-Men at the museum
Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm, and Professor Xavier in Xavier's office, discussing the White House attack
Professor Xavier and Wolverine in Cerebro
The Mansion raid, especially the cameos by Kitty Pryde, Siryn, and Colossus
Pyro attacking the police officers and Rogue stopping him
The dog chase sequence, including the first real glimpse of Jean Grey’s expanding power and Nightcrawler saving Rogue
Magneto’s escape
The X-Men, Magneto, and Mystique in the forest and in the X-Jet
Mystique infiltrating Stryker’s lair, cutting through his soldiers, and flipping them off as she leaves
Cyclops v. Jean Grey
Magneto approaching and rearranging Cerebro
Jean Grey’s sacrifice
Professor Xavier discussing Jean Grey's sacrifice with Cyclops and Wolverine and later sensing Jean's survival
Jean Grey’s voiceover, while the Phoenix emerges from Alkali Lake

X-Men: The Last Stand:

Cyclops grieving in his bedroom, haunted by images of Jean Grey
Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix in the subbasement
Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix, Magneto, and Professor Xavier at the Grey household

…the only three scenes I care to watch anymore.

Last edited:
X1 has loads of scene's that I simply love, in X2, practically every scene I love, and in X3, there are very few, if any scene's, that I do love.

But my personal favourite has to be Jeans sacrifice at the end of X2, one of the most well-directed, emotional, and amazing scene's in ANY CB movie. Jeans commentary over the end as the Pheonix is seen beneath the water is the perfect ending to the movie and still gets me giddy even to this day. Its a testament to the directing that I KNEW Jean wasnt dead and yet was still almost in tears at her 'death.' Its just a shame that the movie that came after it didnt reach even a slither of the potential the story had IMO.

But yeah, the whole of X2 was pretty much amazing to me and the closest to the 3 of the X-Men movie I have wanted to see since being a kid. But Jean's sacrifice just shades all of the other scene's for sheer emotional weight if anything else.

I always liked in X-2 the attack on the mansion.

X-MEN - Wolverine cage fighting introduction.
X2 - Wolverine VS. Lady Deathstrike or Wolverine VS. Stryker's soldiers in the mansion.
X:TLS - Wolverine VS. Brotherhood thugs in the woods.

Favourite has to be Wolverine's introduction.

X1 has loads of scene's that I simply love, in X2, practically every scene I love, and in X3, there are very few, if any scene's, that I do love.

But my personal favourite has to be Jeans sacrifice at the end of X2, one of the most well-directed, emotional, and amazing scene's in ANY CB movie. Jeans commentary over the end as the Pheonix is seen beneath the water is the perfect ending to the movie and still gets me giddy even to this day. Its a testament to the directing that I KNEW Jean wasnt dead and yet was still almost in tears at her 'death.' Its just a shame that the movie that came after it didnt reach even a slither of the potential the story had IMO.

But yeah, the whole of X2 was pretty much amazing to me and the closest to the 3 of the X-Men movie I have wanted to see since being a kid. But Jean's sacrifice just shades all of the other scene's for sheer emotional weight if anything else.

That is a great moment also, one of my favorite moments of the trilogy. This moment might be the best "comic to screen" moment of the trilogy. That climax encapsulates to me everything that X-Men is about in one moment.

X-Men: The Last Stand lives up to the hype, and disappoints, both at the same time.

I have so many favourite moments, impossible to pick one.

Out of the available options, I chose:

"X-Men" - Wolverine and Rogue dialogue in truck
"X-Men" - Cyclops talking to comatose Xavier
"X2" - Nightcrawler White House attack
"X2" - Magneto escapes from prison
"X2" - Mid air dogfight in the Blackbird
"X2" - Wolverine vs. Lady Deathstrike
"X2" - Jean Grey sacrifice
"X-Men: The Last Stand" - Phoenix vs. Xavier duel
Other not listed - Explain in post

Others:

"X-Men" - Xavier's narrative montage detailing his school, the X-Men and Magneto to Wolverine.
"X-Men" - Senator Kelly and Mystique in the chopper.
"X-Men" - Wolverine, Jean and Cyclops in Wolverine's bedroom.
"X-Men" - Xavier's first use of Cerebro.
"X-Men" - Magneto standing down the police, Jean and Xavier.
"X-Men" - Xavier plays Chess with Magneto in his plastic prison.
"X2" - Museum scene.
"X2" - Magneto uses Cerebro.
"X2" - Jean and Storm confront Nightcrawler in the Church.
"X2" - Xavier visits Magneto/Cyclops fights guards and Deathstryke.
"X2" - Stryker raids the Mansion.
"X2" - Bobby, Pyro, Rogue and Wolverine at Bobby's house.
"X2" - Nightcrawler and Storm's discussion in the back of the X-Jet.
"X2" - X-Men, Magneto and Mystique at the camp.
"X2" - X-Men, Magneto and Mystique on the X-Jet
"X2" - Jean fights Cyclops.
"X2" - Nightcrawler teleports Storm into Dark Cerebro.
"X2" - X-Men in the President's office.
"X2" - Xavier, Cyclops, Wolverine and students in Xavier's office.
"X2" - Phoenix aura beneath Alkali and Jean's ending monologue.
"X-Men: The Last Stand" - Grieving Cyclops and his exchange with Wolverine.
"X-Men: The Last Stand" - Angel refusing the cure.
"X-Men: The Last Stand" - Magneto's first speech.
"X-Men: The Last Stand" - Beast visits Worthington Labs and Leech.
"X-Men: The Last Stand" - Cyclops at Alkali Lake (before Phoenix rises).
"X-Men: The Last Stand" - Phoenix threatens Magneto with the cure.
"X-Men: The Last Stand" - Magneto scolding Pyro.
"X-Men: The Last Stand" - Magneto's speech at the encampment.
"X-Men: The Last Stand" - [ALTERNATE SCENE] Iceman telling Wolverine, Storm and Beast that he, Kitty and Colossus are going to fight alongside them before boarding the X-Jet.
"X-Men: The Last Stand" - Kitty and Leech versus Juggernaut.
"X-Men: The Last Stand" - Iceman ices up to defeat Pyro.
"X-Men: The Last Stand" - Magneto being cured.
"X-Men: The Last Stand" - Ending scene with Magneto playing chess by himself.

That is a great moment also, one of my favorite moments of the trilogy. This moment might be the best "comic to screen" moment of the trilogy. That climax encapsulates to me everything that X-Men is about in one moment.

Agreed, its emotional, tense, action/incident packed, it had everything, throw in it being as faithful as could be to the comic and then THAT ending, phenominal stuff.

X-Men: The Last Stand lives up to the hype, and disappoints, both at the same time.

I've never known aggreeing and at the same time disagreeing with someone so much :cwink:. But I have to disagree, IMO, X3 was a disgrace to this franchise and CB movies in general. Sorry Nell but i'll never change how I feel. I hope you continue to enjoy it though buddy.

Last edited:
Best scene overall to me was Phoenix battling Xavier. A true powerful moment of the trilogy, especially knowing these characters from X1 and X2 (especially X2)

Best action scene is a tie for me between Nightcrawler for its wow moment, and Storm in X2. That's the most powerful display from the Wheater Goddess. Truly beautiful scene, and she looks regal and calm. I love it.

Jean dying in X2 is the best "human" scene. The whole 10 last minutes of that movie are heartbreaking. (especially when you remember the **** that was X3 and how epic it could be. That firebird in the end still gives me shivers)

X-men: Wolverine cage introduction

X-men United: Storm's tornado scene & freezing of Dark Cerebro

X-men TLS: Danger Room sequence

Agreed, its emotional, tense, action/incident packed, it had everything, throw in it being as faithful as could be to the comic and then THAT ending, phenominal stuff.

I've never known aggreeing and at the same time disagreeing with someone so much :cwink:. But I have to disagree, IMO, X3 was a disgrace to this franchise and CB movies in general. Sorry Nell but i'll never change how I feel. I hope you continue to enjoy it though buddy.

Heh, well as a fan of the X-Men, I wish you could enjoy the trilogy from beginning to end. But you don't, and that's your right.

Even at it's worst, I don't think the movie is as bad as a lot of people make it out to be, but I can definitely understand why fans would be driven away from it.

That's a great moment too, especially when Magneto turns the guns on the police officers.

i always thought it would be cooler if jean had stopped that bullet. i mean, it would actually maker useful and youd see that yes she could stop one but her powers were not developed enough to do the rest. otherwise she should have gone into the train station with scott and ororo.

ie when magneto says dont think i can stop them all. it would have been much more chilling for him to say i dont think SHE can stop them all.

oh and i voted for jeans sacrifice, but rogue and logan's conversation in the truck was a close second!

i just wish logan hadnt cried when jean died, hes such a puss! it takes away from scott's, who it actually makes sense to cry, crying.

Best scene of the entire trilogy - Mystique nude after being turned into a regular human.

C'mon, you know it's true.:cwink::grin:

Best scene of the entire trilogy - Mystique nude after being turned into a regular human.

C'mon, you know it's true.:cwink::grin:

I've always wondered why her hair is black even before she transforms into her human Raven Darkholme persona? Was that just BAD editting?

i always thought it would be cooler if jean had stopped that bullet. i mean, it would actually maker useful and youd see that yes she could stop one but her powers were not developed enough to do the rest. otherwise she should have gone into the train station with scott and ororo.

ie when magneto says dont think i can stop them all. it would have been much more chilling for him to say i dont think SHE can stop them all.

That's a good and interesting suggestion.

I've always wondered why her hair is black even before she transforms into her human Raven Darkholme persona? Was that just BAD editting?

No idea what you are talking about!?:huh:

Mystique. She went around for several years using the name Raven Darkholme as a sexy brunnette

I still have no clue what you or 'EnDzOnE' are talking about.

Mystique's real name is Raven Darkholme. That's her name in the comics, that has always been her name.

When she was cured, she changed from a blue-skinned, red-haired form to a non-mutated form that had black hair and normal skin.

Are you trying to question why she was called 'Raven' if she wasn't 'raven-haired' until cured?

If so, we don't know if she was blue-skinned from birth. And the name Raven doesn't necessarily have to mean she has 'raven hair.'

I still have no clue what you or 'EnDzOnE' are talking about.

Mystique's real name is Raven Darkholme. That's her name in the comics, that has always been her name.

When she was cured, she changed from a blue-skinned, red-haired form to a non-mutated form that had black hair and normal skin.

Are you trying to question why she was called 'Raven' if she wasn't 'raven-haired' until cured?

If so, we don't know if she was blue-skinned from birth. And the name Raven doesn't necessarily have to mean she has 'raven hair.'

I think what he means is that in the scene when Mystique is cured, her hair is black before anything else in the transformation takes place.

Maniac i misunderstood your question I thought you were asking who Darkholme was ... I think EndZone was trying to say what Nell said.

I think what he means is that in the scene when Mystique is cured, her hair is black before anything else in the transformation takes place.

Nah I rewatched the scene again (still can't be bothered to buy the dvd so i saw it some where online) and it does turn from red to black and not just black to begin with.

thanks tho Nell for explaining my side. :)

But yea that was what i originally meant. 'X-Maniac' is correct in this regard. I guess i could nitpick that it was a very fake looking Jet Black wig but some of the shots of the character pre-X-men 3 also showed a very fake looking red-head Mystique. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"